1000 pt. Slaanesh/Tzeetch Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt. Slaanesh/Tzeetch Army

This is one of my first succesful armies using the CD:

HoS
    -Chariot
    -Unholy Might -75
    Fiends(6) -180
    Daemonettes(9) (10) -126/-140 respectively
    Horrors(12) -204
    Horrors(6)
    -Bolt of Tzeetch -112
    SG
    -phgelgm -160
    =997
    the phelgm upgrade was in there because I was facing IG and felt it would be more useful than the Tongue though against a normal enemy I would usually use the Tongue upgrade

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HoS
    -Chariot
    -Unholy Might -75

This is a nice effective HQ for this point level.

Fiends(6) -180

You could lower this to 4 me thinks, and still have an effect squad for less points. i know less fluffy but you could use the points for icons, which you need.

Daemonettes(9) (10) -126/-140 respectively

This is nice.

Horrors(12) -204
    Horrors(6)
    -Bolt of Tzeetch -112

these are also nice.

SG
    -phgelgm -160

Trade him out for a DP...him being the only armour piece will cause for him to get taken out pretty fast. You might lose him before he can make back his points.

Also you need to get some icon's for your squads. It is nice to have them, and will help you out a ton not having to roll for scatter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, with the 60 extra points from taking out the fiends I could get a chaos icon for the 12 man horror squad, 1 for my HoS and then I have 13 extra points

also DP
    -Mark of Tzeetch
    -soul devourer
    -bolt of Tzeetch
    -Instrument of Chaos -155

this gives me 18 extra points so then make both my Daemonette squads 10 man, -14.

final point cost -996

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    hmmm, with the 60 extra points from taking out the fiends I could get a chaos icon for the 12 man horror squad, 1 for my HoS and then I have 13 extra points

also DP
    -Mark of Tzeetch
    -soul devourer
    -bolt of Tzeetch
    -Instrument of Chaos -155

this gives me 18 extra points so then make both my Daemonette squads 10 man, -14.

final point cost -996
    Yeah that'd be effective ...I still think you should invest in more then one icon...they work really well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they do work very well but for the 25 point cost and the fact that you then have to deepstrike them in where ever there is an icon forces you to attack from one general direction rather than maybe flank your enemy to force him to split up his forces or something along those lines. Though if I were to install maybe a few more chaos icons into this army where and how do you suggest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

yes they do work very well but for the 25 point cost and the fact that you then have to deepstrike them in where ever there is an icon forces you to attack from one general direction rather than maybe flank your enemy to force him to split up his forces or something along those lines. Though if I were to install maybe a few more chaos icons into this army where and how do you suggest?
    You don't always have to use the icon. Remember that. But if you are worried you are going to scatter off the board or into troops, it makes it worth the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm I see, though if I were to install maybe a few more chaos icons into this army where and how do you suggest?(sorry about asking this again but I am curious to try an army with more than 1 or 2 icons)

also how do you suggest I divide up this army, I had the first wave as such: 10 Daemonettes, 12 horrors, and the DP(23). With the second wave consisting of the herald, the 4 fiends, the 9 daemonettes, and the 6 man horror squad(20). If I did this would the DP have to be in the 2nd wave and if so I probably will change this setup slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

hmmm I see, though if I were to install maybe a few more chaos icons into this army where and how do you suggest?(sorry about asking this again but I am curious to try an army with more than 1 or 2 icons)

also how do you suggest I divide up this army, I had the first wave as such: 10 Daemonettes, 12 horrors, and the DP(23). With the second wave consisting of the herald, the 4 fiends, the 9 daemonettes, and the 6 man horror squad(20). If I did this would the DP have to be in the 2nd wave and if so I probably will change this setup slightly.
    I would say at least one more Icon...so you have at least one for each side, in the event your list doesn't go out and you have a bad roll. But I would split is up daemonettes and fiends, and then horrors and nurglings, and then dap on one side and herald on the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm so maybe 1st wave:take half of the Daemonette squad and add to the first(15 now), the herald(chaos icon), and the 6 man horror squad=(22)

2nd wave: 12 horrors(chaos icon), DP, 4 fiends, and then send the other half of the daemonette sqaud here(s)=(22)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x3)

hmm so maybe 1st wave:take half of the Daemonette squad and add to the first(15 now), the herald(chaos icon), and the 6 man horror squad=(22)

2nd wave: 12 horrors(chaos icon), DP, 4 fiends, and then send the other half of the daemonette sqaud here(s)=(22)
    Yeah that looks good for deployment. That way it is even and such. So just in case your choice doesn't go first either ones can stand on their own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast