Demonzilla? 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demonzilla? 1500pts

HQ
    Blood Thirster-255
    -Instrument of Chaos

Blood Thirster-255
    -Instrument of Chaos

Troops
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65

Fast Attack
    8 Screamers-128
    8 Screamers-128

Heavy Support
    Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

1496pts
    • I was thinking of using the nurglings to capture objectives and keep themeselves scoring, but can they really take a beating? They seem dont effective at much else.
    • Hopefully the screamers can alleviate the big demons from anti-tank duty so they can focus all their power on troops (not that the Prince's are much effective at taking out vehicles in this list)
    • I gave all the big demons instruments because i was 25pts short of 1500pts, but doesnt seem like such a bad points filler
    • I am not sure what would be the best way to divide the army up, i do want to keep nurglins scoring(i have 5th in mind here) but i do want my big guys to remain relatively safe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm its a good strategy though you might want to consider fielding some daemonettes or bloddletters to keep the attention off of you plague bearers, also you might want to consider changing one of your bloodthirsters into a lord of change, it will give you more points to spend elsewhere and with the fleet it might just be that unit you have been looking for to keep the HS/elite units of your troops. Also try getting a chaos icon in somewhere or else deepstriking might be the opponents MVP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto with what shep said about getting some icons in there, you are just making it harder for yourself randomly deepstiking your reserves..
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ
    Blood Thirster-255
    -Instrument of Chaos

Blood Thirster-255
    -Instrument of Chaos

He doesn't need intstrument of chaos...if he ties with a squad, you are just having bad rolls.

Troops
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65

You need some icons...maybe give these gtuys IoC...Plus you need more troops.

Fast Attack
    8 Screamers-128
    8 Screamers-128

These are nice units.

Heavy Support
    Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

These are nice. Here is the problem with this list come next edition...You have...25 guys that can capture objective...That is not so good. You need more troops, with some Icons so you don't scatter off the board, or into your opponent. I think you should drop one of the DP's for more troops, icons, and upgrades for your squads. If you still need more points after that drop a thirster. No need for two anyway. They are pretty expensive and one per army is plenty to cause havoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if he loses the monsterous creatures his list, it stops being a daemonzilla.

It seems to be that you have come up with this list based on the nidzilla, rippers = nurglings, screamers = raveners etc. The daemon list plays differently as it deepstrikes and is assault orientated (where as nidzilla slogs and shoots) and requires a different midset.

Personally I would rip out the nurglings, and put in plague bearers with an icon. While they are not threatening they are hard to kill, and if they dont they know that your other MC are going to pop out and cause a world of trouble for them.
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Fade View Post
    But if he loses the monsterous creatures his list, it stops being a daemonzilla.

It seems to be that you have come up with this list based on the nidzilla, rippers = nurglings, screamers = raveners etc. The daemon list plays differently as it deepstrikes and is assault orientated (where as nidzilla slogs and shoots) and requires a different midset.

Personally I would rip out the nurglings, and put in plague bearers with an icon. While they are not threatening they are hard to kill, and if they dont they know that your other MC are going to pop out and cause a world of trouble for them.
    I never said it wasn't lol. I simply said it won't be effective next edition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Comments in red, see below as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers View Post
    HQ
    Blood Thirster-255
    -Instrument of Chaos

Blood Thirster-255
    -Instrument of Chaos

The instruments will be useless, 10 points wasted is still points wasted. Ditch them. Maybe consider a LoC of KoS instead of the second BS. The LoC would provide dakka and can fight. The KoS is very maneuverable with fleet and soporific musk, which is good in case you find yourself getting bogged down in hth.

Troops
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65
    5 Nurglings-65

Swarms are NOT SCORING in 5th Ed. So unless you get annihilation or table your opponent, you can't win. Scrap the nurglings unless you want a couple of tar pits, and get some plague bearers to use for scoring.

Consider this set up:
    • 5x Plaguebearers 75 pts.
    • 4x Nurglings 52 pts.

With the points you save from ditching the instruments, you can afford scoring plague bearers.

Fast Attack
    8 Screamers-128
    8 Screamers-128

This is overkill and easy prey. You only need 3~4 screamers at the most, and probably only one squad. You have 5 MCs, do you seriously think you need more anti-tank? Get some Hounds, steeds, or dump the points into your DPs. Personally, I think screamers are a bit of waste unless you want to sneak up and ninja something like a Leman Russ. You only need a few for that anyways.

Heavy Support
    Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Demon Prince-135
    -Iron Hide
    -Demonic Gaze
    -Instrument of Chaos

Again, ditch the whistles and horns (literally). DPs can shoot two weapons in a turn, be sure give them two shooting attacks. Breath or Chaos, Boon of Mutation, or Bolt of Tzeentch. You need something. I would actually suggest dropping the iron hides, make the DPs Tzeentchy, and use the saved points from the screamers to give them good shooting attacks.
    1496pts
    Your big problem here is lack of scouring units and Slow DPs with limited dakka. You need to either beef up your DP shooting, or use an icon/wings to help them DS close to your enemies.
    Last edited by Dr. Paris; June 11th, 2008 at 17:09.

+ Reply to Thread