2000 pt nurgle list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt nurgle list

Hey just got back into the hobby again this summer because im bored...this is my list so far I have 100 pts unless im mistaken. I know its not the best or the smartest list in the world but these are the models I have right now and they are all converted so nicely i cant help myself! buuuttt anyways I was thinking of adding in either a greater deamn or lesser deamons since once I finish up this army im making a daemon army. If possible id like to get some ideas on what i could add/lose in my list to make it stronger. also maybe some tactics I could use because I know that it will be hard to use this list effectively the way it is. Now...on to the list. Thanks in advance!

HQ:

Daemon Prince: MoN, Wings-150

Sorcerer: MoN, Warptime-145
    (goes with possessed in landraider)

ELITES:

Possessed x5: N. Icon- 180

Dreadnought: 2ccw- 100

TROOPS:

Plague Marines x10 : 2x plasma gun, asp. champ, p-fist- 270
    Rhino:35

HEAVY:

Obliterator cult x3: 225

Defiler: 2ccw- 150

Land Raider: D. Possession- 240

so if everything is calculated right it comes out to 1900...thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would spend the points left over on giving the Prince nurgles rot, it helps with the out-numbering that you always get with nurgle lists.

Ok just looking at the plague squads, the plasma gun doesnt gel with the powerfist. If you rapid fire you cant charge, and if you charge your losing alot of the bang out of the squads firepower.
    What I would do, is drop the possesed and take some more plague marines instead and rearrange what you have already so it looks something like this..
    Two lots of 5 or 6 plague marines with 2 plasma guns. Add rhinos if you have the points.
    One squad with about 8-10 plague marines with two meltaguns and a champ with a fist in a rhino.
    Another squad with 2 meltaguns and a champ with a fist, to go into the raider. Numbers dependant on how many points you have left.
    Just as a point when your running a mech list like this is to remember numbers. One or two tanks are easy to get rid of. Three or four will keep you opponents AT busy all game. Five or six will make them sweat, but seven or more there is not much you can do to stop them. So if your taking tanks get as many as you possibly can or leave them all at home.

As for tactics I would team up the 2 dreads and the defiler together and march them up one flank. While the rhinos and the land raider take either the center or the other flank. Whichever one they pay attention to the other will cause them a world of hurt.
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ:

Daemon Prince: MoN, Wings-150

Sorcerer: MoN, Warptime-145
    (goes with possessed in landraider)

These are nice squads. Why have him in the LR?

ELITES:

Possessed x5: N. Icon- 180

These are risky squads. I don't suggest running them. Their points cna often be better spent.

Same as above. These are risky. I don't much care for them but that is just me.

TROOPS:

These are nice. I don't have any suggestions for this squad here.

HEAVY:

Obliterator cult x3: 225

Defiler: 2ccw- 150

Land Raider: D. Possession- 240

These are nice, but I suggest dropping the oblits getting another tank so your defiler doesn't get targeted and taken down before you make good use of him. And then use the extra points to get another squad of PM's but not 10 strong...go for a smaller squad for the extra punch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Prince is good but the Sorceror sucks. If you cast warptime he can't use the force weapon abilities unless he has MoT. Therefore he just becomes a rerollable powerweapon. I would move warptime to the prince and drop the sorceror.

Dreads: Poor to be honnest. Get a plasma cannon for them or drop them for combiplasma terminators. These will be left behind other wise as your mechanised force arrives near your opponents first.

Possessed: Considdering they cost more then Plague Marines, can't shoot, could roll FNP and you have to pay extra to make them T5 I think they are one of the biggest wastes of points around. Replace for more troops or termies.

Troops: I make each squad 300 points each not 270. Good loadout but I think you can safely drop their size to 8. 2 troop choices (admittedly tough ones) isn't enough in a 2000 point list. Try for 4 units of 8 with 2 plasma armed squads and 2 with meltas. Put powerfists in the melta squads and think about it foor the others if you have enough points.

Oblits: Good. Get a personal icon for one troop squad to allow deepstriking if you need to.

Defiler: OK if you often use it for combat. If you find you use it for shooting then a possessed vindicator is better.

Land raider: Not great. Can be used to transport plague marines but termies wiould be a better cargo. If you aren't using terminators then swap it for a 130 point pred and a rhino for the plague marines.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright well ive been trying to come up with different lists im thinking I could drop the possessed and either fill the land raider with more pms or a squad of termies I know its a choice of opinion...i really wish gw wouldnt have screwed possessed with that stupid table! arg well anyways I was also thinking of putting the pms squad size down to their sacred number and having 3 of them and using chosen with infiltrate. So the pms would go in the transports and the chosen would cause some problems up in the enemy lines...which brings me to my next dilema of what to equip the chosen with plasma or melta and also how many in the squad. If I went with this option I would probably drop the sorcerer. I really am trying to find a way to make my army work together perfectly...even though I know there will be some problems with the dreads once in awhile...anyway sorry for the rant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you have kind of answered your own question in there...

What to arm chosen with + having trouble with Dreads = Meltaguns..
    I find that 3 is reliable for all AT reasons, and can take a decent chunk out of MEQ infantry as well.
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

+ Reply to Thread