1500 Tzeentchy Overlapping Shooters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tzeentchy Overlapping Shooters

Decided to try a Daemon list, its a bit iffy (I wasn't sure about the Blue Scribes, and i've got no idea how effective my DP's are) but looks refined enough to be put up for review.

HQ
    -----
    The Blue Scribes. 130 (1)
    -----

Elite
    -----
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    -----
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    -----
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    -----

Troops
    -----
    10 Pink Horrors: Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch, Icon. 193 (1)
    -----
    9 Pink Horrors: Bolt of Tzeentch, Icon. 188 (1)
    -----
    9 Pink Horrors: Bolt of Tzeentch. 163
    -----
    -----

Heavy Support
    -----
    Daemon Prince: Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze. 165 (1)
    -----
    -----
    Total: 1499 (Units marked with a 1 are in group 1, others in group 2)

The list is mainly made up of Units that can perform well against more than one target.
    I'll DS the two Horror squads in first, setting them up in a spot with decent cover, and manuever them to take out GEQs and if necessary take out some Tanks andTransports. The DP's are on anti-tank duty, but they can eat up MEQs also. The Scribes join some horrors in killing GEQ/Transports and assist with varous powers depending on the situation. The Flamers are going to be taking on any large units, or if necessary some heavily armored targets.

Is the DP setup i have viable at all? Are the Blue Scribes going to be effective in a list like this or should i swap some things around?

And most importantly, do i need more icons?

Quote Originally Posted by MindWar View Post
    Frankly, I think you're insane!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ
    -----
    The Blue Scribes. 130 (1)

Nice here.
    -----

Elite
    -----
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    -----
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    -----
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch

Also nice.
    -----

Troops
    -----
    10 Pink Horrors: Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch, Icon. 193 (1)
    -----
    9 Pink Horrors: Bolt of Tzeentch, Icon. 188 (1)
    -----
    -----

nice work here, though I don't see any icons...
    -----

Heavy Support
    -----
    -----

Nice here as well.

I think you need at least one more icon.

The separation of the armies look good though. Nice job with that
    -----
    Total: 1499 (Units marked with a 1 are in group 1, others in group 2)
    Last edited by Meish; June 11th, 2008 at 08:58.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zygh View Post
    And most importantly, do i need more icons?
    In my opinion, Icons are vastly overrated. Yeah, having a couple is definitely a nice bonus, but you shouldn't sacrifice models for Icons. To get even one more Icon in your list, you'd have to drop two Horrors or something else silly like that; not worth it at all.

Honestly, I think your list is near-perfect for a Tzeentch-only list. You have a fair amount of anti-tank (you may find yourself suffering against things like Land Raiders or Monoliths, especially the latter) but that's true of all Daemon lists.

This list is very fluffy and looks like a blast to play; I wouldn't suggest any changes. Let us know how it does for you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Your DPs are good. You want to take advantage of their ability to shoot twice, and Bolt of Tzeentch is a good catch-all along with Daemonic gaze. That's 4 MEQ shooting attacks that can hit on 2's.

I'd see if you couldn't try and fit in a Lord of Change over the blue scribes. You only have the two DPs that can put up a fight in Hth. While you're shooting is generally awesome, you might get overtaken by something like Jump Infantry, beasts or cav, and then, there's a real risk your army could be overrun. I think a third heavy hitter would go far to hold your lines.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I would drop the blue scribes for a regular Herald with BoT, sorcery and legion. These heralds are perfect for efficiently allocating firepower. Blue scribes are nice for including plenty of different types of shooting but they are a little unreliable and a bit pricy.

Flamers: Perfect

Troops: Good. The Bolts of Tz are ok as point fillers but you waste plenty of S4 firepower if you use them against tanks. As insurance they are ok but don't rely on them. Icons are fine for other daemon armies but Tzeentch can get away without using them. You want to keep the range open usually so should be deepstriking at about 14-18" range. Scatter is less deadly than khorne chaps who like to get in close. The only use for icons I can see is bringging is the flamers to an icon close to the enemy and using 3 Breaths of chaos to wipe a unit out. This is great so I would always put the flamers in reserve and hold 1 or 2 icons but no more.

Princes: Gaze and BoT dont work that well together. without we are legion you waste the S5 shooting against vehicles and the BoT isnt that points efficient when shooting MEQs. Considder removing either and putting the points along with others from icons or BoT from the horrors to get a second herald.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post

Princes: Gaze and BoT dont work that well together. without we are legion you waste the S5 shooting against vehicles and the BoT isnt that points efficient when shooting MEQs. Considder removing either and putting the points along with others from icons or BoT from the horrors to get a second herald.
    How is BoT not effective at buying it's points back? You DS, fire it off once and kill a marine, and then do it one more time the turn before you charge. That's 30 pts right there. Or you roast a terminator and that's all you need. I think you're being too min/max ish here. WaL is a cool power, but it's also 30 more points that could go toward something else. Having a BoT is a great catch all as you can toast a vehicle or any trooper easily worth the cost of the power itself. More importantly, it has a 24" range, while DG only has 18". Those extra 6" can be vital on a bad scatter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, im sorry but i would have to agree...having BoT isn't really that bad, but its not that great either. Ya you shoot gaze...kill some then shoot BoT and hopefully kill one more...but Bolts real targets are tanks...so it doesnt fit perfectly.

Agian im not saying its bad, becuase yes you get to use gaze then zap a rine...but, is it worth it for 30 points? Iunno, its up to you if youve used that and found it good.

Also, as a side note...i would take BoT of your horrors..,THAT in my opionion isn't worth it.

Don't get mroe icons....your a tzeentch army...like the post above me said, you dont really need it.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

BoT is an excellent anti-tank option; since Daemon lists tend to lack reliable anti-tank, I would say keep it on your Daemon Princes. There's no replacement, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by MrKanx View Post
    No, im sorry but i would have to agree...having BoT isn't really that bad, but its not that great either. Ya you shoot gaze...kill some then shoot BoT and hopefully kill one more...but Bolts real targets are tanks...so it doesnt fit perfectly.

Agian im not saying its bad, becuase yes you get to use gaze then zap a rine...but, is it worth it for 30 points? Iunno, its up to you if youve used that and found it good.

Also, as a side note...i would take BoT of your horrors..,THAT in my opionion isn't worth it.

Don't get mroe icons....your a tzeentch army...like the post above me said, you dont really need it.
    Firstly, just because it is a tzeentch army doesn't mean he doesn't need icons. It is nice having some control over where your units go...

Also, BoT...is one of the only units in his list that can actually deal with tanks, him dropping it, means he loses one of the only ways he has to take care of tanks...yeah so some shots get wasted...but I would rather have the chance of a dead tank rather then none at all.

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

I agree that you should keep the BOT on the horrors, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

You never know what can happen in a game, maybe your horrors end up in a position to BOT the side of a nice juicy tank, would you regret giving them BOT then?
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast