Pure (impure?) nurgle 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure (impure?) nurgle 2000pts

So, with Epidemus being such an awesome basis for a nurgle list, and the fact that nurgle armies are fun to convert (not to mention cheap as chips, they can be anything!) I've thrown this together.

HQ: Epidemus 110pts

HQ: Herald of Nurgle, Palanquin, Noxious Touch, Breath of Chaos, Aura of decay 120pts

HQ: Ku'gath 300pts

Elites: Beast of Nurgle, Noxious Touch 45pts

Troops: 7 Plaguebearers 105pts

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Unholy Might, Aura of Decay, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Breath of Chaos, 265pts

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Unholy Might, Aura of Decay, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Breath of Chaos, 265pts

I realise the DP's are pretty pricey, but they should be worth their points I think. Ku'gath is too awesome to pass up, especially as he can increase the tally by around 5-8 a turn if he's lucky!

Also, it's a 49 model list (7X7)

Any thoughts?

If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, first off im trying to make a pure..or impure , nurlge army too so i like to see that another person is as well

Ok, your HQ's are good xept i would probably take away noxious touch from your herald, youll hopefuly get that for free with epidemius.

Your troops are nice i like the 7 squads...but you have no icons....at all, get at least 2 icons mabye even more. trust me they help. You dont wanna over do them though

Your DP's are hella hella expensive, holy crud...You might want to take off iron hide, and wings of them, ,and mabye unholy might. If you like wings alot, mabye try just 1 DP with wings, becuase all 3 with wings is a bit crazy.

Also, your beast...you only have 1 beast, now ive seen that beasts work well by themselves...but by that i mean in 1 man squads i dont mean 1 per army. If you going to field just 1 beast in a 2000 point game, its kinda worthless. And...you have noxious touch on him, yet agian you should get that for free from epidemius.

Whaaaaat? no nurglings? Come on man in a pure nurgle army you best have some nurglings. They are just too awsome for their own good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Epidemius - Mandatory
    Ku'Gath - Pricy but great.
    Herald - can you use breath of chaos and aura of decay in the same turn as they both count as shooting attacks? drop Noxious touch.

Elites: fine but drop nox

Troops: 2 or 3 icons are needed here. Also where is epidemius going to hide? Your whole army relys on the tally but the benefits evaporate if he dies and your opponent knows this. Merge 2 troops choices into a single unit of 14 and place Epidemius in it. That should keep him safe. Put a monsterous creature nearby as a babysitter too.

Heavy: Fun but inefficient. Each has 3 shooting attacks so drop aura of decay and the benefits of might should be replaced by noxious touch for free when the tally gets high enough. I would keep the wings as these guys in close combat are your main anti tank power so the extra speed is useful for tracking them down. Generally ignore vehicles if you can for the first few turns as getting the tally high enough is your first priority.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

ok all i'm gonna say is that your points are wrong with the princes and you put wings on twice. at the moment they cost 290 pts each. cut out the wings and gaze (they'll be in combat and shooting so decay and breath are all close up) and they'll drop down to 210 so you'll have 240 pts. take out noxious touch from the herald and beast so thats 260 pts left. next, add 2 icons to the plague bearers so thats 200 left. add two more 1 beast squads and a squad of 5 nurglings and you'll have 105 pts left. use the rest for whatever you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D'oh.... I've made some mistakes here obviously! Damn my maths.

The main problem from what's been said seems to be with the princes, I know they're hideously expensive. I'm quite keen to keep the wings on the princes, as they'll be the only thing with a reliable movement rate really. I think might is important on them too, as said, they're my main anti-tank and str6 +2d6 ap is not to be laughed at. Noxious touch does diddly versus tanks. My reasoning behind putting noxious touch on the things that had it was so that they could get the tally up in the first place, but i'm really counting on my DP's and ku'gath to do that.

Also, I'm trying to keep the model count at 49. Because papa nurgle might favour me this way or something. Anything to help my atrocious dice rolling. The nurglings are in a group of 5 as I can't stand to have units with points costs not ending in 5 or 0 if i can help it. OCD and warhammer are not always the best combination.

Nevertheless I'll try again:

HQ: Epidemus 110pts

HQ: Herald of Nurgle, Palanquin, Breath of Chaos, Chaos Icon 105pts

HQ: Ku'gath 300pts

Elites: Beast of Nurgle, 35pts

Troops: 14 Plaguebearers, Icon 235pts (Epidemus goes with these guys)

Troops: 7 Plaguebearers, Icon, 130pts

Troops: 14 Plaguebearers Icon 235pts

Troops: 5 Nurgling bases 65pts

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Unholy Might, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Breath of Chaos, Cloud of flies 275pts

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Unholy Might, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Aura of decay, Cloud of flies 265pts

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Unholy Might, Iron Hide, Aura of Decay, Daemonic Gaze 200pts

The princes are still overpriced but I can't see anything I'd like to drop really! Cloud of flies was an afterthought though I think it'll be useful.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Loose the icon on the herald. He will have to join a unit of plague bearers for his own survival so drop the redundant Icon.

Elites: Super

Troops: Perfect

Heavy: You cannot have gaze and breath of chaos on the same model unless you have MoT. Gaze and aura of decay are probably your best bet but I would keep the princes cheap with just MoN, Gaze and armoured hide. It would leave you many points for 18 (ish) more nurgling bases.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread