All Gods Daemon Army (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Gods Daemon Army (1500)

I've been playing with demons for a while, and I really love them, they have lots of chracter, there powerful and their new (which after playing space wolves I'm really glad on)

So I've developed this List, I have played about 4 battles using reprasentative models, to get a feel for whats what. This is what I have come up with:

HQ

Herald of Slaanesh w/Chariot, Soporifix Musk, Pavane of Slaanesh, Unholy Might, Chaos Icon
    -135pts

Elite

6xFlamers - Bold of Tzeentch

3xBloodcrushers - Fury of Khorne, Chaos Icon

Troops

10xBloodletters - Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos

10xPink Horrors - Changeling, Bolt of Tzeentch

5xPlaguebearers - Chaos Icon, Noxious Touch

Heavy

Daemon Prince - Mark of Khorne, Unholy Might, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight

Total -1000pts

Here's how I plan to deploy them:

Demonic Assault: Herald of Slaanesh, Pink Horrors, 2xPlaguebearers

Reserve: 2xBloodcrushers, Bloodletters, Daemon Prince, Flamers

Now for a Few Comments, I have found that Plaguebearers are a life saver, as they can last for ages in combat, in one battle they tied up some devastators for me, for all but the last turn, and even though I lost that battle, it wasn't a compelte lost as all his devastators killed was my plaguebearers,

Bloodletters have lots of potential, though I have only used them in one game, where they got completely wiped out, I can see them on the charge, an incredible force, with there hellblades and relative cost.

Bloodcrushers look awesome, and they perform awesomly, I have only used these once, but they did perform, and on the charge were devastating, but they got tied up, so I decided to have two squads of 3 instead of one squad of 5.

Pink Horrors have yet to let me down, they are a solid firebase, guaranteed to get destryed later on in the game, but they have wiped out several squads to nothing (really useful against eldar). Bolt of Tzeentch is a must as Daemons lack anti tank.

I haven't tried a herald of slaanesh, but i have tried a herald of tzeentch and he didn't cut the role of surviving the combat, so I opted for a more survivable choice, and this guy does seem awesome at first look. I'm gonna try him out in my next battle, hoepfully some time this weekend.

Daemon Princes are a godsend, there cheapish for what they bring. I did have a shooty one before, wh did moderate damage against things like eldar, but after playing marines, and other games, I found he got killed to quickly, so I opted for more of a single monster killing machne in combat

So yeh, daemons are great imo, they have a great versatality in their lists, and I have several lying around that I want to try out, but I got a feeling about this one, and I would like some external opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, the list over all looks pretty effecteive though do you think 6 icons is neccesary?
    Also you might want to maybe take out 1 or 2 of the icons and halve the size of your flamers to get a DP with MoT and BoT, even though as you say that he has been taken out before quickly with the other daemon prince usually scaring the other enemy into attacking "the big guy with wings and WS 7" you should be able to easily earn you points back with the shooting DP as a tank killer.

This is just my opinion but if you don't think he is nessecary then you don't need to because your list is pretty well done and balanced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ

Herald of Slaanesh w/Chariot, Soporifix Musk, Pavane of Slaanesh, Unholy Might, Chaos Icon
    -135pts

This is nice.

Elite

Nothing to say here.

Troops

Also nice here.

Heavy

Drop the flight, you are deep striking him anyway so no need for it. Also I think you might need another one. 1500 there will be plenty on tanks depending on who you are playing. Would be wise to invest in more ways to take care of them.

Total -1000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomrob View Post
    I've been playing with demons for a while, and I really love them, they have lots of chracter, there powerful and their new (which after playing space wolves I'm really glad on)
    Agreed, it's a fun army with awesome models and you can use them in Fantasy. What's not to love?

-135pts
    First off, you can only have 3 options, you took 4. I'd drop Pavane, as she should be fleeting every turn anyway. Also, T4 and a 4+ save isn't all that tough, so you could leave the Icon at home too.

Mmmm...Flamers

Fury of Khorne is a waste of points, everything else is good.

I think you have enough Icons, get more Daemons!

Solid shooting, though I prefer to take smaller units (less chance of scatter in the 1st wave, can be used to pad out your waves, more BoTs, and you can pick multiple targets.

Noxious Touch isn't worth it with only 1 attack, get more PBs. Go for 7 minimum.

You might as well get a Bloodthirster, it's better. DPs don't need wings as much if your entire army DSes. I prefer a shooty Tzeentch DP or Nurgle+Noxious Touch. T5 kinda sucks.

Demonic Assault: Herald of Slaanesh, Pink Horrors, 2xPlaguebearers

Reserve: 2xBloodcrushers, Bloodletters, Daemon Prince, Flamers
    I dunno, that seems like a pretty weedy first wave. Maybe swap the Herald with Flamers to boost your shooting and "clear a landing zone" for the rest. That way your first wave is concerned with making an opening and getting their friends in safely. If the 2nd wave comes in, you deploy to set up charges and bring in the dakka/objective holders to thin the ranks and take pressure of your choppy units.

Now for a Few Comments, I have found that Plaguebearers are a life saver, as they can last for ages in combat, in one battle they tied up some devastators for me, for all but the last turn, and even though I lost that battle, it wasn't a compelte lost as all his devastators killed was my plaguebearers,
    They are very resilient (great for icons and objectives), though I think 5 per unit is too few.

Bloodletters have lots of potential, though I have only used them in one game, where they got completely wiped out, I can see them on the charge, an incredible force, with there hellblades and relative cost.
    They bend marines over and violate them in an unimaginably graphic fashion, but T4 and a 5++ only goes so far. They work best mopping up assault in progress. Tie the enemy down with speedy units like Daemonettes, Flesh Hounds, Seekers, and Furies and bring in the 'letters to finish the job.

Bloodcrushers look awesome, and they perform awesomly, I have only used these once, but they did perform, and on the charge were devastating, but they got tied up, so I decided to have two squads of 3 instead of one squad of 5.
    They hit like most MCs, so smaller units will help them get into more fights. Use them to break big baddies like MCs, tanks, Dreads, and marines. Their biggest downfall is their lack of speed, infantry movement kills them. Also, T5 isn't all that awesome, ==My== Bloodcrushers fear bolters more than anything else.

Pink Horrors have yet to let me down, they are a solid firebase, guaranteed to get destryed later on in the game, but they have wiped out several squads to nothing (really useful against eldar). Bolt of Tzeentch is a must as Daemons lack anti tank.
    Agreed, Horrors are solid shooters. Multiple smaller units eats up Troops slots, but lets you get off more Bolts and can let you wipe multiple targets.

I haven't tried a herald of slaanesh, but i have tried a herald of tzeentch and he didn't cut the role of surviving the combat, so I opted for a more survivable choice, and this guy does seem awesome at first look. I'm gonna try him out in my next battle, hoepfully some time this weekend.
    HoT shouldn't be in combat, stick him with a unit of Horrors and shoot. Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, We Are Legion, and Master of Sorcery are all the gifts he needs. Gaze helps kill marines, which Horrors struggle with, and a BS4 Bolt at a seperate target helps with tanks. The HoS is not very tough with T4 and only a 4+ save, plus she isn't an independent character so misses out on a unit to hide in. And with only S4, she isn't all that hot in assault, especially with the looming nerf to rending.

Daemon Princes are a godsend, there cheapish for what they bring. I did have a shooty one before, wh did moderate damage against things like eldar, but after playing marines, and other games, I found he got killed to quickly, so I opted for more of a single monster killing machne in combat
    The best shooty Prince is Tzeentchy with Bolt of Change and Iron Hide (Gaze if you have the points, no point in wasting an available weapon). A BS5 bolt is some surprisingly reliable AT, and T5 3+/4++ is nothing to sneeze at. Also, a Pavane Prince would do quite well if not for the T5 and 5++. DPs are good, but pretty expensive and not too tough unless you go Nurgle or Tzeentch.

So yeh, daemons are great imo, they have a great versatality in their lists, and I have several lying around that I want to try out, but I got a feeling about this one, and I would like some external opinions.
    Your biggest problem will be tanks, but what else is new. Speedy is also a factor, your fastest units are a fairly fragile DP, fragile Herald, and shooters, while everything else slogs at infantry speed. You need speed to tie down fast units for your Khorne stuff to munch on and to compensate for bad scatters. Seekers, Daemonettes and Flesh Hounds, Furies in a pinch, do this very well. They won't kill as much as Bloodletters, but their speed lets them get stuck in faster and keep the slow stuff from getting shot up. Also, you may have spent too much on icons, you really only need 1 or 2 per wave, that extra 50-75 could buy you a whole new unit (Flesh Hounds?) or reinforce your existing ones (Plaguebearers).

Well that was a friggin' epic, hope you got this far and good luck to ya.
    Last edited by ==Me==; June 13th, 2008 at 07:35. Reason: quote tags, might need them
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread