1850 Blood Wolves of Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

1850 Blood Wolves of Khorne

Here's a quick summary of my army fluff.
    They were once Space Wolves. However, they fell victim to their love of battle and bloodshed, and took off into the Eye of Terror to seek out Leman Russ and the 13th Company, to join them in battle. However, inside the EoT, they quickly caught the eye of Khorne. Slowly, the army turned more and more toward Khorne...

Army List
    HQ
    Kharn the Betrayer
    I'm currently working on writing up some fluff for this. I'm going to have him down under another name, and re-create Kharn's standard rules to fit that of a Traitor Space Wolf Commander. For all game purposes, he's Kharn, but for Fluff Purposes, he's not...

Elites
    5 Terminators
    w/ 3 Power Fists, 3 Combi-Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Icon of Khorne
    I'm not sure why, but I don't like this unit. I think it's the Combi-Weapons. For the most part, I've been using them as Combi-Plasma, but I'm wondering if I should try Combi-Flamers. I usually DS them in next to Kharn, right before he Assaults. Use the Terminators Flamers to weed out the enemy, then have Kharn rush in while the Terminators look for something else to fight (Kharn has a habit of hitting them).

Troops
    8 Berzerkers
    w/ Champion (with Power Fist)
    In a Rhino

8 Berzerkers
    In a Rhino

8 Berzerkers
    In a Rhino
    These represent the Space Wolves that have turned to Khorne. Again, for game purposes I wanted to use something that I could walk right up and start playing with, instead of having to give my opponent a lecture on my "changes".

Fast Attack
    8 Raptors
    w/ Champion (with Twin Lightning Claws), 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Khorne
    This unit is my one real Multi-Purpose unit. It can either go out and hunt vehicles (if my enemy has a lot), I can go after a Monsterous Creature or big HQ (using the Meltas, then the Claws + # of attacks), or I can run them up and initiate HTH with whatever and try to block some shooting.

Heavy Support
    Land Raider
    This either serves as a Transport for my Terminators (if no Deep Striking is allowed), or as my main Big Gun going after Tanks (since it can stand up to the most fire)

Predator
    w/ Twin Linked Lascannon, Side Sponson Heavy Bolters

Predator
    w/ Twin Linked Lascannon, Side Sponson Heavy Bolters
    These two guys are my back up Armor Killers, or Monster Hunters. I gave them Heavy Bolters in case I come up on a Swarm army, as I know my biggest lack is my low amount of shooting.

Totals
    Points - 1850 Infantry - 38 Vehicles - 6

I'm currently working on the fluff aspect of this army, as well as fine tuning it. I welcome any suggestions, so long as they will stick to my fluff. I do not want to use any Daemons at this time, and would prefer not to have to buy much more (I'm still trying to paint all these guys, as I bought them almost at once). And yes, I am working on giving all my troops Green Stuff wolf pelts and tails. If anyone has any spare Space Wolf bits, PM me. I've also been considering taking a Leman Russ and either converting it to have the weapons of a Predator, or seeing if I can get the opponent to allow it as a Russ, seeing as how Space Wolves still keep a few Russes around, and I love those things.

Last edited by The Doctor; July 16th, 2008 at 02:46.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I don't have any suggestions except maybe to drop a powerfist from the terminators for another 2 more combi weapons and stick the flamer on the powerfister. Other then that solid list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I was thinking about that, to get more Bang into that unit.
    However, with the rumored 5th Edition rule for randomizing wounds, I think I'm going to keep the Fists. I am, however, trying to figure out how to get 4 Fists and 4 Combi weapons. As it is now, I've got 3 of each.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I'm now thinking of switching the Raptor Champions Fist/Pistol with two Lightning Claws.

Since you now only get the bonus attack if you have two Fists, would it be better to strike at initiative and re-roll a wound (Which could be a 5 or 6), or Strike last, lose an attack, and hit it harder (but no re-roll if you still fail).

+ Reply to Thread