Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Heyo all, well about a year ago I took a break from 40k. I come back and what do I get? A new codex and about 500 points of Alpha Marine Cultists and Daemons that are unusable. I guess I was lucky that I only lost ~500 pts. Anyway, I decided to rebuild my whole army from scratch so here it is:
Chaos Terminators x4
Power Fist x4
Chosen Chaos Space Marines x10
Icon of Nurgle
Plasma Gun x5
Khorn Berzerkers x10
Chaos Space Marines x9
Well, there's my 1k army. 34 Foot Soldiers frightens me, sounds a little low on numbers and everyone got very expensive very fast.
How I would like to play this is that I infiltrate my chosen and try to get them into cover as quick as I can.
With my chosen 12-18" from the enemy I would drop my terminators down 6" away from them closer to the enemy.
I'm not too worried about tanks too much; I can always take out the plasma guns in my chosen group for meltas if the combi weapons won't be enough.
I have a couple questions though...
1) Are all combi weapons equal in cost? So could a switch out a combi-melta for a combi-plasma gun?
2) I’m under the impression that my chosen can carry 5 plasma guns, is this correct?
3) I used to have my CSM very close combat oriented, so I couldn't stay away from some Berzerkers. I always used infiltrate to get my CC unites up to the front lines, now I have to use this Rhino I've never touched before. I know though that any tank, Rhino to Land Raider, is usually targeted first. Is there any other way to get Berzerkers in Assault range or do I have to take my chances with a Rhino?
Comments and Criticism are very welcomed.
I think that is everything, I hope it is. Sorry this is so long.
2) you are correct, one is listed in the section with the heavy weapons, and the additional four are listed with the other weapons choices
3) a land raider would be your only other option, which wouldn't be a wise choice at 1000 points, foot slogging it would be the best bet, or give your chosen the IoK instead and infiltrate them in as you used to
Well thats my two cents, hope i helped you in some way, any questions feel free to ask
Back in the zone!
Hrmm, You are right, striking at 1 I is sort of a waste when the lord is normally at 5. Okay, let's see.
Okay I'll drop the first (thank god I posted this b/c I was about to glue him together)
What about a Daemon weapon for his CC weapon, they sound nice. Or are they not worth it?
Bringing this group down to 7 sounds good, also means I don't have to get too many extra models, I have 6 lying around so I just need to get the icon.
Okay, now about my toops...
Don't know what I'll do with my normal CSMs, depends how many points I have left by the time I figure out what the rest of my army might look like.
I was looking at Plauge Marines and they look fantastic. But, what about Thousand Sons? They look a little more risiliant w/ the +4 inv save, I've never played with guys with a mark other than Undivided so I have no clue what is good or not.
If Thousand Sons are viable then what should The Aspiring Sorcerer's power be, I think doombolt would be fine but i really don't know.
Last edited by Ramzin; June 19th, 2008 at 00:36. Reason: spelling