1500 point Undivided 4th ed tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point Undivided 4th ed tourney

I'm attending my first 40k tournament, which will also be my last one playing in 4th edition...as its on July 12th. This is a slight change up from what i play with against my friends, and i was wondering if it will be versatile enough to use at a tournament. Typically i have plasma/launcher in the troop squads and a third Obliterator instead of the havocs. And two squads of three terminators, each with a reaper.

Im a little worried about my anti-horde capability. I'm not sure how i would fare against orks or an infantry heavy tyranid list, tournament seems to be mostly MEQ types though, with some IG.

Any feedback would be appreciated, i'm looking to be competitive without totally laming out my army. Thanks in advance!

---------------------

HQ
    Deamon Prince – 155
    Mark of Slannesh
    Wings
    Lash of Submission

Greater Demon - 100

Elites
    10 Chosen - 240
    Champion
    4x Melta
    Icon of Chaos Glory

5 Terminators - 210
    Champion w/ Dual lightning claws
    Reaper Autocannon, Chainfist

Troops
    10 Marines - 255
    Champion w/ Powerfist
    2xPlasma Gun
    Rhino

10 Marines - 255
    Champion w/ Powerfist
    2xPlasma Gun
    Rhino

Heavy Support

1 Obliterator - 75

1 Obliterator -75

6 Havocs
    Champion
    2x Missile launcher

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

*just my 2 cents on a few things.

---------------------

HQ
    Deamon Prince – 155
    Mark of Slannesh
    Wings
    Lash of Submission
    (No surprise, awesome HQ)

Greater Demon - 100
    (For 35 points more you can get a DP with wings and +1 initiative and who doesnt have to get summoned - so at least another 15 points saved)

Elites
    10 Chosen - 240
    Champion
    4x Melta
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    (I use these sometimes in squads of 5 with meltas - people ignore them more! Here you are paying 3 points extra per model for basically nothing (except 2 extra meltas)). I understand these are prolly to summon your GD but see above comments

5 Terminators - 210
    Champion w/ Dual lightning claws
    Reaper Autocannon, Chainfist
    Choose something for these guys to do - at the moment this is a very expensive unit that doesn't excel at anything. If going CC use Hvy Flamer IMO. Chainfist is nice but only if they going tank hunting. If they are, give them all combi meltas. This unit if far too expensive for what it does IMO.

Troops
    10 Marines - 255
    Champion w/ Powerfist
    2xPlasma Gun
    Rhino
    FIne but I much prefer cult marines. 8 Plague marines can do everything these guy can do and much, much more.

10 Marines - 255
    Champion w/ Powerfist
    2xPlasma Gun
    Rhino
    See above... get some berserkers for muchos fun///

Heavy Support

1 Obliterator - 75

1 Obliterator -75

6 Havocs
    Champion
    2x Missile launcher[/quote]

2 Missile launchers? Get 4 if you're gonna get any... CHampion is not very necessary (most of the time) here IMO.

So Overall some good stuff but I personally now use cult marines. They are a little more expensive but excel at their particular tasks. Your chosen and terminators are too expensive...

On a final note, unless you are very careful, your rhinos will be shot to pieces early on as they are your only piece of armour. This is possible to counter (i actually only use 2 rhinos usually) but you need to be extremely careful with your use of cover and firing lanes. Usually, I will disembark at the end of turn 1 movement and use the rhino as a mobile wall. In current edition, if they get destroyed it is not good
    Last edited by WingWong; June 23rd, 2008 at 13:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice! My personal preference is for the traditional CSM's as troop choices, i've found they work well, and you get more bodies for your points than the cult ones. Also i don't have another daemon prince to replace the greater daemon, so unfortunately that isn't an option.

Aside from that i found your advice very helpful, your definitely right that my elites choices are indivudally very points heavy. with this in mind i'm thinking ill drop the terminator squad down to 3, with the reaper and chainfist still. I find that style of squad to be quite flexible, can kill light vehicles at range, heavy vehicles in CC and armored troops quite efficiently. that frees up 80 points.

elites will look like this now

5 Chosen - 125
    champion w/ powersword
    2x meltagun

5 Chosen - 125
    champion w/ powersword
    2x meltagun

3 Terminators - 130
    Reaper
    Chainfist

And another 40 points for 2 autocannons in the havoc squad. i think this squad could be reasonably versatile at killing vehicles and troops. im not sure if 4 heavy weapons with 6 men is a good idea though. also im slightly loathe to mix weapons.

6 havocs, 2 missile launcher, 2 autocannon. - 185

This leaves 25 points....i am thinking two icons of chaos glory, should they go to the chosen or to the troops?

Do you think i have the ability to fight armies with large numbers of cheap troops? i am pretty confident in my anti-meq/tank ability, but not so much about the other.
    Last edited by Alkuan; June 24th, 2008 at 00:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for cult vs csm, it depends what you're using them for. Plague Marines technically have more members ultimately as they are so hard to kill if they're used right.

I sometimes use 2 squads of havoks... If I do it's MLs in one and HBs in the other all the way to deal with orse armies.

TBH MLs, with the template *can* hit just as many models than a HB usually (at least 1+2 4+'s). And yes, I hardly ever mix weapons.... I would probably try to take 8 for the havok sqd with 4 weapons. and MLs can still take out armour 14 if you're lucky

Terminators and chosen looking much better... I find terminator units should be either small, throw away with a chance of doing good or a big and nasty pointsink...
    Fantasy Armies:

Empire

Skaven

High Elves

Dwarfs

(Ex) Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for cult vs csm, it depends what you're using them for. Plague Marines technically have more members ultimately as they are so hard to kill if they're used right.

I sometimes use 2 squads of havoks... If I do it's MLs in one and HBs in the other all the way to deal with orse armies.

TBH MLs, with the template *can* hit just as many models than a HB usually (at least 1+2 4+'s). And yes, I hardly ever mix weapons.... I would probably try to take 8 for the havok sqd with 4 weapons. and MLs can still take out armour 14 if you're lucky

Terminators and chosen looking much better... I find terminator units should be either small, throw away with a chance of doing good or a big and nasty pointsink...

You other option of course is taking a vindicator and hiding it till you need it or it's relatively safe. They are fun but, like the rhinos, you will have to be awful careful
    Fantasy Armies:

Empire

Skaven

High Elves

Dwarfs

(Ex) Chaos

+ Reply to Thread