1750 5E Mech Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

1750 5E Mech Tourney

Hello all! Over the next few weeks this is the force that I will be finishing assembling and painting. If you have any comments / concerns with the list now is the time to bring them up. Thanks!

HQ:

DP w/ MoT + wings + Doombolt + Warptime
    185 pts

Troops:

10x marines, IoCG, 2x plasma guns, champion w/ fist + rhino
    265 pts

10x marines, IoCG, 2x plasma guns, champion w/ fist + rhino
    265 pts

10x plague marines, 2x plasma guns, champion w/ fist + rhino
    335 pts

8x noise marines, 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster + rhino w/ combi melta
    280 pts

Heavy Support:

Vindicator w/ daemonic possession
    145 pts

Vindicator w/ daemonic possession
    145 pts

Predator w/ AC + LC Sponsons
    130 pts

Total:
    1750 pts
    38 marines, 1 MC, 7 pieces of armor

Thanks!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

This list is poop.

Poopy poop.

I've never seen so much poop in one poopy place.

poop poop poop.

Man, this list is solid. Maybe a tad boring, but you don't win a tournament from style. :p Personally I'd run the squads a tad lighter and pick up some chosen to do melta-scare. (6 chosen, 3 melta's, or maybe 5/2 split for 5th ed)
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

DP is a tougher choice now for vindicators IMO, although a couple inches may not make too much of a difference (So i've heard )

Other than that, solid tourny list ..

My only slight concern with this list is your lack of long range anti-tank. Mech guard army could hurt (but dont they always). Your army is an awesome mid range army but I would perhaps have a little more long range stuff to protect/draw fire for turn 1 & 2.

DSing Oblits would be nice but that would mean losing something. 2 vindicators is nassssty.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Just a few suggestions:

- Doombolt is a horrible DP power. Give it winds of Chaos for some template death or just warptime if you don't have the points.

- I'd make at least one or more of your regular CSM squads equipped with meltaguns as surprisingly you do not have alot of anti-tank
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Personally I'd run the squads a tad lighter and pick up some chosen to do melta-scare. (6 chosen, 3 melta's, or maybe 5/2 split for 5th ed)
    Interesting idea... I may consider it.

DP is a tougher choice now for vindicators IMO, although a couple inches may not make too much of a difference (So i've heard )
    Well, I wouldn't call it a tough choice. With or without DP Ordnance is getting more accurate and the DP makes the Vindis tough as nails.

My only slight concern with this list is your lack of long range anti-tank. Mech guard army could hurt (but dont they always). Your army is an awesome mid range army but I would perhaps have a little more long range stuff to protect/draw fire for turn 1 & 2.

DSing Oblits would be nice but that would mean losing something. 2 vindicators is nassssty.
    DSing oblits would not give me first turn AT either. At the moment the AT pred will have to be enough until I can park my rhinos and bottle up the armor for the vindis to take care of.

Doombolt is a horrible DP power. Give it winds of Chaos for some template death or just warptime if you don't have the points.
    Is this a joke? Coupled with warptime Doombolt means 3 nearly assured kills vs. MEQs.

Doombolt is a horrible DP power. Give it winds of Chaos for some template death or just warptime if you don't have the points.
    I have been thinking about this and going back and forth about it. My reasoning was that with lobbing demolisher cannon shots at short ranged I didn't want to catch my own men in the blast. I think I will go with the meltas after all.

Here is an updated list for consideration:

HQ:

DP w/ MoS + Wings + Lash
    155 pts

Elites:

Dread w/ Dual DCCW + heavy flamer
    105 pts

Troops:

10x marines, IoCG, 2x meltas, champ w/ fist + rhino
    255 pts

10x marines, IoCG, 2x meltas, champ w/ fist + rhino
    255 pts

8x plague marines, 2x plasma guns, champ w/ fist + rhino
    289 pts

8x noise marines, 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster + rhino
    270 pts

Heavy Support:

Vindicator w/ Daemonic Possession
    145 pts

Vindicator w/ Daemonic Possession
    145 pts

Predator w/ AC + LC Sponsons
    130 pts

Total:
    1749 pts
    36 marines, 1 MC, 8 pieces of armor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

This last list is very nice. But I would try to find 44 pts (1 Plague Marine and 1 Noise Marine come to mind) and change the Dread for an Karmoon Special.
    Fluffier Plague Marine squad (they can handle it, you're only after the 2 plasmaguns), and very good termie unit. Also, I think that the Dread will do nothing except walking the first 2 rounds, kill your own guys and then get fisted, or just bogged down by swarms. The termies pack almost the same punch with the fist, got a heavy flamer and lots of p-weapon attacks, and dont forget the combi-plasmas. And they teleport, don't walk (thats a good thing, shooting rear armour with plasma).
    Do you really need the Blastmaster? That's a lot of points... could be spent on 2 Havoc Launchers and 10 pts to spare. That makes the Noice Marines less attractive, more AT attention to your rhinos (= less attentions to the Vindies and Pred)
    Otherwise, the list's a killer.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; June 24th, 2008 at 23:33.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

But I would try to find 44 pts (1 Plague Marine and 1 Noise Marine come to mind) and change the Dread for an Karmoon Special.
    It would be nice but I am not prepared to drop those squads any lower. The difference between 7 and 8 men is that with 8 the enemy needs to kill 5 to make them non scoring.

Also, I think that the Dread will do nothing except walking the first 2 rounds, kill your own guys and then get fisted, or just bogged down by swarms.
    5th edition means the "run" rule gets put into effect and imo nothing is getting boosted by this more than dual DCCW dreads. Sure he could get fisted but as far as swarms are concerned he would be insta killing bases.

Do you really need the Blastmaster? That's a lot of points... could be spent on 2 Havoc Launchers and 10 pts to spare. That makes the Noice Marines less attractive, more AT attention to your rhinos (= less attentions to the Vindies and Pred)
    As far as the blastmaster is concerned... in short, yes I need it. Especially with the new rules for blast weapons. One hit against marines will make more than its points cost back. Also I am not a fan of Havoc launchers or really anything on my rhinos.

I am going to consider some fine tuning today and post an updated list tonight.

+ Reply to Thread