1500 pts new army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts new army list

yo i've been playin tau for the last couple of years but now i'm sick of not getin stuck in there and gettin my hands dirty

so i've decided to go chaos demons becuase they are dirty and evil bought a dex and after flit through i've quickly put together this army list which i think is fairly balanced but is very close combat orientated. i've taken five troop choices as in the new rules they are pimp but i've tried to sneak a few faster and heavier units in there too any feedback would be much appreciated cheers .

1 bloodthirster

1 skulltaker on juggernaught

1 Masque

3 squads of 10 bloodletters

2 squads of 5 plaguebearers with icons

2 squads of 2 fiends

1 sould grinder with either phlegm or tongue dpening on who i am fighting

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take out 1 or 2 of your HQs, you'll need less of them and more other stuff. Also the sould grinder will just be cannon fodder if you put it out there by itself so you might want to field a Daemon Prince or 2 with MoT and BoT, its slightly cheaper and with 4 wounds, more effective
    KHORNE, when life gives you lemons - Blood for the Blood GOD!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay so which hq would you lose i'm keen on the bloodthirster cause he fast big has wounds and looks ace. so who do i need less skulltaker or masque (I think both are very good for the points cost). also i'm n ot 100% sure about four fiends is that too many or could i drop two in favour of something more shooty? I like the idea of a deamon prince but what is that makes him more effective than a soul grinder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on you're facing really, the skulltaker is going to be more useful against elites and iirc vehicles while the masque will be helpful if you want your people in or out combat as soon as possible

also the fiends can be helpful though you might want to drop one and make them three different squads or 1 big one depending on your play-style. Then use the points to give whichever PB squad your sending in first 2 more units.

The Dp is better because it has 4 wounds(again iirc), 2+ to hit with ranged attacks, and is less of a giant beacon saying shoot me on turn one. Where as the SGcan go down to one lucky hit, will give tanks something to shoot at that they can easily take down, and has a 4+ to hit.
    KHORNE, when life gives you lemons - Blood for the Blood GOD!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

The Masque's biggest disadvantage is not being an IC, so she drops by herself, scatters by herself, and cannot hide in a unit of Daemonettes. She'll get off a Pavane or two before eating bolters, T3 and 2W only goes so far.

Skulltaker is great, even with the nerf to rending he's a monster.

BT looks solid, but on its own 1 MC isn't going to last very long. The SG is a good way to take the heat off of him, and in 5th it gets much more resilient (plus we'll be seeing less anti-tank weaponry overall). DPs are also good, but they get pretty pricy and aren't too tough unless kitted out properly. I like a Tzeentch DP with Iron Hide, Bolt and Gaze (add in Breath and Master of Sorc if I'm feeling spendy), 3+/4++, 4W, and BS5 are very handy. A Nurgly DP with Iron Hide, Gaze, Cloud, and Touch is also brutal and tough.

Fiends are awesome, they can tie down tougher enemies while the BL move in for the kill and end up more resilient than normal Daemonettes.

Letters are the primarily killer unit in such an army, but they'll die to concentrated fire. If you want to save points you can drop down to 8 (Khorne's favored number and all that) and still be very effective. Their speed is also a problem, so try to use speedier units to hold the enemy in place while they mop up.

Plaguebearers are ideal icon holders, but you might want to toughen up those units. 7 is good.

Overall, looks like a solid list. I'm surprised by the lack of Horrors/Flamers, but it could work if you get into HtH fast enough. Your biggest problem will be catching speedy enemies and tanks, so you may want to invest in some fast units (seekers, dogs, fiends) and tank busters (Tzeentch DP, min Horrors w/ bolt, Screamers).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so i've had another look and decided to jig it about about

hq

Keeper of seekers /unholy might / instrument of chaos

skulltaker on juggernaught

masque

troops

bloodletters 3 squads of 8

plaque bearers 2 squads of 7 with icons

elites

fiends two squads of two

flamers one squad of five

fast attack

hounds 5

karanak

the only problem here might be killin cehicles but eh falmers seem pretty good for this glancing easily and they are quick
    maybe keep the bloodthirster in instead of the keep and drop units elswhere?

I'm very keen on the masque for the pavane its a game swinger for an army like thsi in my opinion

+ Reply to Thread