Mech CSM - 1500 pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Mech CSM - 1500 pts.

Hello there!

Please, comment on this competetive csm mech list if you like.

1 Daemon Prince
    - Wings
    - MoS
    - Lash of Submission

1 Summoned Greater Daemon

255 pts

10 Chaos Space Marines
    - 2 Plasmaguns
    - IoCG
    - AC: Power Fist
    - Trans: Rhino (Extra Armor)

270 pts

10 Chaos Space Marines
    - 2 Flamer
    - IoCG
    - AC: no extras

235 pts

10 Khorne Berzerkers
    - SC: Power Fist

300 pts

3 Vindicators
    - Daemonic Possession

435 pts

= 1495 pts

+5 pts for odd equipment.

Against all enemies. 5th edition.

Straightforward mech list. Rhinos and Vindis to shield each other. Shoot & drive or shoot & melee, whatever appropriate. AC in second CSM squad acts as host for the Greater Daemon, but it can be called to the other one if need be.

Apparent weakness is the lack of long range at weaponry, could be remedied by removing one Vindi for a Pred, but I am very fond of the Vindi indeed.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by mossflower; July 11th, 2008 at 16:11.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

41 (x1)

Hey there! Welcome to LO!

That list looks pretty solid to me, I love the concept of 3 vinicators. Against horde armies you can hold back and whittle them down before launching a counter charge with the berzerkers. Against shooty armies you can rush forward in your rhinos, and use the vindy's for support.

The lack of range wont be a problem provided you move into position on the first turn, and you can always lash units forward to get them in range.

Good stuff!

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    I'm on a boat!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

43 (x3)

Oh look, a Winged Prince with Lash...
    (Now that that's out of the way)

The list looks good. I'd say add at least one Pred, but you're fully aware of your lack of range.
    So long as you play in to that, you can make up for it with good movement and deployment. Demonic Possession is a good choice, since it will keep you moving.

I might suggest changing the Skull Champion's Fist to a plain old Power Weapon.
    You have other vessels in your army for Fists, so go ahead and use the SC's Furious Charge rule and get some more kills in before the enemy can hit back. Doing that will give you 15 extra points (when counting your current 5 extra), so you can put a Power Weapon on the blank Champion, letting him do some damage in case the Greater Daemon is running late.

Or you can put Melta Guns in for the Flamers. But I'd put them with the Fist Champion, and they can then be your "Big Thing" hunters. The Meltas will punch through any Armor Saves, and on some models may even cause Instant Death (Like Chaos Lords...). If they have any wounds left, the Fist can then charge in and punch some faces. Meanwhile, the Plasma Guns can weaken whatever, then you can bring in the Greater Daemon to finish things off.

Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

+ Reply to Thread