1000pts beserkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts beserkers

i posted a list last month, i have tweaked it a little bit to include icons for daemon summoning
    Here is the new list :-

Chaos lord W/ jump Pack@170pts
    MoK, Bolt Pistol, DaemonWeapon, Melta Bombs, Personal Icon

6xRaptors@180pts Retinue For Lord
    IoK, 2xPlasma Pistol

6xBezerkers W/Rhino@246pts
    IoK, 2xPlasma Pistol, Personal Icon
    Skull Champion
    Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs

6xBezerkers W/Rhino@246pts
    IoK, 2xPlasma Pistol, Personal Icon
    Skull Champion
    Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs

6x Lesser Deamons@78pts
    6x Lesser Daemons@78pts

Total - 998Pts

this list will be used on tuesday to play at my local GW against an employee, so im not hoping for much.

I would also appreciate any ideas on an extra 500pts to make the army a bit more dynamic, i have a few ideas but i would like to hear some views

P.S click here to look at some photos

Last edited by halosghost; July 13th, 2008 at 22:48. Reason: wanted to add a link to some photos

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the Lesser daemons for a greater one, and I don't think Berzerkers can take a IoK, just the personal one.But that's just my opinion, the lesser daemons are not very efective :/

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

That is correct. Berzerkers cannot take the Icon of Khorne, as they already have the Mark of Khorne included in their profile (and Icons are not an option).

Also, I believe you've made a math error somewhere.
    Counting 6 Berzerkers with 2 Plasma Pistols, then the Skull Champion (taken from the 6), his Fist, Plasma, Bombs, and Icon, plus the Rhino, I come to 256. That's if the Skull Champion is from the original 6.

Correcting that, and adding the Lord and Raptors, you have 862 points.
    I'd leave off the Lesser Daemons. There are far better things you can field for the 138 points you have left.

A Predator with Twin Linked Lascannon Turret and Heavy Bolter Side Sponsons is 135, keeping you just under at 997 total. The Predator will deal with any armor your opponent brings, as well as any units with it's Heavy Bolters. Though it may also be a fire magnet, depending on your opponents set up.

A Vindicator with Combi-Weapon would work well against an Infantry heavy army. Also 135 points.

You can also try 5 Havocs with 3 Autocannons. Good against light to medium armor, and also good against infantry heavy armies with it's Heavy 2. This would also be 135 points.

Or a Dreadnought with Twin Linked Autocannons and Extra Armor. 125 points.

As for boosting it to 1500 points, you'll definately need ranged Anti-Armor. Predators (like the one above) are good for that, as well as Obliterators. You could also add Terminators for that extra punch.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

+ Reply to Thread