1000pts Slan / Nurgle 5th edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Goldcoast QLD Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

1000pts Slan / Nurgle 5th edition

I'm trying to make a strong list but not really a tournament list. So far I've changed it again to this.

DP w/ MoS + wings + Lash
    155 pts

Dread w/ extra DCCW + Heavy flamer
    105 pts

4x termis, 3x combi plas, 1x heavy flamer + power fist
    150 pts

8x marines, IoCG, 1x melta, combi melta + Rhino
    185 pts

8x plague marines, 2x plasma, PC w/ Fist
    254 pts

Vindicator w/ daemonic possession
    145 pts

The idea behind it is that 2/3 of the standard missions in 5th so I understand are objective based. So depending on where the objectives are and who I'm vs one of the two troop choices will foot slog / run to cover on the closest objective. While the other uses the rhino with the demon prince to go after the further away one. And lash / blast away whoever is on it. With either the vindicator supporting the foot sloggers or the dreadnought depending on the enemy's army. And the termi's deepstriking next to the DP and rhino trying to take the further objective.

Since the rhino can taxi both units likewise if the enemy army is fully troops and no tanks the plague marines take the rhino forward instead. Both dread and termi's can deepstrike in. I also dropped the AC with powerfist from the melta squad. Since at that point I would rather get a CC Dreadnought with the extra points and even now I still have 6/6 squads able to deal with enemy armour and 2/6 able to deal it at range.

Also I took a DP instead of a sorcerer since one of the issues I can see is fast vehicles being a pain and a flying monstrous creature should help out trying to catch them. Also I'm thinking of giving the DP a teleporter homer if I can with the 6 pts left over since 2 of the potential 6 units can deepstrike and both are expensive if lost. Or I could upgrade the termi's powerfist to a chainfist

Last edited by eckyl; July 16th, 2008 at 06:36.
    "It's important to remember at all times that anyone who's done more than you has no life... Also, anyone who's done less than you is a noob."

+ Reply to Thread