1270 pt list - using my models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1270 pt list - using my models

Combining some of my older units, I've made a list with the new Codex. The thing I don't like about the new codex is that the army is much more generic, the thing I do like is that I get to use all my models in one army! (DG + TSM)

Keep in mind, this list is probably not tactically sound, so I'm willing to take advice, maybe even add a unit or two. My only goal here was to come up with a list based on WYSIWYG on my models.

145 pts - Chaos Lord, MoT, Deathscreamer

230 pts - 5 Terminators, pwr fists, reaper, combi flamer

211 pts - 7 Death Guard, champ, power weapon, plasma gun, icon

274 pts - 9 Thousand Sons (rather, 8 TSM and 1 sorcerer), icon, Bolt of Change

35 pts - Rhino (for TSM)

75 pts - Obliterator

130 pts - 10 Lesser Daemons (these are horrors, btw)

170 pts - 5 Chaos Raptors, Champ, Lightning Claws, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun

Total: 1270

Composition
    HQ - 1
    E - 1
    T - 2
    HS - 1
    FA - 1

I also have a few questions.
    Does my Chaos Lord automatically get sorcerer status?
    Do TSM get a 3+ inv save?
    Plague marines have bolters and BPs/CCW - what does this mean for their number of attacks/shooting range? I haven't read the 4th ed rulebook in a while.

I'm thinking of adding 1 normal squad of CSM with 12 models and a Rhino for the DG. I probably need some more HS for tank busting too

Thanks.

Last edited by eatmydarkapostle; July 18th, 2008 at 19:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Ok...

it's not looking so hot at the moment. The army has potential, but it lack focus at this stage.

You have several 'half squads'.

Take this squad for example:

There's a big mix up here. Plasma weaponry may melt your expensive models, plus the plasma gun works against assaulting... this is bad as the raptor champ has lighting spoons... which are pretty crap on a S4 model. Plus, there are only 5 of them which means that they can easily get overpowered.

With this squad, you should consider keeping them at five, dropping the champ and adding another plasma gun, and then you have a 5 man crazy plasma squad, who will hurt the enemy.

Alternatively, you can push them up to at least 8, and give them a mark (IoCG or IoK) and then they'll be actually functional in CC (although i'd recommend flamers or melta guns so you don't lost assault capability). It's a shame you have the lightning spoon champ though. A powerfist works better.

The obliterator is always good, on his own, or a bit better with company. Remember to put them in seperate slots should you get anymore and have any spare Heavy Support slots.

The death guard squad is almost complete. You just need another plasma gun, and they're good to go. A rhino would help too.

The 1K sons squad is of course complete. Many players prefer doom bolt on the aspiring sorceror though, just to keep costs down and also to synergise better with the 1K sons' inferno bolts.

The terminators are ok, although i must say, although egotistical, i prefer the squad of my own design. or a few more combi plasmas. The reaper is nice, but the cost is crippling.

The lord is certainly functional, the daemon weapon comboed with the increased wardsave is very nice. as he's a shooting unit, some extra manouvrability (read wings or jump pack) would be welcome.

You have a workable list though... I'd aim for 1500 and get it nice and tight.

My personal feelings for lesser daemons are odd at the moment... it all depends on if they can hold objectives or not. If they can, then they'll be awesome, and you can have raptors pooping out daemons to hold objectives before flying off to cause more mayhem.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I know MR Moon has already had is word on this list but I thought an additional comment may help some what.
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmydarkapostle View Post
    145 pts - Chaos Lord, MoT, Deathscreamer
    This guy could proabley do with wings or a jump pack unless he hitches a ride with the TS.
    230 pts - 5 Terminators, pwr fists, reaper, combi flamer
    Id suggest not taking all powerfists. The mass of power weapon attacks is a great threat to any enemy even if they are S4. The reaper isnt a good option anymore, its too expensive. the heavy flamer is a beauty of a weapon, its super cheap and can really hurt hordes and even MEQs.
    211 pts - 7 Death Guard, champ, power weapon, plasma gun, icon
    A powerfist suits the death guard champion better than a spoon with his reduced I. Add another special weapon to maximise there effect.
    274 pts - 9 Thousand Sons (rather, 8 TSM and 1 sorcerer), icon, Bolt of Change

35 pts - Rhino (for TSM)
    BOC isnt a good choice for the champion, id take doom bolt or Wind of chaos, both these mesh better with the TS's super bolters.

130 pts - 10 Lesser Daemons (these are horrors, btw)
    Im not keen on these, there are many other options that are more cost effective.
    As Moonie said, this squad lacks focus. My faveorite raptor build is dual meltaguns and a powerfist, its great for Anti tank and smashes up heavy infantry.
    I also have a few questions.
    Does my Chaos Lord automatically get sorcerer status?
    Do TSM get a 3+ inv save?
    Plague marines have bolters and BPs/CCW - what does this mean for their number of attacks/shooting range? I haven't read the 4th ed rulebook in a while.
    Qs and As.
    No he does not, he gets +1 INV save (hes then 4+).
    No, they are 4+ inv save, they dont get +1 on top of that.
    Plagues get to choose wether to shoot the pistols or bolters/ specail weapons each turn but then gain +1 attack for two close combat weapons. This is known as ultragrit as its ultra awesome.

NOTE. Daemons are troops so score now, does anyone think they are a good idea for late objective snatching?

Dan

+ Reply to Thread