1.5k Fun/competative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

1.5k Fun/competative

Picked up the Daemon Dex, and already being fully enthralled by the machinations of the Dark Gods (World Eaters and Night Lords, specifically), I decided it was time to complete the circle of Chaos and step into the realms of daemonhood.

Now, having discussed things with a friend of mine (who seems to think most of the units in the Daemons dex are worthless); I've came up with a Khorne Heavy (What? It's in my blood!) list with some sprinklings of Tzeentch and Slannesh.

The list did originally contain a Bloodthirster, but the models awful. I'll wait and see if a new one is released before commiting to getting one.

Anyway, on to the list:

HQ:

Herald of Khorne - 135
    Juggernaut, Unholy Might, Death Strike

Herald of Tzeentch - 95
    Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, We Are Legion

Elites:

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne - 145
    Icon of Chaos

Troops:

10 Daemonettes - 140

10 Bloodletters - 190
    Icon of Chaos, Instrument of Chaos

10 Bloodletters - 190

10 Bloodletters of Khorne - 165
    Icon of Chaos

15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - 280
    Icon of Chaos

Soul Grinder - 160
    Phlegm

Total: 1500

Daemonic Incursion Force 1: Herald of Tzeentch, Pink Horrors, Soul Grinder, 1 Unit of Bloodletters with Icon
    Daemonic Incursion Force 2: Herald of Khorne, Bloodcrushers, 1 Unit of Bloodletters with Icon, Bloodletters, Daemonettes

Idea is, first turn gets the shooters on the field, specifically the Soul Grinder and the Horrors. When the main melee forces start arriving, these units will be able to get them placed where they'll not take much fire from the first turns, and then get into combat on the second turns.

The Bloodcrushers will probably be tied to the Pink Horrors. The enemy will ahve a big problem on their hands if the horrors are all in range, and the Bloodcrushers appear. Shoto the bloodcrushers, get a boatload of warpfire down their throats, along with whatever else the Herald can pull off. Shoot the horrors, get some Bloodcrushers and a herald of Khorne charging you down.

Comments, criticisms, ideas welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:

Herald of Khorne - 135
    Juggernaut, Unholy Might, Death Strike

Herald of Tzeentch - 95
    Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, We Are Legion

nice choices here though drop most of the upgrades to your herald except for the juggernaunt, and then drop all the upgrades to the HoT I'll explain why at the end

Elites:

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne - 145
    Icon of Chaos

Troops:

10 Daemonettes - 140

10 Bloodletters - 190

10 Bloodletters - 190

10 Bloodletters of Khorne - 165
    Icon of Chaos

15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - 280
    Icon of Chaos

The icons and instruments are also nice though you might only want 2 icons so keep the one on the horrors and the one on the bloodcrushers and take out all the other icons

Soul Grinder - 160
    Phlegm

The SG is nice but in a 1500 point battle he will be devasted since you have no other tanks so instead take a tzeentch DP with BoT and DG since as a Monsterous Creature he can shoot both, and then with the points that I had you take off the rest of your army you can get another DP with the same stat upgrades. These DPs are by far the most effective antitank you can field because of BoT, High BS and 4 shots, also with MoT they have a 4+ Invul save making them even harder to kill. Now fieldingwise just send your 2 DPs in the place of the soul grinder.

Total: 1500
    KHORNE, when life gives you lemons - Blood for the Blood GOD!!!

+ Reply to Thread