Blame Karmoon - 2000 points of Chaos Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame Karmoon - 2000 points of Chaos Space Marines

New CSM player here for 5th edition. This is my young, n00bish list, so feel free to shred it apart. Literally tear into it like the proud lion does to the foolish zebra who sprinted the wrong way. You'll be doing me a favour picking it apart just now rather than letting me learn bad CSM habits.

HQ
    Daemon Prince
    Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission - 155 points

Daemon Prince
    Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime - 175 points

Troops
    7 Thousand Sons and Aspiring Sorcerer
    Bolt of Change - 246 points

6 Noise Marines
    Sonic Blaster x 5, Blastmaster
    Noise Champion
    Sonic Blaster, Power Sword - 240 points

6 Noise Marines
    Noise Champion

Heavy Support
    2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators (points now left off these guys for obvious reasons that almost dawned on me too late)

Total - 1998 points

Now as for tactics... I have a lot of mid-ranged firepower. So that should be fun. Honestly, I have no idea when it comes to tactics. I'm new to 40k so this will be a learning experience for me. Obliterators hunt tanks, Daemon Princes make themselves tasty targets and carve things up, and the Noise Marines support the Thousand Sons in gunning everything down mid-field.

Any comments and critiques are welcome. If the list is too n00by and makes your eyes bleed... well Karmoon put me up to it so blame him.

Last edited by HolyVanguard; July 29th, 2008 at 04:36. Reason: Spacing, typos, point costs...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

The tzeentchian prince pays good points for his mark, id suggest you pick one more power to take advantage of that.

The Lash prince will make people go *booo-hisss* especially coupled with template weapons.

A pretty shooty list, with just the princes geared for CC.

I'd try to squeeze on a doom siren on at least one of the champs, to give em a bit more anti horde.

Be prepared that your high-cost troops mean that youll be outnumbered pretty often.

i'd drop one if not two of the obliterator squads and try to squeeze in a havoc or chosen squad instead, you have enough anti-armor as it is with the bolt of change and princes'

All in all, fun list.. very expensive, but fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyVanguard View Post
    New CSM player here for 5th edition. This is my young, n00bish list, so feel free to shred it apart. Literally tear into it like the proud lion does to the foolish zebra who sprinted the wrong way. You'll be doing me a favour picking it apart just now rather than letting me learn bad CSM habits.
    I'll pick it clean like a pack of sparkling Bees pick the bones clean of an inferior carbon based lifeform.

HQ
    Daemon Prince
    Solid choice. Ignore nay sayers who call cheese or say beardy. Chaos needs something like to stay in the game against new Ork and Eldar codexes.

Daemon Prince
    Another great choice. Fast and killy - and the increased ward save is nice.
    I'm wondering though, even at 2K points there's only so many points to spend on HQ... I'll come back to this later though...

Troops

Pretty good. Shame you can't get the fluffy 9, but so be it. the multiple bolt of change is actually quite nice.

6 Noise Marines
    Noise Champion

6 Noise Marines
    Noise Champion
    pretty much the optimal way to take noise marines. Are you sure you have your points cost correct? These guys seem far too expensive... for that price you should be able to get doom siren too...

Heavy Support
    2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators (points now left off these guys for obvious reasons that almost dawned on me too late)
    Nasty. Good allocation.

Ok.. I can see how your army fits together now. Absolutely withering fire power all around. Excellent.

I can now see the reason for the double prince routine. And I think it will go well to stem assault so they're manageable.

I'm not sure if you can juggle it somehow, but some icons would go down very nicely I think. See if i'm right about the Noise Marines, if not, downgrade one of the 1K sons aspiring sorcerers to Doom Bolt and use those points for icons.

Having the option of deepstriking obliterators is always a good tactical choice. And even two obliterators where the enemy isn't expecting them can potentially break them.

Hell, I've won by having obliterators deepstrike on turn 6 into their table quarter and simple exist.

I like the list most unholy of Vanguards. It's a nice theme, and it's a bit of original execution. In a day an age where rhinos are all the rage, it's good to see some old fashioned infantry on the board.

Bravo.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Daemon Prince

Daemon Prince

Elite
    4 Chaos Terminators
    Combi-Plasma x 3, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist - 150 points

Troops
    Bolt of Change, Personal Icon - 251 points

Bolt of Change, Personal Icon - 251 points

Doombolt, Personal Icon - 236 points

7 Noise Marines including Noise Champion (Sonic Blaster, Power Sword)
    Sonic Blaster x 4, Blastmaster, Personal Icon - 240 points

7 Noise Marines including Noise Champion (Sonic Blaster, Power Sword)
    Sonic Blaster x 4, Blastmaster, Personal Icon - 240 points

Heavy Support
    2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

Total - 1998

Edited the list slightly for clarity as well as added in some more options for firepower and mobility. Plus the ever popular Karmoon Pattern Terminators... the evolved bees of the 40k universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Plus the ever popular Karmoon Pattern Terminators... the evolved bees of the 40k universe.
    oh you! do BEE-have please.

The list looks a lot more tactically flexible at this point.

I'll admit the terminators are ideally meant to be deepstruck, but it's not impossible to foot slog them - necron players will hate you.

Just remember, the terminators are meant for surgical strikes. Put pressure where the enemy doesn't want it. After one volley of hot plasma, they're merely to cause trouble.

If you want something with a bit more longevity but less surprise, then consider the two obliterators.

At this stage, I'll say what I always say.

Take them out for a spin, and see what works for you and what you like.

Because at the end of the day, real combat experience is more valuable than pretty much any forum advice.

Good luck
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 2k pts I think you really need at least on Large Blast, either Vind or Defiler, if you face any swarm army or simply a cheap army w/ a lot of units but not really 'swarm' you'll never be able to kill all of them.

As for armies with equal to or less models as your you'll easily annihilate.

I also just cant help but notice your AP is pitiful outside of the Oblits. Personally I dont know how to help, I just think with the new tank rule... a Land Raider could slip through and unleash termies who, unless swiftly assaulted by your demons, will rip through your troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sonic Blasters are there for hordes and swarms. Nice high volume of shots (terrible pun intended). And as for the lack of of Anti Tank, I'll stick with the 6 Obliterators in the first list and drop a Bolt of Change for a Doombolt, perhaps a sonic blaster or two, and add some Personal Icons for more mobility.

+ Reply to Thread