2000pts Wow what a khorne Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Wow what a khorne Army

Hello all, just wanted to share a couple of my battles I had yesterday with my newly finished Khorne army. I play a large Tau army and wanted to play a very different 2nd army. This is about the 4th army I have played in my 40k career with Khorne and I think its the most fun yet. Anyways heres the list and then I mention on how it faired.

HQ
    140pts Daemon Prince w/ MoK, Wings
    140pts Daemon Prince w/ MoK, Wings

Elites
    435pts x5 Chaos Terminators w/ IoK, x4 Combi-Plasma/Power Weapons, x1 Heavy Flamer/Powerfist all mounted in Chaos Landraider Transport

Troops
    208pts x8 Khorne Berserkers w/ Skull Champion, Power fist

Heavy
    220pts Chaos Landraider
    220pts Chaos Landraider
    220pts Chaos Landraider

1999pts Total

Well my first game with my khorne army was against a Tzeentch, how fitting! his army consisted of
    Lord on a bike w/ personal icon
    3 x10 Tzeentch squads
    2 x3 man Oblit squads
    2 x5 man Tzeentch Termy squads with Combi-melta, IoT
    We rolled the corner set up and Kill points mission.
    I placed first and slapped my 4 landraiders down as close to the center shy 12" as I could. Two Deamon Princes behind 2 LR.
    He decided to deepstrike his x2 squads of termies and x2 oblits squads and played his 3 squads of thousand sons and his lord on a bike.
    Turn 1 I rolled forward. His turn 1 he repositioned his TS and awaited an assault.
    Turn 2 I rolled forward again and was just shy of assault range (he was pretty far back)so opted to stay inside the LR's and awaited the Deepstriking for some targets.
    He got 1 termy unit and one Oblit unit down. Termy unit shot off its combi-meltas but did nothing as he scattered a bit away from optimum melta range. Oblits only managed to shake a LR but it could still move, thats all I needed.
    Turn 3 I rolled a Khorne unit into 1 of his TS squads. Rolled 2 Khorne units into his Termy squad. Rolled my Termy squad into his Oblit squad. End result no more Oblits, no more Tzeentch termies. My DP assaulted his Lord on a bike and smeared him too. Khorne and TS squad still in combat but TS squad greatly reduced.
    He got last squad of oblits down and Termy squad down. Oblits shot at Raider and knocked off a Lascannon. TS termies melted a khorne Termy. Zerkers fisnish off TS squad and get ready for there turn.
    Turn 4 Sent 1 unit of zerkers at the TS squads, 1 unit at the fresh Oblit squad, beat up Khorne squad into other TS squad with DP joining. My Khorne termies after TS termies. Land raider fired off some shots to soften up the Oblits and Termies. After my turn four its was pretty grim. We ended at turn 5 with the total kill points being:
    Khorne 6KP Killed x2 TS squads, x2 Oblit squads, x1 termy squad, and bike Lord
    Tzeentch 1KP he killed one Khorne squad

Next game was against a full Slaanesh army which included
    x2 Lash Sorcerers (Yuk!)
    x1 Dreadnought w/ x2 DCCW
    x3 6 Noise Marines decked out with sonic stuff
    x1 12 Noise Marines decked out with sonic stuff
    x2 3 man Oblit squads
    x1 Vindicator

Mission was corner again but with 3 objective counters. I rolled set up a go first, he set up fairly far back away from any counters and preped a firing line. To make a long story short the game lasted for 6 turns. I said BAh to objective counters and charged forward at the enemy. End result:
    Khorne had 2 fully functional LR and 2 Daemon princes left on the table (1 with 2 wounds left)
    Slaanesh was wiped out completely!!!!!

All in all I was pleasently surprised on how well my little write up faired. It was kind of more for fun but it ended up a fairly strong list. Those land raiders are very solid. Being able to assault what I want and when is a huge advantage. The best assault was one unit of slaanesh had to make 18 saves from my 8 man squad. Not including the power fist guy going last. hehehe hahaha. Anyways just thought I would share a tale of Blood spilled for the Blood god!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, Princes with no Slaaneshi whips, good move! And gratulations for your very victorious games. I'm also very fond of Landraiders, too bad I can't use 'em much 'cause my friends don't like to play 2k games. There's very little i would actually change in the list. Maybe kit the Termies more close combat oriented, as it is a Khorne list, but anyway, well done indeed ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I too have been thinking of making a land raider heavy list. I can fit 4 LRs in a 1750 pts list. The armour shoulld be totally dominating and giving the whole army mobility. Just concentrate on the enemys anti-armour and take that out and your safe to do whatever you like. With Zerkers inside the Land raiders is the perfect unit. And with their totall of 8 twinlinked lascannons they'll dominate enemy armour and transports. Only problem now is to buy 4 land raiders and paint them.

Heres how I would do it:

Chaos Lord
    Power Weapon
    105 pts

3 Chaos terminators
    Land Raider with Daemonic Possession
    330 pts

8 Khorne Berzerker
    Skull CHampion upgrade with Power Weapon
    198 pts

8 Khorne Berzerker
    198 pts

8 Khorne Berzerker
    198 pts

Land Raider
    Daemonic Possession
    240 pts

Land Raider
    Daemonic Possession
    240 pts

Land Raider
    Daemonic Possession
    240 pts

Total: 1749 pts

The key is the Daemonic Possession on the Land Raiders, preventing them from stopping due to irritating shaken and stunned results. They need to be rolling forward and never stop. That way you can choose your targets and be free to slaughter the opponent the way you like.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; August 23rd, 2008 at 13:53.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. Did I mention that all my Khorne models (zerkers and Termies) are the new forge world ones? They deffinately add some glitz to the army.
    I luv my 2 DP's as they aren't monsters but they add some handy mobility for those units hiding up high in buildings.
    I went with the shooty termies as they go straight for the hardest unit in my opponents army and unleash plasma death then assault whats left.
    I thought about the Daemonic possesion on the Landraiders as well. But for the 80pts I would have to spend it wasn't really worth it. So if one tank gets stunned, it gives me a nice 2nd wave unit next turn. Trust me, even an all shooty army will really only get 1 tank stunned if he is lucky or maybe blow off a weapon. The LR are so darn solid I don't fear much (I will fear bright lances)
    Also I would insist on the power fist on your champs. Its well worth the extra 10 pts on them. Being such a low model count army you never know what your going to be up against and having the fist in there lets them be able to take on all comers.
    Just my 2 cents

+ Reply to Thread