1500 DG Rino-Rush - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 DG Rino-Rush

Chaos Lord 170
    Mon, Wings, D weapon

9 Plague Marines 335
    2 Plasma guns
    Plague Champion: Power Fist
    Rhino, Demonic Possession, Smokes

10 Plague Marines 358
    2 Plasma guns

10 Plague Marines 348
    2 Melta guns

Vindicator 145
    Demonic Possession

Vindicator 145
    Demonic Possession

Struggle against tanks? Sure, but 10 DG are almost unkillable: I'll just walk up and punch them!
    Winged Lord joins the 9 PMarines in the rhino rush then flies as a surprise for lurkers who thought they were safe.

Last edited by Face-Smasher; August 23rd, 2008 at 11:18. Reason: better idea

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Possession is too expensive on rhinos. Drop possession, reduce the squads to 7 and get 1 more unit of Plague Marines with a rhino. Maybe you can give them some plasmas too...
    Don't aim to get the plague marines into combat, they're not made for it. Keep the fists, but shoot the enemy when he's travellingto you, and then fist him when he gets there. They're plague marines, not berzerkers.

Change the lord to a sorcerer. A sorcerer with wings and warptime is scary. Opponent knows this, so don't expect him to survive. He's just a firemagnet.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like good advice.

I thought the point of Rhinos was to drive up, disembark, spray the enemy with ammo, get charged, survive, then give them the beat down as in the story below, which doesn't have any Rhinos in it.

7 of my Plague Marines got charged by 10 beserkers yesterday and I killed them all, after 3 turns. He only killed 1PM. We both had champions, but his had no weapon and mine had a P Fist. I think I shot 1 before they charged.
    Last edited by Face-Smasher; August 23rd, 2008 at 19:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

10 berzerkers generate 40 attacks on the charge.
    Of these, half wound the plaguemarines. So theres 20 wounds there.
    Two thirds are saved, so only about 7 wounds get through the armour.
    Due to the Plague Marines Feel no Pain, 3,5 wounds are ignored, leaving 3,5 Plague Marines dead. He must have rolled almost only 1s when you killed all of his zerkers with 7 PMs.
    And this is without a championwith fist. Add a fisted champ and you'll probably get 2 more kills as the fist negates both the armour save and the FnP, and that double strength +1 will generate almost 100% wounding rolls. The fisted zerker champ is really worth it's points. Because both units are Fearless, they'll continue to slaughter eachother until everyone is dead.
    The random wound allocation in 5th edition makes it dangerous for champs to have their squads recieve massed attacks. The are as prone to biting the grassas their grunts.
    You should have lost that battle. The odds were against you.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically, Mr_Wayne. The Berserkers would only have 31 attacks on the charge. Blight Grenades you know. He needed threes to hit, so 20 hit. Half of which wound, so we are down to 10 wounds. He should lose 3 and a third marines, half of which pass their FNP...

Blight grenades are good.
    Last edited by OldSundown; September 7th, 2008 at 07:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Must've overlooked that. My bad. Fisting champs against PMs must realy suck now when you dont get +1A from having two weapons. Sure, those As that hits will pulp the PMs, but there wont be many As to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldnt he need fours to wound? str 5 on the charge vs t 5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah, I meant to say "to hit". Sorry about that typo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Can the Lord with Wings ride in the rhino? I'm pretty sure they can't... but again, I've not really looked at 5th edition.

It's a pretty tough list, but you'll have serious problems with a gun line type army. My suggestion - drop the 9 man PM squad and replace it with a raptor squad (and send the Lord with this squad) - something to give you a little extra punch in CC and some mobility that doesn't rely on an easy to kill rhino. Or better yet, replace it (and the lord's wings) with those legendary Nurgle Bikers.

Finally, consider the Daemon weapon on the Lord - the Nurgle Weapon isn't that great. Consider the ever useful paired lightning claws instead. Or, as was mentioned, a Sorcerer.

+ Reply to Thread