1500 point chaos list, needs work... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point chaos list, needs work...

I've had the chaotic fire burning in me for some time, and until I find out what to do with my Necrons and my Space Wolves... I guess I'll play chaos! This is what I have so far:

HQ
    Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh, Warptime, Wings - 160

Troops
    9x Thousand Sons - Aspiring sorcerer (included in count), Doombolt - 254

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Doom Siren - 205

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Doom Siren - 205

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - 150

Chaos Vindicator - Extra armour - 140
    I've had the chaotic fire burning in me for some time, and until I find out what to do with my Necrons and my Space Wolves... I guess I'll play chaos! This is what I have so far:

HQ

Troops
    Chaos Vindicator - Extra armour - 140

Total: 1508

I would love to shave the ugly 8 points there... Although I cannot figure out where to pull them off from. I love consistency within the ranks, as well as the fluffy numbers in the squads. I also like the intimidation factor of a daemon prince on the field.

Any help will be appreciated, even if I turn it right around... I would prefer slight changes to the list, nothing too drastic.

I would also like your opinions on this list as well. I assume I could use this list quite confidently in tournaments as well as in friendly games.

Thanks.

|T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

when you typed this in i think you messed up.

a) you have parts of your post in here twice.

b) assuming everything after you repeated your intro is a misspost then your total is only 1368 (1338 with proper cost for Sound marines see below)

c) your point cost for your sound marines is off by alot they should be 190 points for each unit unless each Champ is supposed to have a power weapon. that would bring your cost to 205 for each.

so. not sure what things should be.
    Last edited by Hondor; August 28th, 2008 at 21:12.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have the power weapon on the Noise Champions... So the numbers are correct in that aspect.

I also had 2 Vindicators as well, apparently that didn't get in there like it should have.

I changed the list around since I posted this and it now looks like this:

HQ

Troops

10x Raptors - Aspiring Champion (included in count), Lightning Claws, Meltabombs, 2 Flamers - 255

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Doom Siren, Power Weapon - 205

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Doom Siren Power Weapon - 205

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - 150

Chaos Vindicator - Daemonic Possession - 145

Chaos Vindicator - 125

Total: 1499

With this change in the list I'm debating on the Daemonic Possession for a Mark of Chaos on the Raptors... I would like to keep this list somewhat fluffy such that Tzeench's enemy god is Nurgle. I'm leaning towards the Mark of Slaanesh due to the better usage of the lightning claws.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

BTW Raptors are Fast.
    well i like the list. i personally are not a fan of TS. so as your considering Slaanesh on the raptors why not make an all Slaanesh list?

HQ

Fast
    12x Raptors - Aspiring Champion (included in count), Lightning Claws, Meltabombs, Mark of Slaanesh Flamer - 310

Troops
    6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Doom Siren, Power Weapon - Rhino, 2x twin linked bolter 245

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Doom Siren, Power Weapon - Rhino, 2x twin linked bolter 245

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - xx

Total: 1500

had to drop one of the flamers in the raptors to get it under 1500 reason i put the raptors up to 12 was to keep with Slaanesh's number of 6 as the units are rather small i gave them all Rhinos to help get them to objectives or wherever they need to be. to do so had to drop a vindicator.

again this is just my play on your list. you don't have to take any of these sugestions i like fluff so removing the TS just kinda worked b/c they were your only Tzenetch unit left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main aspect was to create a chaos undivided list with only 2 chaos factions. That and I like Tzeench, and the inferno bolts... Which may or may not be as effective as a vindicator.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After playing around with the list for quite some time I've determined that these three lists seem to be the ones that will serve me (and the choas gods) best.

List 1

HQ

Troops

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Power Weapon, Doom Siren - 205

6x Noise Marines - Noise Champion (included in count), Blastmaster, Power Weapon, Doom Siren - 205

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - 150

Chaos Vindicator - 125

Total: 1498

------------------------------------------------

List 2

HQ

Troops

Fast Attack
    10x Raptors - Aspiring Champion (included in count), 2 Flamers, Lightning Claws, Meltaboms - 255

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - 150

Chaos Vindicator - 125

Total: 1499

------------------------------------------------

List 3

HQ

Troops

Fast Attack
    9x Raptors - Aspiring Champion (included in count), 2 Flamers, Lightning Claws, Meltaboms - 235

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - 150

Chaos Vindicator - Extra Armour - 140

Chaos Vindicator - Extra Armour - 140

Total: 1500

I don't know which list I like better. I know they all have potential to be devastating and resilient. I like the daemonic possession on the Vindicators because I don't mind the drop in BS because of it, however that reduces the consistency of the list, which is where the 3 one is on top. I just want to know which list you guys think will perform better.

Thanks.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came up with another list, I don't know it it'll be better, but I'd like your thoughts.

List 4

HQ

Troops

9x Thousand Sons - Aspiring Sorcerer (included in count), Doombolt - 254

7x Plague Marines - Plague Champion (included in count), Power Weapon - 191

Fast Attack
    9x Raptors - Aspiring Champion (included in count), 2 Flamers, Lightning Claws, Meltaboms - 235

Heavy
    2x Obliterators - 150

Total: 1485

I know I have 15 points left over, I don't know what to do with them... I don't know if I should/n't use plasma weaponry. I know it's effective, but I don't know if it's worth the risk even though it's now ONLY on a 1 with 5th edition. Although I would have to say that it's weird to have only one plasma gun in an army... And consistency is a good thing.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

sorry no reply in a while i somehow unsubscribed from this thread so didn't see your new posts. i like it overall. my one sugestion (and use of those 15 points) swap out the power weapon on the plague champ and give him power fist. always good to have a powerfist in the army as you get no AS against it. sure you go last but STR8 means even against vehicals you can do some dmg. and you get 2 attacks (3 on charge). i always try to give my champs a power fist.

else you can go with a Plasma weapon (not on champ) good for long range hard to hurt targets (marines/terms/vehicals) have killed a few vehicals with the odd plasma pistol i take

Also yes my avitar is SG1 and Teal'c has Pink Bunny slippers on. came from an SG1 forum i was with, when we were talking about spoilers it was always "the pink bunny slipper wearing aliens came by and abducted Teal'c" so was a running gag. so made this pic with Teal'c "gone native" and having pink slippers
    Last edited by Hondor; September 29th, 2008 at 22:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry about bumping this up. I recently realized that daemons can no longer take daemon weapons.

I've been working on some lists that you guys can look at after the break.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

+ Reply to Thread