Librarium Online Forums banner

'Ard Boyz tourny list help plz

282 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Zora Blade 
#1 ·
Ok Im pretty sure im going to see alot of chaos in my area so im going with T.S heres my list:

HQ
Daemon Prince - MoS - Lash - Wings - 155

Daemon Prince - MoS - Lash - Wings - 155

Troops
10 Thousand Sons - Asp Sor - Gift of Chaos - 297

10 Noise Marines - 1 Blastmaster - 9 Sonic - Asp Champ - 300

10 Noise Marines - 1 Blastmaster - 9 Sonic - Asp Champ - 300

Heavy
3 Oblits - 225

3 Oblits - 225

3 Oblits - 225

I use to run Bolt of Change of more anti tank but im pretty sure 9 oblits will get the job done so I went with GoC. You might look at it and say why, Its all because If I get into close Combat Im pretty much boned. But being able to change 2 of there models into spawns is always gives you more attacks whip out a squad. also it a last resort type deal, Oh I cant hit the it has a toughness 8, lets just make it mine.

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm guessing the lashes are to keep the enemy away so you may fire into them more, always good to have. 9 oblits should be decent for anti-tank and the princes can always tackle things that get to close. i've always wanted to try out GoC, jsut never really considered it with the point cost. i'd love to turn a carnifex or an enemy HQ into a blubbering mass of flesh, would some in handy against flanking or deepstrikers, besides that, everthing else should get shot down before getting to you. don't forget aspiring sorcerors can still fire their bolt pistol after GoC... if your already in assault.

so really i have no problem with your list, except i'm more of a plague marine/thousand son guy.

#3 ·
The prince is also for lashing a troop in to range of my troops on turn one. then after that a just push things around with them.

I was talking to somone today about my list and they said im going to lose all because of the GoC. Because when I turn somthing into a Spawn they can direct all of the attacks onto it and kill it easily, and I would probably lose close combat every time because of this. Would this be true? i mean yah the spawns dont have any saves but they do have a good toughness on them.

the other Thing he said was that Oblits got screwed in 5th edition... I dont see how. I think there still good as ever, Am I wrong about this?

#4 ·
Obilterators arent as tough as they used to be. And if your opponents direct all their attacks on to the chaos spawn then all your 1k sons will still be alive? True they wont be killing much but they have a good inv save and can hold things up for the Princes to counter charge if they do get charged.

#5 ·
I don't know about the 9 sonic blasters and 1 blastmaster... mabe tone it down to 5 sonic blasters and get them a rhino or something. Every time one dies your pulling off more points then you could be. I've never used obliterators personaly, but wouldn't a heavy weapon squad be better for anti tank? 4 lascannons? I think it would be cheaper too, and more models on top of that. Well it's up to you though, I haven't played my chaos in 6 months lol. Good luck.

-Jen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.