1500 pts Daemons(tournament) - First try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Daemons(tournament) - First try

Hi Guys!

In 7 weeks im entering a team tournament where i live and im going to enter in my recently created Chaos Daemons Army. However, i have one small problem. I have never played with them as im still painting the army, i want to have it all painted before i do it. Its 1500 pts.

But im still in the army list creation stage and need a bit of advice. This is what i have come up with in regards to what i have and what i have time to finish. What do you think, is something completely wrong or have i missed something? Should i make my lord of change more/less powerful? Any other thoughts about the list?

HQ:
    1 Lord of change
    - Breath of Chaos

Elite:
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch

Troops:
    9 Horrors of Tzeentch (changeling, Icon)
    9 Horrors of Tzeentch
    9 Bloodletters
    9 Bloodletters
    9 Plaguebearers (icon)

Fast Attack:
    9 Fleshhounds of Khorne

Heavy Support:
    Daemonprince of Tzeentch (Mark of Tzeentch, Wings, Breath of Chaos)

Total 1499 pts

I was thinking:
    Lord of change
    9 Plaguebearers (icon)
    9 Horrors of Tzeentch
    9 Bloodletters
    9 Fleshhounds of Khorne

Wave 2:
    Daemonprince of Tzeentch
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    9 Horrors of Tzeentch (changeling, Icon)
    9 Bloodletters

I appreciate all the advice i can get on both the armylist and the wave splitting.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Ok but breath means he has to get close and will get charged the next turn. He isn't useless in combat but isn't really worth his points if he spends most of his time there.

What about 3 chariots of Tzeentch with bolt, legion & sorcery. These guys shoot and scoot at good range and give you plenty of anti tank firepower.

Elites: Love them.

Troops: All look good.

Fast: OK but I think I would prefer to see more flamers.

Heavy: Drop wings and try to get two cheap princes. Don't get breath on them as it is expensive and you can always buy more flamers instead. Considder MoT and Bolt for an exellent 140 point tank hunter.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your list is missing anti-tank. You should add bolts to the horror squads; it is cheap and can help against units with good armor saves. I don't like the lord of change with breath.
    If you want to stay with the greater daemon, give it we are legion so it can shoot tanks and Meqs with bolt and gaze.

Personally I don't like flesh hounds (not killy enough in my opinion), but Karnack and the fury of khorne are pretty useful if you like them.

If you want to drop a DP with breath, use the mark of nurgle and iron hide instead. Wings seem too expensive, plus you should be able to get him close with icons anyway. Either way, probably the best way to add more breath (if you really like it) is to add more flamers.

+ Reply to Thread