1750 Thousand Sons GT List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Thousand Sons GT List

hi guys, heres my list so far that ive been working on for a while now, not the happiest with it, so some hard C&C please, i really need this list to be able to take on anything, cheers guys

Daemon Prince: Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Doombolt, Warptime
    =185pts

7 Thousand Sons: Inferno Bolts Personal Icon
    1 Asp Champ: Doombolt
    1 Rhino
    =271pts

7 Thousand Sons: Inferno Bolts, Personal Icon
    1 Rhino
    =271pts

7 Thousand Sons: Inferno Bolts, Personal Icon
    1 Rhino
    =271pts

4 Terminators: 3 Combi Plasmas, Heavy Flamer, Powerfist
    =150pts

1Dreadnought: DCCW,Missle Launcher
    =100pts

3 Oblitz
    =225pts

1 Predator: AC Turret, Twin Lascannons
    =130pts

1 Vindicator: Possession
    =145pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'm not a Thousand Sons expert since the emergence of the new codex, but I would drop the dreadnought and think about (with the extra points) bringing Ahriman into this list. I've never used him myself, but I've heard he's a monster. Either way, a hundred extra points would help you bolster your numbers anyway, which I think is a good idea, the more the better. Remember that with Warptime your Daemon Prince can act as AT when he needs to, I've done that before to good effect myself.

On a side note, I just thought I'd let you know that a few months ago I used one of your Dark Eldar lists as a goon list in my votewar, I tried to contact you, but to no avail. Just thought you might like to know that it got all the way to the semi-finals!
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I agree. Drop the dread and one of the personal icons and get IoT for the terminators and 2 more combi plasma armed terminators. Or get 8 lesser daemons to grab objectives with.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm at work atm, so my points figures might be slightly off, but:

as the others have said, drop the dread. they are too unpredictable to run generaly, and i personally wouldnt risk it in a tourney, also, drop 1 of the oblits, i prefer them in two's anyway, and you'll see why in a minute.

seeing as the vindi has possesion anyways, and you now got 175 points to play with, change it for a defiler with 2 DCCW. this will offset the loss of the dread in terms of CC support, which is always lacking with a TS list, and 6 S10 attacks on the charge is scary. along with it's battle cannon, its equally effective at killing MEQs as the vindi with a much greater range.

my personal preference would be to drop the pred for another defiler too. i probably rate em higher than most, but they always serve me well in friendly games.
    also, this will give you a lot more CC-based anti-tank, as getting TS assaulted by a dread means a slow death for the sons, and nothing you can do about it

this should leave you 150pt left over to play with.

ive got a couple of ideas on that. either another karmoon special termie squad. these things never fail to do considerable damage wherever they appear, or take a cheap assault squad, probably raptors, to get the enemies attention early on, allowing you more time to get your AP3 bolters of joy into ideal positions, ofc, backed up by the twin defilers to keep assault troops at bay.
    or maybe a small squad of zerkers or noise marines, for a bit more CC punch, and an extra scoring unit

*note: i'm not entirely sure how useful this advice is, ive never played in a tourney myself, and ony started playing couple of months ago, but thought i'd throw my 2 pennies in here anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx so far guys, trying to keep the army as themey as possible with making a very competitive list, the dread was one thing i was concerned about in the list i had spare points left ova and it was just a bargain for 100pts, as my army is mech if he frenzy i would just frag my rhinos not hurting it at all lol, but thats is a turn wasted with the dread which i cant really offord, so i would be keen dropping it and an oblit if need be, im worried about my low numbers and if i went up against orks, nids i think maybe i just wouldnt have a chance, so guys what does this list need that could possibly add more flexability to the list, ive been through the codex a million times and cant seem to find anything to add its just so hard lol. sticking to the most basic things seems like the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always see if you have room for one or more Oblits on top. But than that may be overkill, since i'm not that knowledgeable about TS performance.
    A few minor Daemons would be good though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your army is small, even by csm standards. That said by the looks of things your trying to theme your army. Some ideas to get the ball rolling:
    • deamon prince = easy kill for a good player. perhaps consider a sorcerer or even Ahriman himself.
    • Ditch the predator and use your olbits as ur anti tank unit. Theyre kitted out soley for this purpose and can easily be deepstriked into the most opportune place. Loose the pred save some point.
    • Loose the dred. He's pointless. If you want anti tank -> lascannon, missile launcher, If you want cc -> dread ccw and armament of your choice. Just remeber to run him on a flank incase of frenzy
    Consider ditching the deamon prince, dred and the pred and getting yourself Ahriman. Try casting warptime and following it up with either 2 bolts of change or 2 doombolts and watch as your opponent enters a world of hurt.

Defiler may be a good idea, loose its reaper auto-cannon and get urself a claw. then u have 2 template weapons and 3 attacks base. The bad armour can be more then made up for by just standing back out of weapon range and shooting the BC. If weapon destroyed comes up just fleet and charge a unit that u can win the combat against, or tie up to help your army.

Breath
    -= All Kinds of Leetness =-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When your TS force is painted and done, i'd love to see some piccies btw.
    A TS force is always pleasing to the eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, think you could possibly have some major problems with swarm armies. Now, with a themed 1K Sons list I think there is only one thing you could do: Lesser Demons. You already have the icons in your army and they help immensely when being assaulted by orks/tyranids/(thing-in-large-#'s). For only 208 points (1 Dread + 1 Oblit = 175) you could throw in two squads of eight demons that could be just the thing this list is looking for.
    "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Don't give the enemy a moment to consider how badly they are being beaten.
    Never build defenses; let the enemy die in theirs.

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is something about daemons im not to keen about, i just dont like them these days,(fluff reasons also) if i dropped 1 oblit and the dread i would have 175pts spare i possibly could make it more depending on what i would be adding, but what else is there that could be added to strengthen this list? i just cant see anything with everything being so costly in points. do you guys think daemons would be more benefted to this list than the dread and a single oblit or just take 1 squad of them and save the oblit?
    Last edited by Ice_Cube; September 11th, 2008 at 14:53.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast