help with 1500 cityfight force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with 1500 cityfight force

i'm branching a chaos force into the cities of death setting, but having little experience with it, im not sure what i should be going for. my list so far is as follows:

Sorcerer Lord 175
    terminator armor, familiar, mark of slaanesh, lash, wind of chaos

5 Possessed 130

4 terminators 145
    Heavy flamer, chainfist

10 chaos space marines 195
    Aspiring champion with power weapon, flamer and heavy bolter

10 chaos space marines 165
    flamer, heavy bolter

10 Khorne Berserkers 255
    Skull champion, power weapon and plasma pistol

7 thousand sons and aspiring sorcerer 251
    wind of chaos

5 Chaos Raptors 165
    aspiring champion with lightning claws, plasma pistol and meltagun

as you can see i have a few points left over, but i'm not concerned about that right now.

basically, what i'm concerned about is the raptors. i plan to use them as a tank/transport hunting group, destroying a rhino or such, then slaughtering the infantry as they pour out. my concern is that my numbers in the squad are too low, and that as it is, i can only get one kill out of them before a few squads turn all weaps on them. essentially, what do i drop to get my raptor numbers higher (and i do plan to swap the plasma pistol for a second meltagun, so thats another 5 points spare).

my other concern was icons. which ones are best for which groups. is icon of slaanesh or khorne better for raptors (considering their role), and should i grab chaos glory or nurgle for my terminators.

thanks for input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres my thoughts, if your looking to cut some points take a look at your possesed. There not overly bad its just plenty of units can do what they do.... only better.... and cheaper.

-As far as the termis Id mark them slaanesh based on the load out you gave the... Id also try to squeeze that 5th guy in there they can clear out a building all on there own. Plus MoS lets them strike before most things out there .

-Id cut out the asp champ and go dual flamer plus IoCG on the space marine squad.
    flamers are really nice in citys of death. Id also get these guys a rhino, I tend to like having more than one unit that can do the same task.

- Id drop the zerkers down to 8 and give the champ a power fist. Instead of the pw and plasma pistol. These guys seriously need a transport a rhino with extra armour is a must here.

- Im not sold on 1ksons... If you like them go for it but i can think of way more things id rather have in my army than them.. if you dont want to use tham and want me expand on this i will.

- also id drop the familar and one of the spells off your sorc.

- There is really no wrong answer with how to mark your raptors.. its really up to you. Me I'd mark them slaaneesh for the extra Int. Also going to meltas is the way id run them, though i havent found a spot for them in my build as of yet. Normally id shy away form a two roll unit but the way they can get up the board the melta is never trully wasted. It can pop tanks or kill termis just as easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, most of what you're saying sounds good.

also go ahead and expand on other choices beside thousand sons though. i did buy an emperors children noise marine box the other day, but about all that would be nifty on them is the doom siren (template and ignores power armor).

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, reworked my list, this is what its looking like now

Sorcerer Lord 140
    terminator armor, mark of slaanesh, lash of submission

5 Chosen Chaos Space Marines 175
    3 Flamers, 1 pair Lightning claws, 1 Power Fist, Icon of Slaanesh, 1 Meltabomb

4 terminators 155
    Heavy flamer, chainfist, icon of slaanesh

10 chaos space marines 205
    flamerx2, Rhino, chaos glory

10 chaos space marines 170
    flamerx2, chaos glory

flamerx2, chaos glory

8 Khorne Berserkers 243
    Skull champion, power fist, rhino

8 Chaos Raptors 240
    aspiring champion with lightning claws, meltagunx2, icon of slaanesh

i replaced the thousand sons with a third group of vanilla marines with flamers and chaos glory, bumped up my raptor count to 8, and replaced the possessed with chosen, geared for a building clearing/assaulting role in enemy territory, in addition to assorted icons throughout the force. thoughts?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Alright, here are my comments on your list.

Sorcerer Lord 140
    terminator armor, mark of slaanesh, lash of submission
    Personally, i'd swap lash for Wind of Chaos, it will cost 10 more points, but its worth it in CoD.

5 Chosen Chaos Space Marines 175
    3 Flamers, 1 pair Lightning claws, 1 Power Fist, Icon of Slaanesh, 1 Meltabomb
    Needs more ablative wounds. I'd drop the Lightning claws, Powerfist, Meltabomb and IoS out, this gives you enough points for 3 more marines, one with a flamer. This also gives you the points to upgrade the commander above to WoC.

Another idea is drop them completely to afford other things.

4 terminators 155
    Heavy flamer, chainfist, icon of slaanesh.
    Chainfist AND IoS? Kinda work against eachother. I'd swap the Icon for combi flamers on the other 3 models. Kind of the 'CoD/Infantry killer Karmoon Special'.

10 chaos space marines 205
    flamerx2, Rhino, chaos glory
    I like it, but if they get in CC with a walker they are dead.

flamerx2, chaos glory
    Needs a rhino, also see above.

flamerx2, chaos glory
    I'd probably drop these too, to afford more Anti Tank units.

8 Khorne Berserkers 243
    I like these, very much.

8 Chaos Raptors 240
    aspiring champion with lightning claws, meltagunx2, icon of slaanesh
    These will serve you well, amazing. Altohugh I do prefer powerfists on their champions, because then they can deal with anything in CC.

I would seriously consider some obliterators in this force, as you sincerely lack anti tank. I know tanks arent abundant in CoD, but obliterators can deal with anything. I would change the list to look like this:

Sorcerer Lord 145 (Join with Terminators)
    terminator armor, WoC

4 terminators 155
    Heavy flamer, chainfist, 3x Combi-Flamer.

10 chaos space marines 245
    Asp Champ w/ Powerfist, flamerx2, Rhino, chaos glory

10 chaos space marines 245
    Asp Champ w/ Powerfist, flamerx2, Rhino, chaos glory

8 Khorne Berserkers 243

8 Chaos Raptors 240
    aspiring champion with Lightning Claws, meltagunx2, icon of slaanesh

Obliterator 75

Obliterator 75

Obliterator 75

I was planning on only putting in two obliterators, but the points were there for a third. I would say they are great in anything, CoD being no exclusion. They can use Twin Linked flamers to incinerate enemies hiding in buildings, and have other weaponry for tanks, and the like.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input. ill see what i can do about some obliterators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well obliterators are useful they will die pretty quick just in one man units. I think if you want to use them effectively then you need to be ready to give a chunk of your points to them and go at least 2 units of 2. It may not seem like alot of points but in any marine army points are limited.

Now i think noise marines are pretty cool. 8 of them with sonic blasters are 200 points but they can movie and fire there weapons. that combined with rhinos being able to transport any unit that can go in it you could drop off your marines in a more useful place and come back and get the noise marines and plop them on a objective. Once they have stood on the objective for a turn they are going to pump out 3 bolter shots a marine.

The problem deep strikeing your termies and sorc is they may not come down together. You have to roll seperate for each one. You may want to consider a Deamon Prince its going to be about the same price as your sorc, but he his stronger tougher has one more wound, cant be isnta killed and insta kills t3 hq's. This would also give you some more tank kiling ability.

Speaking of tank killing... Simply put some combi meltas on your termies and the can come in near tank and pop it. Also small units of chosen are sorta cheap and armed with say three meltas they can come in come in off a table edge and smack a tank a good one. One or both of those combined with your power fist champ in the zerks and the melta raptors gives a ok tank killing ability.

So basicly things i like more than 1ksons for the points you listed.
    - some chosen with melta guns
    -oblits
    - possesed vidicator.
    - Deamon prince.
    -plaque marines
    - noise marines
    - getting some rhinos
    - pumping up your terminators to 5 or 6 and giveing the combi weapons.

Sooooo. What jumps out at you in the chaos book... whats your favorite unit? How do you think you want to play? Give us some ideas on your style maybe we can narrow down your army choices a little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coenono View Post
    Well obliterators are useful they will die pretty quick just in one man units. I think if you want to use them effectively then you need to be ready to give a chunk of your points to them and go at least 2 units of 2. It may not seem like alot of points but in any marine army points are limited.

Now i think noise marines are pretty cool. 8 of them with sonic blasters are 200 points but they can movie and fire there weapons. that combined with rhinos being able to transport any unit that can go in it you could drop off your marines in a more useful place and come back and get the noise marines and plop them on a objective. Once they have stood on the objective for a turn they are going to pump out 3 bolter shots a marine.

The problem deep strikeing your termies and sorc is they may not come down together. You have to roll seperate for each one. You may want to consider a Deamon Prince its going to be about the same price as your sorc, but he his stronger tougher has one more wound, cant be isnta killed and insta kills t3 hq's. This would also give you some more tank kiling ability.

Speaking of tank killing... Simply put some combi meltas on your termies and the can come in near tank and pop it. Also small units of chosen are sorta cheap and armed with say three meltas they can come in come in off a table edge and smack a tank a good one. One or both of those combined with your power fist champ in the zerks and the melta raptors gives a ok tank killing ability.

So basicly things i like more than 1ksons for the points you listed.
    - some chosen with melta guns
    -oblits
    - possesed vidicator.
    - Deamon prince.
    -plaque marines
    - noise marines
    - getting some rhinos
    - pumping up your terminators to 5 or 6 and giveing the combi weapons.

Sooooo. What jumps out at you in the chaos book... whats your favorite unit? How do you think you want to play? Give us some ideas on your style maybe we can narrow down your army choices a little
    well, as a necron player on the side (chaos is a new venture for me) i liked the idea of the phalanx. i used low armor (destroyers were closest), and keep a slow advance while letting nothing get past you.essentially, my troops, HQ and heavy support are the core, while raptors and terminators are the edges (raptors can immobilize armor and let it get swallowed up, while terminators destroy anything on the other flank)

+ Reply to Thread