Daeth Guard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Daeth Guard Army

This is what I have at the moment. I want it at 1750 pts tournament style, and it needs some tweaking I think. Suggestions?

Daemon prince, Mark of Nurgle, Wings, Warptime. [175 pts]

7 Plague marines, 2 plasma guns, 1 champion upgrade with power fist, rhino with Havoc Launcher. [281 pts]
    7 Plague marines, 2 plasma guns, 1 champion upgrade with power fist, rhino with Havoc Launcher. [281 pts]
    7 Plague marines, 2 meltaguns, 1 champion upgrade with power fist, rhino with Havoc Launcher. [271 pts]

7 Raptors, 2 flamers, Icon of Nurgle, 1 champion upgrade with power fist. [240 pts]
    7 Raptors, 2 flamers, Icon of Nurgle, 1 champion upgrade with power fist. [240 pts]

1 Predator, Lascannon sponsons. [130 pts]
    1 Predator, Lascannon sponsons. [130 pts]

Army total: 1748 pts

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; September 21st, 2008 at 06:32.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

All looks good. I would be tempted to drop some or all the havoc launchers for combimeltas on the rhinos.

Also make at least one raptor squad equipped with meltaguns. I have hardly ever seen a model use a flamer more than once per game so I think that meltas in the squads and possibly combiflamers on the champions or transports makes more sense.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

The flamers and the Havoc Launchers are my anti-Ork security. If there is something that will totally eat me and my very few numbers up it's Orks and their frigging close combat. I need to thin them out and deal with them on my own terms. So getting some templates and blastmarkers gets the job done. It also provides me with some mobile armoured firepower.
    Thats what I'm thinking at least. My Predators takes care of whatever threatens them, or very fast transports.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I'd think about swapping the flamers on one raptor unit for the meltaguns, your PM's are more resilient in combat.

Have you thought about losing one of the raptor squads for lesser daemons? I recently played in a tournament and used a unit of 7. They were very solid peformers.

Overall your list looks effective, just a bit on the cookie cutter dull side for my liking. No offense meant.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I'd think about swapping the flamers on one raptor unit for the meltaguns, your PM's are more resilient in combat.
    But Raptors dictate movement better and strike at better initiative. Tough choice, and now I've already modelled the figs already. Forge World Death Guard Plague Marines with possessed wings and legs holding flamers look awesome. I'll post pics when they're done.

This list is made for tournament, so it's a bit cookie cutter, I know. I'm currently thinking of reducing the Raptor squads to 6 and giving the Plague Champs combiflamers. It's cool to have them at sacred numbers, but also flamers are nice. Worth it?
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; September 23rd, 2008 at 00:23.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That's fair enough.

I'm not sure you really need the combi-flamers. But you know what you're facing better than I do.

I would leave the raptors at 7, I like the sacred numbers myself. Maybe drop the Icon off one unit for the combi-flamers?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread