ard boyz round 2 2500 list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

ard boyz round 2 2500 list

well i made it to the second round and i am changing my list as some of the units i used did nothing for some of the missions. well here is the list,

sorcerer, winged, mos, lash

daemon prince, winged, mot, warptime, boc

x5 terminatrs, x4 combi-plasma, heavy flamer, x1 chain fist

x8 noise marines

x8 noise marines

x9 thousand sons, asp- doombolt, melta bombs, rino

x9 khorn bezerkers, champion, power fist, rino

x9 khorn bezerkers, champion, power fist, rino

x7 plague marines, x2 plasma guns, asp, power fist, rino

predator- heavy bolters, autocannons, havoc launcher

predator, autocannon, lascannons

predator, autocannon, lascannons

dreadnought, extra close combat

not sure if i want to use a dreadnought, but the model is amazing and its huge to block los. otherwise this is close to what i used before -the plague for a unit of possessed which did nothing for me. i want to throw in some personal icons for the terminators if i can find some points, i also am thinking of getting a vindicator for the list but not sure what to take out fo it. i went 3 games with all massecure results, so i am hoping i do the same this round with this list. thoughts on the list. thanks

Last edited by Stinger989; September 22nd, 2008 at 02:40.
    Chaos W/D/L 48/12/18 almost retired
    Orks W/D/L 13/0/0 Still going strong
    Space Marins in the making (Salamanders)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'd probably take off the Bolt of Change from the Daemon Prince. Being a monstrous creature with warp time should let him handle armor with ease most of the time. Maybe switch out for Wind of Chaos or Doombolt.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

any other thoughts on the list, this is what i am thinking of bringing to the tourny so all feed back is much welcome and appricated

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I'd consider getting some personal icons in the army to help those termies out. With such large armies playing scatter could be devestating.

Maybe drop one of the khornate units to a 8 man squad (fluffier anyway) to add a few icons to the list.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

ok so i decided to drop the dreadnought and the powerfist ff of one of the berzerker squads, and add a power weapon to the berzerker squad, a greater daemon that will posses someone, and two chaos icons for the therminators that will be deepstriking. thoughts son that and if anyone has any good advice on a greater deamon or tactics. i think that a deamon comming on from the squad that is already up the board could be very devestating to the enemies plans/ game play.

thoughts on the changes?

i could also keep everything the same and instead boost the bezerker squads to 10 men squads, and instead of the plague marine squad take a unit of x8 chosen with 5 flamers, a rhino, and a asp. that way i got a sacrifice for the greater deamon, they can flank if i want them too and i still have 10pts left over for two personal icons. thoughts on this? what do you think would work better for the list the plague marines or the choosen with the flamers?>
    Last edited by Stinger989; October 8th, 2008 at 06:24.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Are the Kill Point modifications still in effect for the 2nd round like they were in the first? If so, you might not want to have easy to kill HQ choices... the DP and GD could be a pretty easy 6 KP's your opponent could get with some basic heavy weaponry. Maybe trade the DP for a 2nd lash sorc to ride in a rhino with one of your troops. Wings doesn't even prevent him from getting in one, which is cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

do you really think that it is worth using two lashes? i was debating it but not sure if it would be worth it or not. thoughts about that people? i would have 55 points left if i got rid of the deamon prince and got another lash sorcerer. do youthink that my list would benifit from the two lash list?

+ Reply to Thread