1500 Black Legion vs. Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Black Legion vs. Orks

I have a game against an ork player in a couple of days, his army usually has a big mek with a shokk attack gun, lootas, burnas, 2 or 3 big mobs of boys, a warboss and some nobz in mega armour.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Sorcerer w/TDA, MoN, Rot(150)
    Summoned GD
    4 Termies w/heavy flamer adn 1 fist(135)
    8 Noise Marines with blasters, champ with doom siren, power weapon(245)
    7 plague marines with champ with power weapon, rhino with havoc launcher(241)
    8 berzerkers with champ with power weapon, rhino(233)
    Land raider(for the termies + sorc)
    Defiler with 2 extra CCws

This leaves me 26 points. I couls add another Noise marine with that. Any suggestions? I don't have any flamer models for my plague marines, only plasma guns, but if I had to have a unit charged by orks, they're the most likely to survive.

"Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men." - Jean Rostand

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still a noob, but I appreciate 3 combi weps (flamers in this case) on my Terminators (I always have them with combies to diversify in any battle without worrying about points).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: OK but I would prefer a cheap daemon prince and use him to counter the mega armour orks. As he is he travels with termies (good against armoured infantry) but is a anti hord character hiself. GD is ok but who do you plan on bringing him out from and why does that individual have a power weapon?

Elites: I wouldn't put them in the land raider but give them all combi plasma and use them against the armoured targets either standing in line or deepstriking.

Troops: Noise marines are over equipped. Either take all sonic blasters and no champion or take a champion & siren and no sonics. As the siren is AP3 it is a glorified normal flamer against orks with no real benefit. Go with all sonics and no champ.

Palgue marines: Take 2 plasma guns and footslog. Stand and fire at long range then move to rappid fire when they get near and absorb their charge. A powerfist would be good. Try to keep them in cover to insure you attack orks first when they get charged to kil 4 and remove 12 attacks and then the blight grenades kick in.

Berserkers: Give these guys the land raider and upgrade them to 10. On the charge you kill 3 orks with pistols then about 15 with combat. The surviving 12 orks may kill 2-3 of you then take another 10-11 casualties from fearless saves! you are then safe from shooting in combat with about 2-4 orks during his turn.

Heavy: LR is good with berserkers inside. Defiler is ok to shoot pie plates ar mobs then charge on later turns. Either assault mega armoured units (instant killing them) or to tie up a huge mob for ages until his power claw eventually kills you.

Dropping the noise marine champion and 2 rhinos (that aren't really needed against orks) can pay for more berserkers, more kit for the PMs or maybe even a small squad of CSMs with champion (for the greater daemon) and a flamer.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GD will come out of whom ever it is best at the time that he's comes in. That's why I put a bunch of champions in.

Providing he uses roughly the same list he used the last time I saw him play, which he likely will since he doesn't ahve that many models, hes heaviest armour will be 2 trucks and about 4 or 5 meganobs.

Good point on the NM, I will proabably keep just a naked champ in with them, just for GD backup.

Are plasma guns even useful against orks? I'd rather spend the 30 points elsewhere.

I'm concerned about objectives if I drop all of my rhinos.
    "Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men." - Jean Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

What other models do you have that you can take?
    HQ: Id suggest a Daemon Prince as well to give you extra bite in combat against the tougher Orks. I like the idea of the anti-horde sorcerer though. Not sure about the Greater Daemon. By itself-ok its just where it comes from is the problem.

Elites: Id hesitate against taking Terminators against Orks to be honest. (throwback from the old Choppa rule). How are you planning on using them? As fire support or assualt orientated? If fire support give them combi-flamers if you can. See heavy for the comment on the Landraider. As assault hold them back and counter chargeor use them to tie up a larger squad of boyz. Or drop them to add another squad of troops.

Troops: As madcat said all sonic and no other upgrades.

Plague marines: The plasma will be wasted on normal boyz so pick something tougher and target that. Or drop them and add another PM and position them so they receive the main charge and get the benefit from the blight grenades.

Berserkers: No problem. Keep the Rhino. If you want to be sneaky remember than other units can use it as well.

Heavy: Drop the Land Raider altogether. The terminators can deepstrike if you need to or else hold them back to counter charge. You can use the points better elsewhere in a battle this size so add another bezerker squad or a squad of normal CSMs with flamer.
    Defilers.-Same as Madcat said really.
    Consider adding a unit of Havocs if you can with the extra points. Id suggest all heavy bolters. Thatll keep the numbers of the boyz down.

Id always favour large numbers of troops against Orks-i find small elite units dont last very long when they get outnumbered in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of dropping the Land Raider. It's not going to cause swathes of dammage to his lines or anything, so it will never make it's points back in any situation I can think of. The only reason I can think of to keep it is to practically guarentee it eill let whatever's in it get the charge.

I was planning on using the termies to disrupt their lines with that heavy flamer and the sorc's rot.

I have roughly 6-7000 points of chaos based on what I brought to my last Apoc game. I don't have any fast attack(chaos fast attack fails to impress me), Tsons or any tanks other than rhinos. Everything else I've got something for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

What other models do you have that you can take?
    HQ: Id suggest a Daemon Prince as well to give you extra bite in combat against the tougher Orks. I like the idea of the anti-horde sorcerer though. Not sure about the Greater Daemon. By itself-ok its just where it comes from is the problem.

Elites: Id hesitate against taking Terminators against Orks to be honest. (throwback from the old Choppa rule). How are you planning on using them? As fire support or assualt orientated? If fire support give them combi-flamers if you can. See heavy for the comment on the Landraider. As assault hold them back and counter chargeor use them to tie up a larger squad of boyz. Or drop them to add another squad of troops.

Troops: As madcat said all sonic and no other upgrades.

Plague marines: The plasma will be wasted on normal boyz so pick something tougher and target that. Or drop them and add another PM and position them so they receive the main charge and get the benefit from the blight grenades.

Berserkers: No problem. Keep the Rhino. If you want to be sneaky remember than other units can use it as well.

Heavy: Drop the Land Raider altogether. The terminators can deepstrike if you need to or else hold them back to counter charge. You can use the points better elsewhere in a battle this size so add another bezerker squad or a squad of normal CSMs with flamer.
    Defilers.-Same as Madcat said really.
    Consider adding a unit of Havocs if you can with the extra points. Id suggest all heavy bolters. Thatll keep the numbers of the boyz down.

Id always favour large numbers of troops against Orks-i find small elite units dont last very long when they get outnumbered in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a revised list. I wonder if I could find room for my CC dead

Sorcerer w/TDA, MoN, Rot
    Summoned GD
    4 Termies w/heavy flamer, 1 fist, IoCG
    8 Noise Marines with blasters, champ with doom siren, power weapon
    8 plague marines with champ with power weapon
    10 berzerkers with champ with power weapon, rhino
    10 marines with 2 flamers, IoCG, champ with power weapon, rhino with havoc launcher
    Defiler with 2 extra CCws
    Last edited by Henshini; September 25th, 2008 at 16:07.

+ Reply to Thread