1000pt friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pt friendly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt friendly

As i mainly play against space marines, i kept this in mind, however this list is designed to be able to take on everyone hopefully.

Daemon Prince [155]
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Lash of Submission
    Wings

Daemon Prince [155]
    Warptime
    Wings

Chaos Space Marines [190]
    10 Marines
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon
    2 Flamers

Chaos Space Marines [170]
    10 Marines
    2 Meltaguns

Chaos Space Marines [180]
    10 Marines
    2 Plasmaguns

Obliterator

Obliterator

It should come up to 1000pt flat. I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to have another daemon prince or to flesh out my troops some more with champions?

Alternatively i was thinking i could add another squad of chaos marines with plasma guns instead of the obliterators, taking out the aspiring champion in the flamer squad. This would then leave me with no long range firepower but i would have 40 marines on the board with 2 daemon princes.

Usually the Daemon Princes are good for killing tanks/scaring the opponent so the troops can move forward without too much being shot at them while the oblits give heavy weapon support missing from the chaos space marines.

I would appreciate some comments on this list.
    Thanks

Last edited by GrimZAG; September 24th, 2008 at 17:12. Reason: smilies were messing up my points in the list
    Strength is knowing your weakness

THIS IS SPARTA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Drop the flamers from that CSM squad (or drop 1 flamer at least) and give the 2nd Daemon Prince the mark of Slannesh as well as Warptime. Brings his Initiative value up so he will strike before annoying marine hqs.

Drop the Lash Prince if you are dropping one and give the CSM squads champions with power weapons. Marines tend to bounce off each other in combat so ignoring saves will help.

Obliterators work well in small battles despite the cost. Keep both.

+ Reply to Thread