1500 Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Mech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Mech

Daemon Prince – Wings, Warptime [155]

10 Chaos Space Marines – 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory, Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Rhino

[255]

10 Chaos Space Marines – 2 Flamers, Icon of Chaos Glory, Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Combi-Flamer
    [265]

7 Plague Marines - Champ with power fist, 2 Plasma guns, Rhino [266]

9 Khorne Berserkers – 2 Plasma Pistol, Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino [294]

Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons [130]

Ok, so the idea is for the army to be flexible, so it can shoot enemy CC units and get into CC with the enemies firepower. Not at all experienced with chaos, so any and all comments are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    Daemon Prince – Wings, Warptime [155].
    Good all around Daemon Prince, Warp Time is quite useful and worth the points. I also really like Wind of Chaos, it's like a template weapon that kill on 4+.

10 Chaos Space Marines – 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory, Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Rhino
    Great setup for a basic CSM squad. I always add an Havoc Launcher to the rhino, so it's usefulness don't stop when the troops are out in the open.
    10 Chaos Space Marines – 2 Flamers, Icon of Chaos Glory, Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Rhino, Combi-Flamer
    [265].
    The idea of a flaming squad is great but it won't work well against troops with a high armor save or high toughness. What I recommend in this case is to to give your 2 squads of CSM the same setup depending of your opponent. Against Orks and Tyranid go with this setup, for the rest, go with the 2 meltaguns setup. Also I would add an Havoc Launcher on that rhino as well.
    7 Plague Marines - Champ with power fist, 2 Plasma guns, Rhino [266]]
    Give this squad 2 meltaguns instead of the plasma guns. Your Plague Marines will end up being your most reliabe unit and most of the time you will send it right after the Berserker squad to go take (and keep) an objective. With 2 meltaguns they can go tank hunting and you will be able to fire your meltaguns before assaulting the ennemy position. It's the best setup for a Plague Marine squad.

9 Khorne Berserkers – 2 Plasma Pistol, Skull Champion, Powerfist, Rhino [294].
    Berserker have Furious Charge, if you give a Power Fist to the champion he will strike last. On a charge he have 5 I5, S5 attacks so he have a lot of chance to kill many models that won't get a chance to retaliate. If you're afraid that he will run into a tank give him some Meltabombs. Also if you to stay true to the fluff you can remove one Berserker so this squad will have Khorne sacred number wich is 8. Also you should remove the Plasma Pistols, they are too unreliable for what they give and it's really sad to see an expensive model go up in smoke because of a bad roll.

Good all around Firepower and quite cheap for 2 mobile Lascannons. Good choice for your heavy support.

In conclusion, your list look solid, you should enjoy playing it. You have a good amount of fire power and a good amount of CC elements. You have the mobility of a mechanised force and 4 troops are more than enought for objective keeping/grabbing.

If you extend it to 2000 pts be sure to include a Defiler and a squad of Raptors, they are worth it and would complement this force quite well. You could also include another Daemon Prince, they are great models and they can wreak serious havoc against almost any type of troops.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I would like to see a mark here such as MoN or MoT for survivability.

Troops 1: Perfect.
    Troops 2: I would make them the same as Troops 1.
    Troops 3: Keep them armed with plasmas as they suffer less from overheating and their blight grenades mean they don't really mind rappid firing and being charged in enemy turns.
    Troops 4: Use power weapon on the champion to take advantage of furious charge. I would probably drop the plasma pistol for points. dropping one berserker as Thyr suggests would also free a few points for the HQ to get MoN.

Heavy: Good.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the comments, I'll list through my own thoughts:

HQ - Probably would be for the best to go for a mark, though I don't want to upset the fluff too much. Unsure about which mark though.

Troop 2 - I saw some flamers in a SM squad very similar to this one yesterday, and even though they were hosing down gaunts, they didn't seem very effective at all. Will swap for a second melta squad (including the combi flamer).

Troops 3 - Keeping this squad exactly as they are - their awesome.

Troops 4 - Will definately drop the plasmas, now I come to think of it, they are of course going to blow when I least need them to. I gave the champ a powerfist as I thought it would him to get more kills, but have just done the maths and both the fist and weapon come out with the same number of MEQ kills. Will equip the champ with meltabombs instead.

Now, the thing is I don't think 23 bolters are enough to deal with the 150+ models Orks and Tyranids can put on the table. Without the flamer squad, I have nothing to specifically combat swarms. So what should I add and take away? Combi-flamers for all? Havoc Launchers for the rhinos? Drop the lascannons on one of the Predators?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The daemon prince seems a bit wrong in a mech force, have you thought about using a sorcerer instead and joining one of the rhino squads?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the DP is perfectly fine in the list - he's another target for all high str, low ap weaponry my enemy has.

So, I've been thinking about my anti-horde problems, and I htink I've got an idea:

8 Noise Marines - 7 Sonic Blasters, Champion, Power Weapon, Meltabombs, Doom Siren, Rhino (anyone add this up for me? left my codex elsewhere)

Should kill around 8 orks per turn from shooting, or can assault and murder quite a few marines between the high I attacks and the doom siren. Would swap out the flamer squad for this squad.

+ Reply to Thread