1750 pt Nightlords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

1750 pt Nightlords

HQ

Lord, Powerweapon, combi-melta

Elite

6 Chosen (2 Plasma Guns) [Inflitrate and put pressure on early]

Troops

6 Furies [Lesser Daemons]

10 Marines (lazcannon, plasma gun, champ with fist) [sit on objective in my deployment zone]

9 Marines (flamer, champ with fist and rhino) [Lord goes here]

Fast Attack

5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 plasma guns, champ with fist)

5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 melta guns, champ with fist)

5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 flamers, champ with fist)

Heavy Support

Predator (Autocannon turret, lazcannon sponsons)

2 Obliterators

Comes to 1750pts.

I have only 3 scoring units but it doesn't concern me overly as I have plenty of units that can contest. I think I have all my bases covered by if you guys see any holes in my strategy then please comment.

I am dedicated to sticking to the Nightlords theme. So max Fast Attack and only two heavies. And no princes. Thanks.

Last edited by Skarsgard; October 3rd, 2008 at 01:25.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I am not very big on bikes...they are very expensive. I would drop a unit of bikers for some raptors with asp. champ and meltas, but that is just me. Other then that the list looks good.

~Meeshie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Thanks Meeshie, I like the bikers as no one really takes them anymore. I have 40 odd raptors spread amongst my various armies and I think I would prefer to use the bikers in this list. I'll have a think about it.

Thanks for the comments.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I would put the Lord on a Bike. That way he becomes more dangerous, tougher and nastier. Also a Lord on a Bike fit their fluff amazingly. With the Lord on a Bike you can give the last troops-squad an extra dude and also an extra special or heavy weapon. You might need that as you only have 3 scoring units. Let the troops sit tight and hold objectives as your bikes does all the carnage. Also ditch the pred or get another one. If you have 2 tanks and one is a rhino and the other is a predator, which one do you think will get shot? Preds should be used in pairs. 2 preds takes some heat away from the bikes. Much needed indeed, also takes heat away from your footslogging marines which are the most important 2 units you got.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; October 3rd, 2008 at 15:29.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I would do it like this:

Lord, (Powerweapon, combi-melta, bike) 145 pts
    6 Chosen (2 Plasma Guns) [Inflitrate and put pressure on early] 138 pts
    6 Furies [Lesser Daemons] 84 pts
    10 Marines (lazcannon, plasma gun, champ with p-weapon) [sit on objective in my deployment zone] 225 pts
    10 Marines (lazcannon, plasma gun, champ with p-weapon) [footsloggs to other objective] 225 pts
    4 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 meltaguns, champ with fist) [Lord joins this unit] 202 pts
    5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 plasma guns, champ with fist) 245 pts
    5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 flamers, champ with fist) 225 pts
    Predator (Autocannon turret, lazcannon sponsons) 130 pts

Total: 1749

Let the marines footslogg and set up firing positions at the objectives. Rush enemy with bikes and target armour with preds. Summon daemons near other objectives and engage enemies that threaten the daemons. Use infiltrators to deal with enemy suits, termies or other nasties that disrups your plan. The CSM squads could use the IoK to be able to clear held objectives fast.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; October 3rd, 2008 at 21:22.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post
    I would do it like this:

Lord, (Powerweapon, combi-melta, bike) 145 pts
    6 Chosen (2 Plasma Guns) [Inflitrate and put pressure on early] 138 pts
    6 Furies [Lesser Daemons] 84 pts
    10 Marines (lazcannon, plasma gun, champ with p-weapon) [sit on objective in my deployment zone] 225 pts
    10 Marines (lazcannon, plasma gun, champ with p-weapon) [footsloggs to other objective] 225 pts
    4 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 meltaguns, champ with fist) 202 pts
    5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 plasma guns, champ with fist) 245 pts
    5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 flamers, champ with fist) 225 pts

Total: 1749

Let the marines footslogg and set up firing positions at the objectives. Rush enemy with bikes and target armour with preds. Summon daemons near other objectives and engage enemies that threaten the daemons. Use infiltrators to deal with enemy suits, termies or other nasties that disrups your plan. The CSM squads could use the IoK to be able to clear held objectives fast.
    I like this list a lot better. Seems like it will be much more effective. Just remember those marine squads cannot move and shoot the heavy weapons. That was something I would always forget when I would give them heavy weapons. The overall list looks really good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

HQ

Lord, Daemon Weapon, Bike, Personal Icon

Elite

5 Chosen (2 Plasma Guns) [Inflitrate and put pressure on early]

Troops

10 Furies [Lesser Daemons]

10 Marines (lazcannon, plasma gun, champ with fist) [sit on objective in my deployment zone]

10 Marines, Icon of Chaos Glory (2 meltas, champ with fist and rhino)

Fast Attack

5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 plasma guns, champ with fist)

5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 melta guns, champ with fist)

5 bikers (icon of Chaos Glory, 2 flamers, champ with fist)

Heavy Support

2 Obliterators

Comes to 1750pts.

I decided to put the lord on the bike, for the same points though I could get a Lash Sorcerer on a bike to bring units into assault range, but I think it is fluffier to stay undivided.

The lesser daemons are in two 5 man squads to act as either shock troops or objective grabbers. I dropped the predator, the rhino is more as mobile cover.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Night Lords are elite. I would dump those daemons for a Sorc on bike. That's just too cool. I'm not too sure about the obies though...

+ Reply to Thread