1500pts Crimson Eagles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Crimson Eagles

Lord w/ Termi armour, MoS, Demon Weapon, Combi-melta (155)

4 Termi's w/ 1 Champion, Reaper, Chainfist (170)

10 Chaos Marines w/ Champion, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, IoK, Plasma Gun (240)

10 Chaos Marines w/ Champion, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, IoK, Plasma Gun (240)

10 Chaos Marines w/ Champion, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, IoK, Plasma Gun (250)

10 Berzerkers w/ Champion, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Personal icon (255)

Berzerker Rhino w/ Pintle Mounted Twin-linked Bolter (40)

Defiler w/ Extra Close combat weapon instead of flamer (150)

Any thoughts? I havent played it yet but intend 2 in next few days against any 1.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Big fish in a little pond raytard22's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Revan_101 View Post

Any thoughts? I havent played it yet but intend 2 in next few days against any 1.
    Just a few comments, I'd drop the reaper on the termi's in favor of combi plasma or melta for the rest of the squad...
    For your CSM squads, I 'm not a fan of giving champions plasma pistols too risky, his job is to powerfist things not shoot things, if you must make him dakka try combi melta...
    IoK + rapid fire weapons don't equal synergy... I'd trade out the plasma guns for melta guns...
    Also you may wanna rethink 1 rhino, and 1 walker.... having very few tanks against say tau or shooty marines means dead tanks on turn 1 often...

Pirate Chaos Space Marine Mechatius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

I don't see anything wrong here. It's a simple and cheap build. Can't really go bad with those.

Here, I think the terminators are killy enough without the expensive champion upgrade. Also, most people think the reaper is too expensive.
    In almost all lists containing terminators on this forum, you will find people use what is referred to as a "Karmoon special", 3-4 terminators with combi-plasma and 1 terminator with heavy flamer and powerfist of chainfist.
    That being said, it's all upp to you really and basic terminators without upgrades ain't bad and if you want the reaper, by all means, use it.

Ok, here you really should switch the plasma pistol for another plasma gun in the squad, or at least move the pistol from the champion. He's not a better shot and he dies just as easily from overheating and if he does, that is one expensive suicide. (about 1/4 of the entire unit cost actually...)
    Also, many people favor the practice of sticking a powerfist in all regular squads. One reason for this is that if they get into combat with a dreadnought, they've no way of dealing with it and no way out but running.

Looking good, apart from the plasma pistol on the champion.

Looking good, once again from the plasma pistol on the champion. Here, many people do as you do and stick with a power weapon on the champion to make use of the initiative bonus from furious charge.

Good, solid unit. People seem split halfway about whether or not to take the weapon upgrade. The reason being the ability to stand one more weapon destroyed/immobilized before being wrecked. I personally think it's a rare occasion when this will save you, but I don't have hard statistics on it. Then again, it's very few points we're talking about.

Good. Some people change the reaper for yet another close combat weapon, some don't change anything and some do as you do. It's all a matter of taste really.

Overall:
    You are lacking in the anti tank department: If your opponent brings a few tanks, you'd be hard pressed to take them out. You have one powerfist and a battlecannon. Sure enough, you could use plasma guns on side and rear armor, but once again, you'd be hard pressed to get those shot.
    I would add more power fists and exchange a few of the plasma guns for melta guns. However, even with that you'll be lacking in long range anti tank. Either get an obliterator or two, some havocs or a predator with lascannon sponsons.

You have too much or too little armour: You have a rhino and a defiler. I'd be suprised if you had any of them by the end of turn 2.
    Many people use either rhinos for all units or none. If they use rhinos, they tend to take vehicle heavy support units such as predators, vindicators and defilers. The reason is that if you have only a few armoured pieces, it'll be easy enough to concentrate fire on one of them at the time and take them out. Your opponent would probably concentrate on taking out the rhino on turn 1 (shouldn't be too hard) and then move on to the defiler on turn 2. If you had 3 rhinos and 2 or 3 additional vehicles, at least some of them would live to do their task.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Mechatius; October 10th, 2008 at 09:22. Reason: My spelling is crap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised List

10 Chaos Marines w/ Champion, Power Weapon, IoK, Plasma Gun (225)

Berzerker Rhino (35)

Predator w/ turret mounted lascannon, sponson lascannons (165)

You guys make a lot of really good points so here is the revised list, I really like having a fun and characterful list that can still be played competitively. The Predator will do its best to deal with enemy armour, as well as fexes and the like. I know that i still have very little armour but it is not designed to survive. The Predator is there to stop potential threats like vindicators and leman Russ. The main purpose of the berzerkers is to get as close to the enemy unit/vehicle that is likely to cause me the mopst harm and let the lord terminators deep strike to them. Since the lord causes instant death he can butcher any multi-wound model as long as he doesn't roll a 1 for working out his extra attacks. The termi's are a fire fighting team dedicated to ripping up my opponents aces in close combat. With a chainfist they can cheerfully total a tank and the reaper can be used to shoot into the side or rear of a vehicle on the turn they deep strike. If I am playing a horde army i can rapid fire with my bolters before counter atacking. The Chaos Marine squads are designed to hold objectives, very important in 5th Ed.

I was considerind switchin a chaos marine squad for a Noise Marine squad with blastmaster and sonic blasters to pin enemy troops and hold any home objectives.

Any more ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly suggest you take those plasma pistols off the champs. Trust me I have had plasma pistols on bezerker champs before, and when they died it broke my heart, so I took them off. You can try it yourself, but you will see that its not worth them dying like that.

If you do decide to take off the Plasma pistols then put give a plasma gun to a squad member. It is much more effective.

Also it looks like your squads have mostly short range weapons, you should think about using rhinos for them to make them faster.
    Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them

-Obi-wan Kenobi

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechatius View Post
    I don't see anything wrong here. It's a simple and cheap build. Can't really go bad with those.

Here, I think the terminators are killy enough without the expensive champion upgrade. Also, most people think the reaper is too expensive.
    In almost all lists containing terminators on this forum, you will find people use what is referred to as a "Karmoon special", 3-4 terminators with combi-plasma and 1 terminator with heavy flamer and powerfist of chainfist.
    That being said, it's all upp to you really and basic terminators without upgrades ain't bad and if you want the reaper, by all means, use it.

Ok, here you really should switch the plasma pistol for another plasma gun in the squad, or at least move the pistol from the champion. He's not a better shot and he dies just as easily from overheating and if he does, that is one expensive suicide. (about 1/4 of the entire unit cost actually...)
    Also, many people favor the practice of sticking a powerfist in all regular squads. One reason for this is that if they get into combat with a dreadnought, they've no way of dealing with it and no way out but running.

Looking good, apart from the plasma pistol on the champion.

Looking good, once again from the plasma pistol on the champion. Here, many people do as you do and stick with a power weapon on the champion to make use of the initiative bonus from furious charge.

Good, solid unit. People seem split halfway about whether or not to take the weapon upgrade. The reason being the ability to stand one more weapon destroyed/immobilized before being wrecked. I personally think it's a rare occasion when this will save you, but I don't have hard statistics on it. Then again, it's very few points we're talking about.

Good. Some people change the reaper for yet another close combat weapon, some don't change anything and some do as you do. It's all a matter of taste really.

Overall:
    You are lacking in the anti tank department: If your opponent brings a few tanks, you'd be hard pressed to take them out. You have one powerfist and a battlecannon. Sure enough, you could use plasma guns on side and rear armor, but once again, you'd be hard pressed to get those shot.
    I would add more power fists and exchange a few of the plasma guns for melta guns. However, even with that you'll be lacking in long range anti tank. Either get an obliterator or two, some havocs or a predator with lascannon sponsons.

You have too much or too little armour: You have a rhino and a defiler. I'd be suprised if you had any of them by the end of turn 2.
    Many people use either rhinos for all units or none. If they use rhinos, they tend to take vehicle heavy support units such as predators, vindicators and defilers. The reason is that if you have only a few armoured pieces, it'll be easy enough to concentrate fire on one of them at the time and take them out. Your opponent would probably concentrate on taking out the rhino on turn 1 (shouldn't be too hard) and then move on to the defiler on turn 2. If you had 3 rhinos and 2 or 3 additional vehicles, at least some of them would live to do their task.

Hope it helps!
    Well I think when making a assault you use a assault vehicle like a LR to screen your Rhinos, then screen your LR from Meltaguns by using the rhinos as 'walls' and the troops inside to cut them down.
    As for the list... How are you reducing casualties from a line of guns other than the obvious hug the cover and one side of the table...
    You need something that can take down Heavy Weapons so your troops can advance.
    Maybe some fire support... sorry i'm not familiar with chaos marines.
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

+ Reply to Thread