Friendly 1k Deathguard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly 1k Deathguard Army

going against 2 very heavy CC armies and another army thats a mix (its a big foreway, thats a last man standing kind of match)

HQ
    Typhus (225pts)

Troops
    5XPlague marines + 2 Flamers + Plague Champions (with Combi-flamer)(160pts)
    5XPlague marines + 2 Flamers (135pts)

Elites
    5X Terminator + Reaper Autocannon (185pts)

Heavy Support
    2X Obliterator Cult (150pts)
    Defiler + Twin Linked Lascannon (170pts)

You may notice im quite flamer heavy, this is mainly to deal with the mass of orkz and demons coming to shake my hand

Ive put some big guns in there (term with reaper, Defiler with Twin Linked Lascannon, and the Obliterator Cult for the sillyness of the amount of choice of weapons) to take out the main threats fast. not troops, unless I feel the troops are getting a tad too close, and unleash my cannon on them. but the main deterent of CC class is the 6flamer, 1 combi-flamer, 1 heavy flamer... and Typhus

I also realise that everyone on the field is looking to take out my defiler, Im not sure if the defiler will be able to take the punishment, it is my only vehicle. so I am quite concerned about the survivability of the defiler, an option i have thought about is taking another Obliterator and Term with Reaper.

Anyway, ive rambled on for too long now, Please any and all input appreciated
    Regards, Zham

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come To Grandfather Nurgle, Let Him Embrace You

With these changes your list should look something like this.

HQ
    Typhus (225pts)

Troops
    9X Plague marines + 2 Flamers + Plague Champions (with Combi-flamer)(242pts)
    8X Plague marines + 2 Flamers (194pts)
    8X Plague Marines + Flamer (189)

Elites
    4X Terminator + 3 Combi-Plasmas + Hv Flamer + Powerfist (150pts)

Please leave the netspeak at home. There was too much to edit so I deleted the offending areas. When you wish to post in english; please feel free to edit this pot.
    Skar
    Last edited by Skarsgard; November 26th, 2008 at 22:12. Reason: removed netspeak

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not an objective base mission, just last man standing. so theres no need for the extra troops. and i wasnt planning on killing tanks by assaulting, blow them up from long range with my 4 big guns (all of which you removed from the list hehe) before they get close would be the plan, thining the numbers, making it alot easier for flamers to ive also had a rethink, i dont really need the Twin Linked Lascannon on the defiler, if i take 2 Close combat weapon he can wipe out entire squads, which would be nice, if sweet death didnt come to him so soon

I was also thinking about replacing typhus with a demon prince with lash, to maximise the use of flamers.

I am open to suggestions, but would like to stick to my plan of staying put and barrage them until they come to me thinned out.

I personally dont think i would do great trying to CC Orkz and Demons, not to mention Battle Sisters (found out today, thats the other team thats in the fourway) laying down the hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typhus in a 1k points? He seems very expensive and i personally think that a terminator lord or sorcerer would be a better bet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye, he is rather expensive for a 1k army, was thinking fluff be damned and supplementing him for a daemon prince with lash of submission

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it my armie is perfect then?

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Suck

Not a bad list, but against my orcs...........lets face it your gunna get your ass handed to ya. C U Next Tuesday ......unless i play marines....hmmmm...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm... old list is old? silly moo look at the date that was posted, that was when we was first getting into the game.

try my new list
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...knowledge.html (1000pt first tourney, guide me with your knowledge)

and yeah your probably right on both counts

+ Reply to Thread