1750 Infantry-only All Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Infantry-only All Comers

I am considering starting a CSM army (currently going between them, SM, and Tyranid). For the list I am focusing on infantry with Obliterators providing the AT and fire support.

===HQ===
    Chaos Lord: MoT; Wings; Daemon Weapon
    Daemon Prince: MoT; Wings; Warptime; Winds of Chaos

=These guys are going to fly around and go after targets of opportunity. I believe both should be able to cause a good amount of havoc both in shooting and in assault.

===Troops===
    1K Sons: Marine x8 + Sorcerer (Doombolt)
    Noise Marines: Marine x7; Sonic Blasters

=I originally had a good deal more 1K Sons but from what I have read and seen of 5th edition it seems really easy to give troops cover saves which seriously devalues the 1K sons. I kept one squad of them because I think they are pretty cool and if they *are* able to catch a MEQ squad in the open they can maul them. They Noise Marines are there for the volume of shots to deal with hordes (which I think would otherwise cause problems for the list) while alos being pretty good against MEQ and in assaults.

===Heavy Support===
    Obliterators: Obliterator x3
    Obliterators: Obliterator x2

=I love these guys. They are the AT of the list also providing support against TEQ (if the NM spam doesn't get them first).

===Total: 1749

+I realize the list is not going to be teribly fast but I am thinking that it should be able to steadily advance since everything in the army can fire on the move without too much of a penalty. I previously played Mech Tau so I don't have much experience with a footsloging force; does the reasoning above work or is it highly advisable to put them in transports?
    +I originally had Meltabombs on the Lord but dropped them to get under 1750. Would it be a good idea to drop a trooper somewhere to put them back?
    +Will the Obliterators provide sufficient AT for the majority of situations?
    +Do the NM provide enough against horde armies or should I look at replacing one of the Obliterators with a Vindicator or Defiler? I thought about doing this but I am concerned that it would die way too fast being the only vehicle in the list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

===HQ===
    Chaos Lord: MoT; Wings; Daemon Weapon
    Daemon Prince: MoT; Wings; Warptime; Winds of Chaos
    The demon prince is good, but there is no IC rule anymore so the lord can be shot down if hes not with a squad. I highly suggest you drop the wings on your lord and keep him with your noise marines as a counter charge.

===Troops===
    1K Sons: Marine x8 + Sorcerer (Doombolt)
    The noise marines don't have a transport so im assuming they will be sitting back, you should probably try to fit in some blastmasters. Also the 1k sons need a rhino, so they can get a chance to rapid fire.

===Heavy Support===
    Obliterators: Obliterator x2
    Well I love obliterators too, but this is kinda overkill. If they still had HBs I would say go for it, but they don't, so horde armies would run these guys over. I suggest dropping 3 of them and then you can get a vindicator maybe and put blasmasters on your noise marines.
    Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them

-Obi-wan Kenobi

+ Reply to Thread