Librarium Online Forums banner

2000 pts Khorne List - Unfriendly

464 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Decayed 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, here's my view on a full khorne assault list :)

HQ
160 - Chaos Lord - MoK, 2xLC, Combi-Melta, Wings
150 - Chaos Lord - MoK, Daemonic Weapon, Combi-Melta

Troops
269 - 9 Khorne Berzerkers - Power Fist, Personal Icon
Rhino
269 - 9 Khorne Berzerkers - Power Fist, Personal Icon
Rhino
258 - 9 Khorne Berzerkers - Power Weapon, Personal Icon
Rhino

78 - 6 Lesser Daemons
78 - 6 Lesser Daemons

Heavy Support
245 - Land Raider - Daemonic Possesion, Dozer Blades

Total - 1998 pts.

Pretty straightforward, but what can you expect from khorne followers :) Berzerkers deploy in land raiders, Rhinos provide cover for LR, lords join the berserkez of course. Lesser Deamons run for objectives on my side of deployment.

Any opinnions?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You don't need to get cover to the LRs. With their firepower they can easily dominate the AT scene. Good idea thjough
Also, I don't trust daemons. Use the zerkers to wipe out opposition. With LR transports, they won't have problem with finding new fights and engage effectively and fast.
A lone flying lord will get shot to pieces (with 2xLC AND combimelta?). Get Khârn instead of these two lords.

Use the land raiders to transport the berzerkers. Their Assault Vehicle rule is just too good to pass up, especially in an assaiult force. You hold back the land raiders first turns and bust the enemies anti-tank before you begin to advance on the softer targets. Land Raiders are the best way to ensure zerkers get the charge.

Dozer blades? Why?
Daemons? Why?
Use these points and the rhinopoints and try to get some termies with another land raider. 1 Land raider per 500pts is fairly tough to beat. In my calculations, if you remove the lords, daemons and rhinos you can afford a land raider with LC-termies and Khârn with 6 pts to spare. Removing the Dozer bades might give you enough to purchase an IoK to the termies.

#3 ·
You don't need to get cover to the LRs.
Cover is always good :)

A lone flying lord will get shot to pieces (with 2xLC AND combimelta?). Get Khârn instead of these two lords.
He's not alone, he will join one of the zerkers squads in a LR.
And no specials :)

Use the land raiders to transport the berzerkers. Their Assault Vehicle rule is just too good to pass up, especially in an assaiult force.
Anwser in previus post :
Berzerkers deploy in land raiders

Dozer blades? Why?
To get the reroll.

Daemons? Why?
Couse they are perfect to hold objectives in my deployment zone. Everything goes straight at the enemy, so I need something that can stay and hold objectives on my side of the board.

#4 ·
Lesser daemons deploy via deepstrike through the icons. Also it would be against the rules for him to have another landraider cuz they arnt dedicated troop transport but heavy support. and if the winged lord is to be in with the zerkers why does he have wings. 5th ed he wouldnt be able to capture objectives and probubly wouldnt be too amazing on his own. other than that i like the list should be very scary for anyone staring three living mechanical behmoths charging towasrds them as they belch smoke and release there deadly cargo. demonic possension just sounds like the best thing in the world to me why cant IRL tanks do that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.