Nurgle 1000 pts AVEC EPIDEMIUS and many other things - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle 1000 pts AVEC EPIDEMIUS and many other things

Hi guys I have just started a daemons army, recentley coming from a csm nurgle/khorne army. I really like Nurgle and after seeing Epidemius and his special ability (tally), I felt compelled to try and make a list with him in it, so here it goes, the only problems I have is how do I divide the army into 2 as in which squads with which for DA and which should go first etc and If the list is good. I will also try and state the role of each character by the side if appropriate

HQ

Great Unclean One - 160 -What a bargain, for a guy of his stats and because he is Nurgle and a fire magnet, he is a must have, he will most likely protect the others as he causes fear towards the enemy. But my main reason for for including him in the list is because being Nurgle leaves you with little anti tank and so he is there to hopefully pop tanks. I think he is fine as he is so no need for extras

Epidemius - 110 - I think he is a must for every Nurgle army to be effective, he is what makes them as good as they can be and so he is here. My only querey is whether to put him in the large Plaguebearer squad (see later) or hide him in cover somewhere, because his tally is active regardless of placement, but If I leave him alone, what is stopping a fire prism from coming and blasting him back to the warp? he aint too good in combat either and I dont want to risk him being pawned by a Chaplain

Troops

16 x Plaguebearers - 240 this is the squad I might put Epidemius in as its 16 x T5 wounds with 5+/4+!!! so they will be hard to kill, then also taking into account what else is on the field at the time, they will be under to pressure to fire at everything. They also make up the Nurgle numbers. These troops are the main anti infantry in my army

10 x Plaguebearers - 150 'Nuff said

Heavy Support

2 x Daemon Princes of Nurgle w Unholy Might, Iron Hide and Noxious Touch - 340
    These are 2 tough lads which will hopefully rack up the tally numbers and get the ball rolling. This is my army's back bone as they can kill many and quickly and live! and they are also the main tank destroyers (hence the unholy might) but I had to have noxious touch in case I came across a wraithlord or fex etc Iron hide is a must for each DP and then Nurgle makes him nice and tough

Total - 1000

So theres the list, what dya think regards to it and how do you think it can be effectivley used (DA, splitting into the two halves, order of DS etc)?

Thanks for reading and I hope to recieve help from you guys, after reading many posts, I can say that there is no shortage on knowledge

Wazzasonofra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why have ur DP's got noxious touch and unholy might, all i can see is for tank hunting but for +1 vs tanks it seems a little pointless. Also no icons i can see but i guess there not essential and fairly expensive. Other than that i think is fine. finally doesEpidemius have to be on the board to do his thing? if not then he should definately be in the second wave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I'd recommend is dropping noxious touch on your daemon princes. You're already planning to use them to tank hunt so they should be busy tank hunting in the first few turns. Seeing as you've given them unholy might to add to their tank hunting abilities against almost every basic unit you'll be wounding on a 2+ anyway. And as they're marked as nurgle units they'll benefit from epidemius' tally anyway so assuming you play your cards right and keep him safe they should pick up NT by the time they turn their attentions on troops anyway.

As far as i understand from reading the entry on the tally Epidemius actually needs to be on the table for a kill to count, so you'd want to drop him in first turn. I'd personally be in favour of putting him in with the large unit of plaguebearers because seeing as your entire army is rather slow moving, if you hide him off somewhere and the enemy get past your lines, by himself he isn't going to do too fantastically.

And plus seeing as to hit an IC in combat you need base to base contact you can position him so that he's in the middle of the pack and thus out of range.

My only other recommendation is maybe by droping both the touches and maybe one plaguebearer on the 16 man squad (not sure on exact figures, don't have my codex on me) you could take daemonic gaze on both your DPs. This means that you'll have a bit of shooting while you're slowly heading for the enemy lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh i guess alot of that makes sense, i needed major help with the whole epidemius DS thing and i have a cupla reasons for NT on the DP's is cus if I wanna character hunt or attack any unit which is T5 or so, then they will kill on 2's which is useful as the model im attacking would be expensive

I understand that they would get NT eventually but I have given them NT to get the ball rolling because Im sure the plaguebearers will not rack up kills rapidly, or as quickly as a DP with NT could. the squads who mainly reap the benifits are the plaguebearers, so I will help em along ASAP wth the DP, so they become feared quickly and become killing machines. the str upgrade is only for tank hunting, while the NT is against infantry, to ensure as many kills as possible. But I think I will take off unholy might, as 1 extra str wont make a diffo in tank hunting really so I just gotta hope I roll good.

I wasnt sure about DG but i will consider it, because if they dont have wings then they wll be slow, so I will wanna run them almost all the time, so I would have no time to shoot, but I will take it into account and try maybe to work somethin around it.

Also, i was thinking of having possibly a squad of 20 plaguebearers instead of 16 and 10, these would carry epidemius, and then get 9 nurgling bases with the rest of the points (including the unholy might points), becasue they have plenty wounds between them, plenty of attacks too and they tar pit, but also, if i get all of the benifits from the tally, they will be terrifying,

" ha nurglings? kill my fex? bring it!" "omg! they killed my fex cus they ALL have NT and ignore a/s ..." lol thats a funny idea, they underestimate the lil guys, so maybe that is an idea, what do you guys think? and it does keep epidemius more protected with a few extra bodies around. then with the spare few points, getting the DP's cloud of flies, to make sure they survive a bit longer

so what do you guys think?

thanks for all the help so far guys, I can only hope for more

Wazzasonofra
    Last edited by Wazzasonofra; October 27th, 2008 at 19:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, by the way just a few little things about your amy list.
    1. You did not mention, is this for 40k or fantasy.
    2. Do you know what TALLY OF PESTILENCE really does?.....
    ...... if not, I will explain in detail.
    It counts on a number of kills by any nurgle model, say a PLAGUEBEARER kills a SPACE MARINE, you get an upgrade straight away (ALL PLAGUE SWORDS WOUND ON 3+) and so on and so fourth.
    Thanks, and good choice on EPIDEMIUS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

An Epi list relies on its DPs to get the tally up, so noxious touch and cloud of flies are a must. Wings are expensive, but well worth it.

I think you've got too many PBs. 8-10 is usually enough. Put those points towards tricking out your DPs and any left over can go for Nurglings or Beasts. Nurglings and Beasts get crazy with the tally up.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

The list is nice, but for new 5th ed. I recommend at least 3 troop choices in a list. I'd drop he vanilla GuO for more DP's. you only need 8 man squads of PB's in 1000. They can take more shooting than nettes for example. For fast tally I'd say 3 heralds of nurgle with breath, or give your princes breath and take the masque. I know it doesnt fit theme but use the 3 pavanes to bunch up your oppenent and breath with nurgle Dp's/heralds to easily shoot the tally up. The 1000 that won the GW-staff tournament at the alamo store last month was 2 units of 8 plague bearers, Epy, 2 DP's with breath, nurglings, and a herald. If I remember right. Anyway think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a random thought, what about:

Epidemius

7 beasts of Nurgle

2x8 plaguebearers

8 Nurglings

2 Daemon Princes of Nurgle with Iron hide and noxious touch

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

This is a tough list to make work in 1000 points. You need to kill a lot, which is a challenge for nurgle. Granted, you get better tallies against Orks/Guard. But you also don't need power weapons as much...

In higher point games, the tally goes up faster. But if you really want to do it, I'd consider wings on the princes to get them stuck in faster.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cut 4 beasts off and add wings then? 20 points spare after tht though, maybe another nurgling base?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast