2.000 TOURNAMENT LIST (critics plz) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.000 TOURNAMENT LIST (critics plz)

Lash princes with Obliterators and NM for the trick, PM for resistance troops and icons for DS, Termis for extra CC, templates and Antitank.

HQ:
    Daemon Prince+Wings++MoS+Lash of Submission 155

Troops:
    5 Plague Marines+Icon+2 Plasma Gun+Rhino 185
    5 Plague Marines+Icon+2 Plasma Gun+Rhino 185
    5 Noise Marines+4 Sonic Blasters+Blastmaster 160
    5 Noise Marines+4 Sonic Blasters+Blastmaster 160

Elites:
    4 Chaos Terminators+Champion+Heavy Flamer+3 CombiMeltas+Power Fist 160
    4 Chaos Terminators+Champion+Heavy Flamer+3 CombiMeltas+Power Fist 160

Heavy Support:
    3 Obliterators 225
    3 Obliterators 225
    3 Obliterators 225

Critics plz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

First thing I see from your list, is 'LACK OF TROOPS'.

I think you can drop 1 obliterator from each squad, save 225 points. Next drop the terminator champion down to a normal terminator, saving 20 points. I'd totally drop a terminator squad, infact, as otherwise you cannot afford to upgrade your troops choices more. Blast Masters are REALLY too expensive to be effective, do i'd drop the blastmasters down to sonic blasters too, saving a furhter 70 points. Drop the plasma guns in the PM squads to melta guns, saving 20 points.
    To make up for the loss of the plasma guns in the PM squads, swap the combi meltas on the terminators for combi plasmas.

Now, with this 485 points we have saved, we can flesh out your troops choices. First of all, add a rhino to both Noise Marines squads, thats 70 less, otherwise your two PM rhinos will die oh so easily.
    415 points left, buy a champion with powerfist for both Plague Marine squads.
    335 points left, add 3 marines to each PM sqaud.
    198 now, use this to add 3 marines with sonic blasters to each Noice Marine Squad.
    48 left now, personal icons on everything that can have them, and doesnt already (Daemon Princes, , Noise Marine Squads),
    28 points finally, with which you could add a second twin lniked bolter to each rhino (Just to give them a tiny bit extra firepower) and upgrade the powerfist to a chainfist on the terminator squad, leaving you at 1,997 points.

I know these ARE drastic changes, but you do need 4 tohugh troops choices in a competative 5th edition scene, considering that 2/3 of games are generally objective games, and 5 man squads will just be torn from the board so easily.
    Obviously, these are just my personal comments and opinions, feel free to ignore them as you wish.
    Last edited by Riptor; November 9th, 2008 at 23:35.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree

I lack troops so im gonna try free some points to get 2 Rhinos for the NM squads, and ad 1 extra marine to each of my PM troops, that will have to be enought.
    I need the terminators squads, need the plasmas in the PM, need all the obliterators, need the 2 Blastmasters as well . Cannot sacrifice so much firepower only to feel more save, Covers and strat will have to work for my few troop survavility .
    If he have no models he cannot shoot my troops

HQ:

Troops:
    6 Plague Marines+Icon+2 Plasma Gun+Rhino 208
    6 Plague Marines+Icon+2 Plasma Gun+Rhino 208
    5 Noise Marines+Blastmaster+Rhino 175
    5 Noise Marines+Blastmaster+Rhino 175

Elites:
    3 Chaos Terminators+Champion+Heavy Flamer+2 CombiMeltas+Power Fist 125
    3 Chaos Terminators+Champion+Heavy Flamer+2 CombiMeltas+Power Fist 125

Heavy Support:
    3 Obliterators 225
    3 Obliterators 225
    3 Obliterators 225

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Your list is now even worse, let me explain.

You have 9 obliterators, which will get pwned in CC. There is no way 9 shots, most of which will not hit, can stop a dedicated attack. Plus, they tend to die easily in my games. TAKE 3-6 MAX! And replace them with vindicators. My Fav. Option is to have 2 vindicators and 3 oblits.

Daemon Princes are pretty standard fare.

3 terminators? 3? like that will do any damage! terminator squads should always be big and beefy and dedicated to all out fire support or assault. They function best in assault, so equip them as such. That means LC's too!

6 Plague Marines are a no-no for me. You need to beef them up to around 7 - 10. And take standard Chaos Space Marine squads. They should work for taking objectives.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

I agree with MOST of what Phr0z3m said there, however there are a few parts I would like to pick up on.

You have 9 obliterators, which will get pwned in CC. There is no way 9 shots, most of which will not hit, can stop a dedicated attack. Plus, they tend to die easily in my games. TAKE 3-6 MAX! And replace them with vindicators. My Fav. Option is to have 2 vindicators and 3 oblits.
    I agree with the 3-6 obliterators I would take 3 squads of 3, this will save you points. Vindicators are just not THAT effective, because they are a glass cannon (They may have high front armour, but still, a vehicle with ONLY a S10 ordanance weapon, one weapon destroyed result and its little mor than an armoured rhino with no transporting capabilities.).

3 terminators? 3? like that will do any damage! terminator squads should always be big and beefy and dedicated to all out fire support or assault. They function best in assault, so equip them as such. That means LC's too!
    Definately not, first of all, terminators are better at shooting, because with assault they either have to have a Land Raider to transport, or stand around for a whole turn, happily ready to be blown away by the enemies shooting.
    Secondly, size wise, 4-5 terminators should be the maxiumum unless your doing them as a cult number. 3 COULD work, I think if you can, fit 4 in each squad, but 3 should do fine.
    Taking a huge squad with lightning claws may LOOK effective, but they will be a high priority target, and suddenly your 250+ points squad is destroyed before they can do a single thing.

And with the troops issue, oyu definately at this point need to get some more if its at all possible, so look at that for your next investment.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets see

My army works arround the combination of Lash with Blast/templates shoots and CC
    I need all the obliterators cause is the core of the army, onces I start lashing I start feeding my plasmas blast, and to be honest later on when I star moving weakened enemy squads into assault range I prefeer to leave that work to termies and save my precious princes for the last 3 turns cleaning.
    Before you ask me I dont engange good CC enemyes into CC, I shoot them out and prevent them to reach me via Lash.
    The only expendable thing to increase the number of Troops would be 1 of the terminators squads and I honestly want to do a little more playtesting before doing that.
    Will try to place some battle reports on the next days to explain more or less the way of playing I got, to old Chaos players I will say Im so carefull deploying and moving princes as we used to be with our precious Siren demon .

+ Reply to Thread