1500 worldeater list, Competitive? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 worldeater list, Competitive?

hello, i'd like your thoughts on this list. i like it, but is it enough?

HQ
    Seigfried (Lord) (in Land Raider)
    M.O.K.
    Daemon Weapon (Bloodfeeder)

8 Berzerkers in a Land raider
    champ W/ power weapon
    Icon

10 berzerkers in a bare rhino
    Champ W/ Power Weapon

Champ W/ Power Weapon

5 Terminators
    x4 combi melta
    x1 h. Flamer
    x1 Chainfist

5 Terminators
    x4 combi melta
    x1 h. Flamer
    x1 Chainfist

this lists tactics are pretty self evedent. termies are tank hunters, zerkers are squad killers. i will only ever play imperial guard or dark angels. so i've ommitted the powerfists on my champs as toughness 4 is the highest i ever deal with. all squads have icons, so hopefully scatter won't matter too often. all termies will be deepstruck.

your thoughts?

p.s. if i knock off 2 worldeaters from both rhino's i have 81 points to play with. this could allow a combi melta or flamer on my lord and combi meltas in my rhinos, not to mention meltas on my champs. but i'm feeling like the headcount is more important.

Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Rengaw View Post
    hello, i'd like your thoughts on this list. i like it, but is it enough?

HQ
    Seigfried (Lord) (in Land Raider)
    M.O.K.
    Daemon Weapon (Bloodfeeder)

8 Berzerkers in a Land raider
    champ W/ power weapon
    Icon

Not a fan of Land Raiders myself, too many eggs in one basket, but its all your choice I suppose. It just seems that this one squad and its transport is costing you about 550 points or so. Thats over 1/3 of your list. Enemies will know to try and avoid this and slow its progress.

Champ W/ Power Weapon

Champ W/ Power Weapon

Consider Powerfists instead of weapons. Maybe an icon.

5 Terminators
    x4 combi melta
    x1 h. Flamer
    x1 Chainfist

5 Terminators
    x4 combi melta
    x1 h. Flamer
    x1 Chainfist

Drop one of these squads, and purchase 2 obliterators. OR drop your land raider to a rhino, and one squad, and add in two predators (Giving you more fire output than the land raider would have).

this lists tactics are pretty self evedent. termies are tank hunters, zerkers are squad killers. i will only ever play imperial guard or dark angels. so i've ommitted the powerfists on my champs as toughness 4 is the highest i ever deal with. all squads have icons, so hopefully scatter won't matter too often. all termies will be deepstruck.

your thoughts?

p.s. if i knock off 2 worldeaters from both rhino's i have 81 points to play with. this could allow a combi melta or flamer on my lord and combi meltas in my rhinos, not to mention meltas on my champs. but i'm feeling like the headcount is more important.
    Comments in teal. Sorry for shortness of replies, want to go to bed soon.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do have a good point on the land raider. it's a huge point sink. my reasoning on it is that it's the biggest tank on the board and my hq's inside, kinda using it as a fire magnet. i've been watching land raiders survive large volumes of high strength fire lately and have been allmost to the point where i see the land raider as a great way to lessen incoming fire to my rhino's. lol, i barely even use the guns as it travels 12" allmost every turn.

but then again, i can buy two 8 man rhino's for like 80 less points. doubling the models.

i used to swear by powerfists on my zerkers, but since i've played against nothing but imperial guard and dark angels i find powerweapons much more useful. i used to love my big 16man t.o.b.b. PF squads. but alas, no high toughness anything anymore for them to fight. worst case scenario my men get into combat with a dark angels dread. and i still have krak grenades

so if i went 4 rhino's with 8 man squads of worldeaters in all w/pw's and icons, it leaves me 548 to play with.
    add seigfried my lord, and it's 408 left. one squad of termies for 190 leaving me 202.

hmm, if i shave off two icons, i can take a pair of tl-las preds. but do you truely think it's got more punch than a squad of termies with combi melta's?

Thanks for any and all help, conversing with you guys and getting 2nd opinions is the best way for me to evolve lists i like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Then again, there's nothing quite more satisfying than rolling up in a Land Raider and assaulting with a Bloodfeeder (assuming you don't roll 1's, of course). You'd probably lose the game for the aforementioned reasons, but you'd definitely win those rounds of combat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

swap the bloodfeeder for terminator armour and your good its plain but hes got a better chance to live too or you could drop a combi melta on each termi squad to give the commander 2 lightning claws as well as termy armour

and with the remaining points maybe go towards obliterators or even more termies
    Last edited by Mirage.; November 18th, 2008 at 10:36.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Ooh, I apologise sincerely, I did not notice they had combi-meltas I thought it was combi-plasmas (Which is why I didn't think you have enough AT).

As for the Powerfists, I understand and respect your opinion, though if I may recommend that you atleast give melta bombs to the champion, just incase you happen across a walker.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, the termie armor lord is starting to make me feel giddy, one question, if he's attached to a squad of berzerkers can they still sweeping advance? if they can do they just detach from him, or is he along for the ride even if he cannot sweeping advance?

lol, i may loose the preds and do that. he fits like a glove in the land raider too, with the 8man squad.

lol riptor, those termies are all my anti tank. my list must have looked woefully unsuported if you thought they were combi plasma's.

hmm, i could even go with the 4 rhino's and deep strike the termie lord with the anti tank termies, then he could catch up with some zerkers and continue on a squad killing joyride.

thanks folks, i'm gonna wrap my head around this stuff for a bit and see how the list evolves in my head.

lol! your making me miss my powerfists now. i keep thinking about the ogryns the guard player throws at me. and the special characters the d.a. player uses constantly. autokilling is good. hehe, i have a ton to think about now.
    Last edited by Rengaw; November 18th, 2008 at 18:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, so with some thought i came up with this:

Skraal (Lord)
    Mark of Khorne Lightning Claws
    8 Berzerkers
    Champ, P.F. Icon Rhino
    8 Berzerkers
    Champ, P.F. Icon Rhino
    8 Berzerkers
    Champ, P.F. Icon Rhino
    7 Plague Marines
    x2 Plasma Guns, Rhino
    5 Terminators
    x4 Combi Meltas
    x1H. Flamer x1 Chainfist
    Mark of Chaos Glory
    5 Terminators
    x4 Combi Meltas
    x1H. Flamer x1 Chainfist
    Mark of Chaos Glory

TOTAL 1500

Do you think the Plague marines are too much of a liability? they have no champ, but a nice little rear firebase seems to come in handy from time to time. my issue, is for the same cost, i could take a defiler and a single oblit, or a pair of ccw hflamer dreads. and have a few points for a rhino upgrade. both options would relieve a lot of a.t. stress on my rhino's......especially the dreads.

lol, i own a pair of forgeworld worldeater dreads, i look for any excuse to throw em in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

dont take plague marines because your army is worldeaters and that would just kill it not to mention they wont be any use the way you play your army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, well i thought about the fact that berzerkers arn't so good at sitting in deployment holding points. and some games seem to force me to leave a squad in my deployment area to hold a point.

but in normal situations i run the plague marines behind the berzerkers. they usually end up sitting in cover, shooting at CC heavy units that try to counter charge my berzerkers as they melt through the meat of the enemy force. it really does come in handy.

i'll need to figure out if i can put my objective markers in my enemy deployment. if i can, then my whole army can just run up and dominate. only worrying about the objectives in the last 2 turns. allowing me a full 1500 pt's of offence.

+ Reply to Thread