Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey im new to Warhammer 40k and just got alot fo stuff off ebay (cos im tight) anyway this is my 1st attemt of an army list ive got other stuff other than this but anyway comments would be ery much so appreciated
1500 Point army
Chaos Lord 155 (mark of Khorne, Terminator armour, Blood feeder
4 terminators + flamer 125
5 chosen + Heavy bolter, 3 plasma gun, AC with plasma pistol 165 ( these may not be great im not sure but i would like to try some out
7 noise Marine + Blast master, 177
9 Csm 135
8 Khorne Berserker 168 Rhino 35
8 Khorne Berserker 168 Rhino 35
5 Havocs + 2 lascannons, 2 rocket launcher 185
2 Oblitorators 150
Try not be to harsh I dont know why i dont use tanks but i got 3 preds and a landrader if u wana add that anywhere
not a bad starting point for a first list, some things to consider and some suggestions.
- be wary of the Demon Weapon, too many 1's could take all of that killing potential out of the game (it would be sad to lose a possible 17 attacks on the charge)
- he will be slow but can deepstrike, make sure to have other squads around so he does not become isolated if he has a bad scatter
- termi armor gives you a nice 2+ save but he can still succum to instant death, a DP would not.
- slow and easy targets, make sure to support them
-great for infiltrating and doing some early damage to your opponent, also good for supporting your deep striking troops.
- 4 meltas and a power fist will make sure that your opponent's scary vehicles, MC and heavy troops will not stick around long. alternatively 4 plas or 4 flamers can make short work of troops
-IoCG will give them a leadership boost
- not familiar with them but they look good
Chaos Space Marines
- give these guys some special weapons so they can assault or hold objectives better
- an AC with a Pfist will be extra insurance against IC or vehicles
- an IoCG will give them a much needed leadership boost
Bezerkers with Rhinos
- stock Rhinos get the Zerkers where they need to be at full strength and cheap point cost
- some plas pistols will give them a bit more punch before the assault
- good mix of anti-tank and anti-infantry
- hard to kill jack of all trades, put them in groups to concentrate fire or use them individually for split fire.
you only have 2 vehicles so expect them to be heavily shot at with all of the enemy AT, they will have zerkers in them so this will only make the AT worse, a defiler or a vindicator will help take the pressure off your transports and add some heavy hitting weapons. the Land Raider could be added to shuttle your termis and lord in, they will get shot at lots but have greater survivability due to the AV14, plust more AT is always good.
Preds have gotten the shaft in 5th Ed, their full firepower is not utilized to their fullest unless they stand still and keeping vehicles in the open is not a good thing. if you move 6" you still get to shoot but you really limit the damage capability of the preds.
a Demon Prince would be another good addition as it will be the fire magnet for your army, slap some wings on it and now it can kill as it pleases, just make sure to give it fire support as it has no ranged weapons unless you give it powers.
May the "Nurgley Goodness" protect you!
HQ: Very unreliable but immense fun. A daemon prince will be more predictable. MoS lash and wings is good for 155 points. MoN warptime and wings is my current favourite for 175.
Elites: Terminators should take 4 combiplasmas as well. For the small points upgrade this Karmoon special gets one fantastic round of shooting when they deepstrike. Put a PF or CF in there to deal with tanks on later turns and to protect you from enemy dreads.
The chosen should drop thr HB as it slows them down. 4-5 plasmaguns either infiltrating or outflanking can work. Their survivability however is poor. Would you let such a dangerous unit get a second shot at you? Another terminator unit would do better as they are more survivable and have a close combat use once all the combiplasma has been used up.
Troops: Blastmaster is expensive and hampers the squad mobility. 8 sonic blasters would be better. Berserkers need PW (or PF) armed champions. Standard CSMs need to be 10 strong with 2 meltas or plasmas and a PF champ. A rhino and IoCG would also help.
Heavy: Havocs are unmanouverable and expensive. More oblits would be a better option or replacing them for cheap vindicators or AC/2LC preds. If you are taking 2-3 rhinos then use preds and vindicators to take some of the heat off the transports. If you footslog then oblits would be better.
Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.
Not bad at all, I am still new so I know where you are coming from.
1. dont mix special weapons.
2. Mad Cats right, make the termies a Karmoon special, it will kill a lot of stuff before they die and the opp will waste shots on them.
3. dump the battlemaster and give out sonic blasters.
4. Csm should be 10 men with special weapons, champ and rhino.
5. plasma pistols are not the best, I would cut them to have more men.
Just some suggestions, hope they help!
Yes all in all a pretty good list and advice and all i have to say is never back anything down just go forward and charge. Then you'll see if the potential of your Amy is any good or not.
Extreme Ironing, Live life to the limits!