First try at a daemon list- 1500- help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First try at a daemon list- 1500- help!

I found the daemon codex a bit overwhelming- so apologies is this is totally not legal, or just plain rubbish..
    My God are gonna be Khorne and Nurgle to start off with. Then some of everything else later hopefully.

HQ:

Ku'aath the Plaguefather

Skulltaker
    w/ Chariot

Troops:

Bloodletters x 10
    w/ Fury of Khorne, Icon, Instrument

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10

Heavy Support:

Soul Grinder
    w/ Tongue, Phlegm

DP
    w/ MoN, Noxious touch

DP
    w/ MoN, Breath of Chaos

I know the Plaguefather is waaay too points heavy for a 1500, but I just love him!, but any suggestions to what to replace him would be much appreciated. Also, I'm a tad worried about my AT. Not sure about the waves either yet.

Cheers..

Ray.

SM: W/D/L 12/7/4 CSM: W/D/L 14/0/1
    Guard: W/D/L 10/2/3 Orks: W/D/L 5/0/1
    Nurlge Daemons W/D/L 4/1/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordray View Post
    I found the daemon codex a bit overwhelming- so apologies is this is totally not legal, or just plain rubbish..
    My God are gonna be Khorne and Nurgle to start off with. Then some of everything else later hopefully.
    Sounds like a good start. Khorne and Nurgle are extremely killy in combat and very hard to kill respectively, but they have problems with speed and tanks.

Ku'aath the Plaguefather
    I find him expensive (you can almost buy 2 normal GUOs) but a pie plate of wounding on 2+ is never terrible.

Skulltaker
    w/ Chariot
    Dead killy

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10
    10 Bloodletters won't last long to sustained enemy fire, which they will take lots of as your only scoring units and icon holders. Plaguebearers are far superior in this respect (and they end up cheaper. 3 units of 12 with icons will ensure you've got objectives held and icons in the field.

Soul Grinder
    w/ Tongue, Phlegm
    Good, but Soul Grinders work best in pairs or trios. 1 AV13 walker is easy to take out, 2 or 3 is an entirely different prospect. Plus, they provide your only ranged anti-tank if you go pure Khorne and Nurgle.

DP
    w/ MoN, Noxious touch

DP
    w/ MoN, Breath of Chaos
    Good and cheap DP setups, but I think you need Grinders more.

Your biggest problem will be tanks and Soul Grinders make life much easier in that regard. I'd go for 2 Grinders and 1 Nurgle DP (touch, flies, gaze) in addition to Ku'Gath, Skulltaker, and a bunch of PBs. That gives you the hard stuff (PBs, Kuggy, and the DP) with some somewhat reliable AT and the Skulltaker is made of win. If you wanted some extra killing power, a Bloodthirster is really fast and can hunt tanks quite well. For speed, look no further than Flesh Hounds for munching on infantry and tying enemies down. For straight up awesome (killy and tough), Bloodcrushers are number 1.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread