1500 Slaanesh/Undivided - comments greatly appreciated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Slaanesh/Undivided - comments greatly appreciated

Hello everyone.

Let me please know, what do you think about this list:

HQ

Daemon Prince, MoS, LoS, Wings - 155

TROOPS

10 Chaos Space Marines - 255
    - Aspiring Champion with power fist
    - 2xMelta
    - IoCG
    - Rhino

- 2xMelta
    - IoCG
    - Rhino

9 Noise Marines - 310
    - Aspiring Champion with Doom Siren, Power Weapon, Sonic Blaster
    - 8xSonic Blaster
    - Personal Icon
    - Rhino

HEAVY

Defiler with 4 CCW - 150
    Defiler with 4 CCW - 150
    3xObliterator - 225

1500 exactly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

I must say, this is a refreshing list to see. Much of it is what I would recommend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurf View Post
    Hello everyone.

Let me please know, what do you think about this list:

HQ

Daemon Prince, MoS, LoS, Wings - 155

With the two defilers, and three plasma cannons, i'd call you a fool to not take this guy. He is GREAT.

TROOPS

- 2xMelta
    - IoCG
    - Rhino

- 2xMelta
    - IoCG
    - Rhino

I like these guys, exactly as I would run squads.

9 Noise Marines - 310
    - 8xSonic Blaster
    - Personal Icon
    - Rhino

Heres where we part. I'd personally recommend having the sonic blasters, OR the Doom Siren/Power Weapon champion. My reasoning being the sonic blasters are shooting attacks, and the Doom Siren/Power Weapon are clearly for CC. Either way you can save 45 points on these.

HEAVY

Defiler with 4 CCW - 150
    Defiler with 4 CCW - 150

Good, these guys are great with lash and in pairs their effectivenes skyrockets.

3xObliterator - 225

Hmm, do you NEED 3 obliterators? I am aware the list is slightly lacking in ranged AT but I think you could feasably drop one, or even two of these fellows.
    If you drop one of these, plus the changes to the Noise Marines, you could have 125 points, dropping a noise marine and their personal icon (Your Chaos Glory ones SHOULD suffice for deep striking on) you will have 150, giving you the points for a Karmoon Special Terminator squad, which could work nicely combined with lash (To get enemies into a template shape, or close enough to rapid fire plasma into them.)
    If you don't know, the squad I am suggesting is this:
    4 Terminators,
    3 Combi Plasmas,
    1 Heavy Flamer and Powerfist.
    150 points.

1500 exactly
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the comment, but I still have some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptor View Post
    9 Noise Marines - 310
    - 8xSonic Blaster
    - Personal Icon
    - Rhino

Heres where we part. I'd personally recommend having the sonic blasters, OR the Doom Siren/Power Weapon champion. My reasoning being the sonic blasters are shooting attacks, and the Doom Siren/Power Weapon are clearly for CC. Either way you can save 45 points on these.

Well, IMO having Sonic Blasters adds two things. First is the ability to give out quite a lot of shots, just in case of facing some horde-type army. Second, and most important, their ability to shoot twice before assault can (as it seems to me) cause significantly more casualties to an enemy per turn. Where am I wrong?

Hmm, do you NEED 3 obliterators? I am aware the list is slightly lacking in ranged AT but I think you could feasably drop one, or even two of these fellows.

I'm afraid losing an obliterator will cause me to have too few weapons capable of rnaged anti-tank.. It's only 3 lascannons in a 1500 list already, and they are in a same unit. But having 2? Statistically, 33% of time only one of them will hit. And I will still need to roll, say, 4 to make a penetrating hit (against AV of 12 which seems to be an average). Also, the third guy adds one more plasma cannon blast.

4 Terminators,
    3 Combi Plasmas,
    1 Heavy Flamer and Powerfist.

I've tried Karmoon special, and it seemed quite situational to me. Though, I must admit, my testing of them wasn't comprehensive. My current thoughts on them are that their template is good, but with my quantity of blasts it does not seem to matter much. Also, they are not worth dropping an oblit in my opinion... Aren't they a "just in case" unit? Or, maybe, I misunderstand something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The power weapon and Doom siren are for CC. Yes the sonic blaster is more shots and there is nothing bad about that but why have a champion built for both CC and ranged fire when the noise marines are probably going to be a base of fire? Riptors just saying that it seems pointless to have CC weapons on a Champion who dosent want to get into CC. You are right on the Karmoon SPecial, it has monents where it is not as useful but it can be tailored to fit many situations with minor adjustments (e.g. a chainfis instead of a powerfist, more men). On the oblits, yes you could drop one for a Karmoon Special but if you lack AT change the powerfist for a chainfist or 2 and deep strike them amongst the enemy armor and entreched positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, about sonic blasters I mean that they can be used before charging - they have assault 2 mode, after all. That will be 16 str 4 shots the same turn. I just don't understand why you think this to be a waste of points...
    Last edited by Shurf; December 16th, 2008 at 19:08.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

I believe it a waste of points because they will not be firing them every turn that they can. If I take a shooting upgrade I want to use it as often as possible.
    Also, getting more shots before combat is not definately a good thing, imagine, if you will, that your 5 inches from a large squad, and you fire all those shots into it. You cause (Lets say) 4 deaths? And the enemy takes away the front 4 models, thuis denying you the charge and leaving that squad to get shot up in his turn.

As to the lack of ranged AT, having an extra model in that squad will not definately help so much, as nomatter what he cannot fire at something else. With 4 meltas, 2 walkers and a monstrous creature you have suffice Close Quarters AT to make up for it in my opinion. The Karmoon special squad just then adds a nice extra bit for tearing apart heavily armoured models (Terminators, Carnifexes, etc).
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But won't such a use of Noise Marines be a waste of points? After all, everything I get is a bunch of costly marines with IoS and a champ with a template. Yes, template is good, but for 245 I can get 10 marines with IoS, AC with PW, 2 flamers and a rhino. 2 templates have worse AP, but not everyone has a power armour, and this is one template more than with noise marines. Also, it is one more body. So, are noise marines worth it in such a setup?

+ Reply to Thread