1750 pt Competitive Build Take 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 pt Competitive Build Take 2

HQ

Daemon Prince, MoS, LoS, Wings -155

Elites

4x Terminators, 3x Combi-plasma, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist -150

Troops

10x CSM, 2x Melta, AC with Fist, IoCG, Rhino -255
    9x Khorne Bezerkers, Skull Champion with Powerweapon, Personal Icon, Rhino -259
    8x Khorne Bezerkers, Skull Champion with Powerfist, Personal Icon, Rhino -243

Heavy Support

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession -145
    Predator, 2x Lascannons -130
    2x Obliterators -150

Total: 1742 (Last 8 points?)

Thoughts: My main concern is horde orks although i doubt i will play orks in any more than 1 out of the 6 games in the tourney. Vindicator is there because every single marine player seems to hate them so it will hopefully take some heat off my rhinos and predator. My AT is lacking for this points level but i have the DP in CC, the fists in all my troop slots, the obliterators and the predator. This termie setup is my fave *thx karmoon* as they consistently make their points back and draws the attention of all the opponents big guns the turn they come in and decimate a squad with their plasma. The foot slogging plague marines for sitting on my home objective while my rhino squads go and cause havoc and capture further from home objectives. The obliterators will sit with plague marines in most cases taking out tanks or feeding plasma cannon death to MEQ and TEQs with the help of lash. The DP again takes the heat off my transports. Opinions? Anything that is lacking? Let me know! Help appreciated.

Rusty

Last edited by Farseer Rusty; December 28th, 2008 at 23:57.
    "I did my first model at the age of 7"

Wow. When I first read that I misinterpreted it. Bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Rusty View Post
    HQ

Daemon Prince, MoS, LoS, Wings -155

Good, effective, nothing else to say.

Elites

4x Terminators, 3x Combi-plasma, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist -150

As above, gotta love them.

Troops

10x CSM, 2x Plasma, AC with Fist, IoCG, Rhino -265
    I'd look at swapping the plasma guns in the second squad for meltas, as in the first squad. This matched pair of squads can then run around busting tanks and whatnot.

8x Plague Marines, 2x Plasma, Champion with Fist -254
    8x Khorne Bezerkers, Skull Champion with Powerfist, Personal Icon, Rhino -243
    Hmm, not so sure here, i'd personally feel it better if you took two of one of these squads, as then the opponent doesn't have a clear target.
    Whichever you prefer, take two of that, although to be TOTALLY fair the plague marines could do with a rhino, amking them much more expensive, so i'd drop them for a second Khorne Berzerker squad.

Heavy Support

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession -145
    Predator, 2x Lascannons -130
    Take 2 predators instead, as the vindicator works greatest in pair, though dropping the predator would lose you more AT.
    This, combined with taking meltas on the second troops squad, SHOULD sort our your lack of AT.

2x Obliterators -150

Good.

Total: 1748

The changes I recommended would save you 39 points, which you could use then to add a fifth member to the terminator squad.

Thoughts: My main concern is horde orks although i doubt i will play orks in any more than 1 out of the 6 games in the tourney. Vindicator is there because every single marine player seems to hate them so it will hopefully take some heat off my rhinos and predator. My AT is lacking for this points level but i have the DP in CC, the fists in all my troop slots, the obliterators and the predator. This termie setup is my fave *thx karmoon* as they consistently make their points back and draws the attention of all the opponents big guns the turn they come in and decimate a squad with their plasma. The foot slogging plague marines for sitting on my home objective while my rhino squads go and cause havoc and capture further from home objectives. The obliterators will sit with plague marines in most cases taking out tanks or feeding plasma cannon death to MEQ and TEQs with the help of lash. The DP again takes the heat off my transports. Opinions? Anything that is lacking? Let me know! Help appreciated.

Rusty
    Comments in teal above.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do vindicators work better in pairs? Also for objective based missions i ahve to leave one of my troops at my home objective and support from the back so at least one squad doesn't need a rhino. That means i sort of have to keep my plague marines. My 2 CSM squads can beat most things in CC but for that extra counter charge and sheer number of attacks against orks i feel i also need the bezerkers. The meltas i completely agree with you on though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Ah, but if you look on the main CSM forums, we are having this discussion on objective based games now. The general consensus is to put the objectives where you WANT them to be, rather than placing them right at the back of your base. This means that you can charge forward, attack the opponent full force, and still grab the objectives (Which should be more on their side of the field).
    Vindicators work better in pairs because of their tendancy to scatter, if you fire a single vindicator at a squad you want, then chances are it may scatter and perhaps only hit half the squad, if any at all.
    With a pair, then if one scatters you have another chance to take the squad out.

If you feel the berzerkers are good, then I sitll think taking a second squad of them, in liue of the plague marines, would work wonders. That way the opponent can't just totally focus on one of them, and remove them all.
    And besides, just because they don't need a rhino for moving around, doesn't mean they wouldn't benefit from one. Even if that rhino only draws fire away from your other rhinos (Remember, you don't have to tell the opponent which squad is in which rhino), then its made its points back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. I see where your coming from. ill edit now. Rep for u.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

281 (x6)

Thank you very much for the rep, happy to help at any time I can.

+ Reply to Thread