1500pt. Word Bearer army, help quick - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt. Word Bearer army, help quick

Hi all,

Im going to play a 1500 point game tomorrow night at a friends house. There are gonig to be four players and we are going to play a sort of tournament. Two people play and then the next two and then the winners of the two games play. I play chaos word bearers and I have the possibility of playing: orks, eldar, IG, tau, SM, or nids. This is my list I have and I know it needs improvement. I can't tailor it to a specific army cause I don't know what I'll be playing. Here it is:

HQ

Demon Prince: 205
    wings, MoT, warptime, WoC

Elite

4 Terminators: 150
    3x combi plasmas, Hvy. Flamer, IoCG

Dread: 105
    add. ccw, Hvy. Flamer

Troops

10 Marines: 265
    2x plasmas
    Champ w/ powerfist
    IoCG, rhino

10 Marines: 245
    2x meltas
    Champ w/ power weap.
    IoCG, rhino

7 Marines: 125
    flamer
    Champ

8 Thousand sons: 254
    sorcerer, doombolt

Hvy. Supp.

Defiler(stock): 150

Total 1449

I was thinking of taking a plasma and a melta out of the 10 man squads and adding a flamer. Also, just making the plasmas meltas instead. I also think I have too many Icons, maybe taking the one from the termies away, but I put them in so they had a good chance of not breaking in CC, im no sure what to do with that. Any help/criticism on this list would be greatly apprecitated. Just remember, I can't tailor it to a specific army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have a Pred or second defiler, drop the flamer squad for it, 1 flamer w/out a rhino is pointless. You can also dump the icon on the termies, you probably wont have enough take casualties to make many Ld checks so rerolls most likley wont help. You can also swap WoC for Bolt of CHange, against heavy infantry it works wonders. The termies could use a powerfist and so could the CSM champ w/out one. THe 1k sons may want a 9th marine and a rhino. If you can, add 2 extra DCCW to the Defiler
    Hope it helps.

+ Reply to Thread