What to do with the last 115 pts? (1000pts chaos) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pirate Chaos Space Marine Mechatius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

What to do with the last 115 pts? (1000pts chaos)

I want to build a 1000 pts and I started out with 2 of each of these units:

10 x Chaos Space Marines
    + Aspiring Champion with Power Fist
    + 2 x Meltagun
    + Icon of Chaos Glory
    + Rhino
    = 255 pts

Predator
    + Lascannon sidesponsons
    = 130 pts

This adds up to 770 pts. It includes no HQ so far though. In order to minimize the cost on the HQ I decided to stick it in one of the regular squads. That puts us in this position:

Chaos Lord
    + Combi melta
    + Daemon Weapon
    = 140 pts

9 x Chaos Space Marines
    + 1 x Melta gun
    + Icon of Chaos Glory
    + Rhino
    = 230 pts

10 x Chaos Space Marines
    + 2 x Meltagun
    + Icon of Chaos Glory
    + Rhino
    = 255 pts

Predator
    + Lascannon sidesponsons
    = 130 pts

Predator
    + Lascannon sidesponsons
    = 130 pts

Grand total: 885 pts.

Here, I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do with the last 115 pts.
    Any suggestions are most welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you've already got those models, then I'd suggest a dreadnaught as it's a cheap, dangerous unit. ML and CC weapon, extra armour 115pts right there.

Though I'd be far more tempted to take something with a little anti-infantry power, you've got so much anti-tank already... How about a predator Auto/HB setup with a havoc launcher or extra armour. That'd certainly keep the tank heavy theme you seem to have!
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of that lord setup. I'd be tempted to either give him wings/a jump pack, possibly dropping his combi melta, so that you can put that marine back into the squad and have them with 2 melta guns, rather than a combi melta and a normal melta.

As for the remaining points, how about a squad of lesser daemons? I have come to love these guys recently. They are cheap(Ish),, scoring, and can appear wherever you need them. With the changes I recommended above you could take a squad of 6 of them

Or an obliterator. Obliterators are always good.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Pirate Chaos Space Marine Mechatius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Thank you guys for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Well, if you've already got those models, then I'd suggest a dreadnaught as it's a cheap, dangerous unit. ML and CC weapon, extra armour 115pts right there.
    It's an option I overlooked. Not very sure I like the randomness of it though. And the prospect of blowing up my own when using an army this small isn't very tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Though I'd be far more tempted to take something with a little anti-infantry power, you've got so much anti-tank already... How about a predator Auto/HB setup with a havoc launcher or extra armour. That'd certainly keep the tank heavy theme you seem to have!
    This is another good suggestion. I'm just not sure about setting nearly 40% of the points in just 3 models. It could work if the opponent doesn't go for a lot of AT, but if he does... I'll take it into consideration though.

I like the fact that you kept to the mechanized theme in your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptor View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of that lord setup. I'd be tempted to either give him wings/a jump pack, possibly dropping his combi melta, so that you can put that marine back into the squad and have them with 2 melta guns, rather than a combi melta and a normal melta.
    I can clearly see the benefit of the squad being full, but I don't quite see the role of the flying lord in the army. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you had in mind for him?

As for the remaining points, how about a squad of lesser daemons? I have come to love these guys recently. They are cheap(Ish),, scoring, and can appear wherever you need them. With the changes I recommended above you could take a squad of 6 of them
    This is another good idea that I had overlooked. Only problem being that I don't own any models for them. (Guess I should have said that from the start) It's a friendly game though so I should be able to proxy it.

Or an obliterator. Obliterators are always good.
    Obliterators are nice, but isn't one just a little fragile? Do you think the predators will be enough distraction?

Thanks again for your input!

+ Reply to Thread