New Army (need help) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Army (need help)

Hey guys I was hoping you could help me with starting a army. I only have a couple of units and I don't perfer any gods. I like an all around army that is strong.

HQ- Chaos Treminator Lord with Deamon Weapon and Twin linked bolter

Elites- 5 Terminators with asorted weapons

Fast Attack- 1 Chaos biker

Thanks for the help Guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello there Corona Extra,

First, welcome to Librarium Online. If you have any questions about our site, feel free to contact either myself or another moderator.

As for your army list, it's best to post some of the units you're considering or at least have in mind. That way, our members can get a feel for what you're looking for. Also, what point value is your list-to-be?

General Tips:

Chaos marines are very solid choices. You can hardly go wrong with them in any of their man flavors.

Figure out what heavy slots you want, as they are highly valued, and often determine how the rest of your points are spent. I'd advise investing these slots with units that can destroy enemy tanks, as that's the main focus of our heavies.

Since you're already taking terminators, figure out how you want to get them into the game. Most people (including myself) prefer deep striking them off an icon. That means you'll need to have icons scattered throughout your infantry squads.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I know that I want some normal Troop squads, Raptors, Havocs, and maybe 2 more bikers. I haven't chosen and paint scheme and I seem to like Slaansh and Nurgle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off welcome to LO

Since 2 troops are required there are many places you can go with your list. If you dont want gods CSM squads are always good and they can be tailored with an icon for bonus abilities. You will need rhinos, one rhino per squad isnt a bad idea but when starting one per troops choice works. Bikers are alright, but you would want at least one meltagun in the squad and keep it small. Termie lord is fine, just get icons for the CSM so he dosent scatter and maybe a mark to get the special Daemon weapons. Raptors are wonderful, 7 raptors with 2 meltas and lightning claws is a force to be reckoned with. Havocs are also fine but oblits are better all around, if you want havocs though, give them all similar if not identical weapons so they can do their job well. You may also want to look into a pair of predetors and a pair of defilers, these are good all round Heavies that can be made to fill whatever role nessesary.

Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure I would take Oblits. What about a deamon prince

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Daemon princes can be good, they are powerful and relatively chepa (So long as you don't go overboard with them).
    With what you currently have, I would consider holding off on a Daemon Prince, OR taking your Terminator lord out for one. You don't want to be spending too many points on HQ choices, personally I try to stay below 15% of my army being in the HQ slot.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to give your lord an icon. They are fairly cheap, and the benifits are well worth the cost, especialy scince your lord has a daemon weapon.

I cant give away too many details because of GW copyrights, but taking an icon can do many things to that demon weapon of yours. Such as greatly increase attacks or even cause it to inflict instant death on anything. ANYTHING! (That isnt an eternal warrior).

Its good your not feilding a god sworn army, as my army would have been khorne based, but the khorne daemon wep upgrade seemed a little risky, so i plan to take the slaanesh icon on my lord. Having a single god dedicated army can severely limit you in situations like this.

Gee, emagine saying to your friends: I killed a C'tan in 1 hit!

Scince I dont have the chaos codex myself, im going of the little i can remember reading from my friends codex. But either way, for a very small investment, an icon will add some well needed hitting power to that lord!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of things...

First and foremost, welcome to Lonline. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Rabbit and Riptor are some of our resident veterans who always have an answer for everything, and the rest of us just generally say anything we feel is constructive, haha.

I agree with the rest of the posts that have said that you should get a couple of ordinary Chaos Marine Squads, just to begin with, so you can work out a style of play that you are comfortable with. If you like Nurgle, you might want to expand your Biker Squad and give them an Icon of Nurgle. This upgrade while pricey, will mean that the vast majority of hits on that squad will bounce off of them, as most hits will nedd 6's to wound, and then you'll get to make Armour Saves. Very survivable. My other thought considering what you have, is that you may want to mechnise your army, as your terminators can Deep STrike, and your Biker, is quite fast. A number of Chaos Marine squads in Rhinos is a very efficient way of getting to the enemy, as well as snatching objectives in the final turn in 2 thirds of possible games. Troops are very important to winning games, so you will want to have quite a number of them.

This is early days yet, so you may end up discarding all that you have read so far for say a foot sllogging Khorne force, but the beauty of collecting Chaos Marines is that there are many many ways of collecting an effective army, that it doesn't matter. Go with the troops that work for you, not the cheesy units that everyone syay that "you must have in your army for it to work". There is no such thing. So, basically, go crazy and enjoy yourself, because above all, collecting Chaos Marines id fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little tactica to get you kick started:

Buy two more bikers to make the squad legal, and give one of them an icon. As soon as possible, turbo boost the bikers so far up your enemies, you know, that they will be coughing up burned rubber for the rest of the game. Once your bikers are there, use the icon to deepstrike your termies next to their most valuable units and charge them. The look on their face will be priceless, as what they thought was just a small harmless biker squad turned into a few hundred points worth of DOOM! For best results, you can trade the termis for some summoned daemons. 20 of them. If one of the bikers also happens to be an aspiring champ, throw a greater daemon into the mix for good measure. Just make the greater-daemon-champion-dude isnt the model with the icon, as your foe may question your ability to summon his disposal with 1 model.

Just flicking through my codex, and 5 havocs with 4 missile launchers doesnt seem too bad either. Try seeing any other unit in the game lying down blast marker sniper fire!

If you ask me, all this tactica stuff im coming up with doesnt seem too bad for someone who only bought the codex a few hours ago!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys thanks for all the help. I have been working on a army that are good againts mosts kinds of armys but mainly Space marine. (Raven Guard to be exact). This army needs to be 1500 points

This is it.
    THERE are no upgrades that I have chossen

HQ- Deamon Pirince

Elites- Chossen Chaos space marines (5)

- 5 Terminators with asorted weapons

Troops- Two space Marine squads at full strength

- two Rhinos for the marines

Fast Attack - 5 Chaos Raptors

- 3 Bikers

Heavy Support- 3 Oblits

That all guys I haven't got plans on what upgrades and mark they are so you guys can choose

Thanks all

Corona Extra
    Last edited by Corona Extra; February 17th, 2009 at 22:20. Reason: mispelling

+ Reply to Thread