2000 pts Khorne army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

2000 pts Khorne army

A 2,000pts Khorne fun army I designed, any comments are appreciated.

HQ
    Kharn the Betrayer 165pts

Troops
    9 Khorne Bezerkers w/ personal icon 194pts
    9 Khorne Berzerkers + Skull champion w/ power fist, personal icon 255pts
    9 Khorne Berzerkers + Skull champion w/ power fist, personal icon 255pts
    7 Chaos Space Marines w/plasma gun 105pts
    7 Chaos Space Marines w/plasma gun 105pts

Elites
    4 Chaos Terminator Champions w/ lightening claws, Icon of Khorne 230pts

Heavy Support
    Chaos Land Raider 220pts
    Chaos Land Raider 220pts
    Chaos Land Raider 220pts

Total 1999pts

Tactics: Kharn the Betrayer along with the Bezerker Squad in one Land Raider, whilst the other two Bezerker Squads go into the other two land raiders. These Speed towards the enemy and take objectives near the enemy deployment zone/spill blood for the blood god whilst the Chaos Space marine squads hold objectives closer to me and offer what ranged support they can. The Terminator Squad with it's base 20 lightning claw attacks deep strike using the icons of the bezerker squads for guidance on where to land, where my army is having most trouble or is under the most threat.

and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would drop one land raider down to a rhino and it would allow you to fully kit out the regular CSM squads with 10 men and rhinos, PF and pairs of meltas/plasmas. Could give them IoK too but IoCG is cheaper.

Your termies would be better 5 strong without the champion upgrades. It gives your unit the same attacks but more wounds. As these are deepstriking they cannot enter combat until turn 3 at the earliest. I think equiping them with combi plasmas and the odd PF/Lclaw would be more effective as they get to seriously thin out a unit on the turn they arrive. Next turn fire 10 TL bolt shots and charge.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

For a fun lis,t it could work, however competatively I think you might struggle. Land raiders are veyr expensive considering that they can be popped with one lucky lascannon shot.
    And the terminators will deep strike, stand around for a turn, and get shot to pieces. I'd swap the terminators for a 'Karmoon Special' squad, which will give you 80 points to play around with.
    Add a skull champion to the first khorne berzerker squad, just cause they have kharne doesn't mean they don't need a powerfist. What if they come across walkers?
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

+ Reply to Thread