Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ive been trying out Many things for my Chaos army since ive bought all the things and received some things from my brother, this List he Used came 2nd overall List in a local Tournament as well, i was thinking its Solid Perfect but might need a few changed but possibly one of the best 1500 point chaos tournament List, List as follows:
Daemon Prince - 155
-Lash of submission
Daemon Prince - 155
-Lash of submission
Plague Marines (x7.) Plasma (x2.) Champ with Power weapon - 221
Chaos Space marines (x10.) Plasma (x2.) champ with powerfist - 220
Khorne Berserkers (x8.) Plasma Pistol (x2.) Champ with PowerFist - 238
Rhino Transports (x2.) - 100
Chaos Vindicator (x2.)
Total 1489 pts
i was thinking about some change such as replacing zerkers with another Solid plague marine Unit/ Noise marines or the basic Chaos space marine Unit + with the space points use them on Icon of Chaos glory?, personal icon?
Comments and Criticism welcomed, i would love to make this list Much better changing it around with ur Ideas Thank you
yes i was thinking about changing my plasmas into meltas, and yes i did realise i was calculatin wrong on my rhino's yes i do think the List is power gaming thats the point its for a tournament and owning haha
well thanks for your replies
Not bad at all but a couple of things to consider...
1. Lash is good, 2 HQs in a 1500 isnt
2. Drop the vindis for defilers, more range and versitility (using points from dropped prince.
3. add a third rhino
4. drop the pistol on the zerkers, use the points to get a fist on the plagues
5. you may want to drop the plasmas on the CSM for meltas.
6. You may also want to consider a PW on the zerkers, that way the int is not wasted but you will lose effectiveness on walkers.
Just some ideas hope it helps
yes like i said i calculated the rhino's wrong and there is suppose to be a 3rd one, but theres nothing really to improve on, except take out, im taking the pistols out thats probarly, and some changed can be done, i was thinking of a defiler but then ill need to drop both Vindis add the defiler + add other things, reason why i have 2 Lash's was to use vindis to fire them?
why not have 2 lashs/princes? seems very reasonable but yes with a defiler it will cause much more damage.
So im going to probarly reconsider and take out the vindis to add those things in.
thank you for the reply =)
looks like a solid list =]
I like the double lash, and 2 hqs in this list doesnt see you dramaticaly outnumbered. this bears a quaestion, can you use the lashes of both princes on the same enemy unit in the same turn?
1) At the 1500 mark, you should have more ways of dealing with enemy tanks from round one, on top of just the one oblit squad. The vindis aren't reliable for popping armor, and your other tank busting capabilities are all short range or close combat. For this reason, I'm recommending that you drop one or both your vindicators for two predators with auto hull and las sponsons. I'm betting you'd rather keep the vindis, as they have good synergy with the princes; however, in 5th edition rules, GW has made it clear that 40K is a vehicle-oriented game, and I can tell you from my experiences that it's far more important to destroy enemy tanks and transports, than splash enemy infantry with ordinance blasts. Also busting your opponents' transports leaves them any way of getting his/her troops to your side of the table. Controlling the table is essential...
2) Redundancy has been a chaos staple since as far back as I can remember. Of course, it's not necessary, but certainly it helps. By 'redundancy' I mean multiple squads of the same kind. Why is this vital? In effect, you want to withstand enemy hate, and having only one squad of any given type allows your opponent to nitpick at your forces in order to reduce your most imperative threats. Does this make sense? Redundancy mainly applies to our troops and heavy slots, rather than HQ, for instance. Given this, I'd suggest that you narrow your scope and take all of one particular troop choice, or a mix of only two.
On to your list:
Princes: I'm of the opinion that a daemon prince excels most at the 1000-1500 mark. In builds less than 1000 points, he's generally too expensive, and in builds larger than 1500, your opponent begins having ways to deal with him (although, I'm definitely not dissuading anyone from taking princes in larger games, but only pointing out that larger battles allow players more ways of dealing with princes). At any rate, between 1000-1500, the prince is often a greater match than our enemies can manage.
Now, when it comes to taking dual princes at games lower than 2000 points, frequently, this results in insufficient funds for purchasing other vital units/upgrades. I think this applies to your list. Therefore, you might consider scrapping one prince and using those points to bulk up your current troops, or adding yet a fourth troop squad, if you can find the additional points.
Plague Marines: Looks pretty good. Two things: All your troops need rhinos. Unless you're playing an infantry-oriented list (i.e., no vehicles), then the general rule of them is to put all your troops in rhinos. Otherwise, the plague marines, or whichever squad isn't in a transport, will inevitably fall behind. This, to be sure, is bad, as it allows your opponent to manage the two rhino squads first, and then attend to the footslogging squad. Second general rule of thumb for chaos: Hit hard and all at once. Most tactical chaos players set the precedence for victory based upon their initial round of combat, and then spend the rest of the game in sustained skirmishes and mop-up duty.
Chaos Marines: Looks pretty good. Personally, I prefer melta guns on our basic marines, as they tend to die when using rapid quantities of plasma rounds. I save plasma for plaguers, who can use FNP to fend off any failed save with the "get's hot" mechanic of plasma weaponry. Also, give this squad the glory icon. It's too cheap to overlook, and will save them many times over against other c.c. armies, such as Nids and aggressive Blood Angel silly billies.
Berzerkers: Also a pretty good unit. Some players prefer the fist on the champ...some prefer the basic power weapon. They're both good options. However, since you already have two other fists in your troop squads, I'd probably go with the basic power weapon on your zerkers, so the champ can benefit from furious charge. Second, most players will tell you to drop the plasma pistols, and I tend to agree. After all, you don't want to lose a valuable c.c. model to a plasma shot gone bad. But really, this comes down to player's choice. If in the end, you need points for other upgrades in your build, I'd take drop the plasma pistol. They are, after all, rather expensive, and they have no redeeming quality for mid range firefights (unlike their plasma gun counterpart)
Vindicators: I've already talked about your lack of long range tank busting, so I won't comment on this again.
Spambot kill tally. . .337
AHRG! Rabbit, that damn avatar you're using is like a horrible acid trip, but I can't look away!
I use 2 DPs in my 1500pnt tourney army, and I love it, though, its not double lash, its 1 lash and the other has MoT with WT/DB.
To better your list, I'd drop the vindis and go with autocannon/lascannon sponson preds, and give your vanilla CSM meltas instead of the plasmas.
Or maybe, shave some points, taking out the plasma pistols (I like them on my zerkers, its a nice shot before the charge), swap the plasma guns on the CSM for meltas, and with the saved points, drop the vindis and take a predator and defiler.
The deflier is by far one of the best unit's in the game (save for the oblits if they're used right). No using one is almost an insult to the chaos gods!
Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)