2500pts, friendly game against Space Marine & Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pts, friendly game against Space Marine & Eldar

Hi,

i'm new to the forum and fairly new to 40k, but i read a lot here and i must say it help...

next Monday i'll be playing a 2500pts game against Space Marine and Eldar, 2 against 1, 1250pts of SM and 1250pts of Eldar VS 2500 of CSM.

here's the list i think i'm gona bring

HQ:
    Demon Prince w/Warptime (maybe also Tzeenetch and the Psyker power reserve to them... don't remember the name and i don't have to codex with me)
    Chaos Lord w/Termi Armour, Chain Fist, Combi Melta

Elite:
    Terminator x4 w/Chain fist, Power Fist x2, PWx1 + Reaper Autocannon & Combi Weapon x3 (2 melta, 1 flamer), Icon chaos Glory (Tzeennetch ???) (in Land Raider with Lord)
    Chosen x 10 w/Champ, PF x 1, 2xflammer, 2xMelta, icon of Nurgle

Troops:
    CSM x 10 w/Champ PF, 2xPlasma, icon of Nurgle (in Rhino)
    Berseker x8 w/Champ PF (in Rhino)

Fast Attack:
    Raptor x10 w/Champ Pair LC, 2xMeltagun, icon of Nurgle

Heavy:
    Obliterator x 2
    Defiler x 1
    Land Raider w/extra armor (Lord + Termi in there)

3 Rhino w/Havoc Launcher & Demonic possession

Now i don't really now fluff wyse if it really work, but so far we didn't really care about that, but it's still a thing a wanna think about.

i also have 5 posseses, 20 CSM, 4 Bike, 1 sorcerer, 10 havock (4ML, 2LC, 4 HB, 2 Autocannon) that i could field, i don't plan on buying anything else as i already did spend to much on that game.)

My opponent will use some harlequin, wraightguard, holing banshee, Wraithlord and the SM Termi, Dreadnought, fews tanks and some SM of course.

Let me know your tought on this if you have the time...

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

HQ:
    Demon Prince w/Warptime (maybe also Tzeenetch and the Psyker power reserve to them... don't remember the name and i don't have to codex with me)

This guy must have Wings. If you don't have them on the model, tell you opponents when you deploy, that he levitates (or something). On foot he'll be far too slow. DPs are such an easy target.

As you have Terminators and Berzerkers, why not make him a Slaanesh DP with Lash.

The problem with a Chain Fist, is that the Lord loses his great Initiative. For the difference in cost, leave him without a Mark, and give him a Deamon Weapon.

Elite:
    Terminator x4 w/Chain fist, Power Fist x2, PWx1 + Reaper Autocannon & Combi Weapon x3 (2 melta, 1 flamer), Icon chaos Glory (Tzeennetch ???) (in Land Raider with Lord)

Don't bother with an Icon. You only have 4 guys, who have great Leadership already. IoT costs too much for a 4 man unit.

Chosen x 10 w/Champ, PF x 1, 2xflammer, 2xMelta, icon of Nurgle

Nice, but lose the Icon, its far too expensive. Remember that if the Icon Bearer dies, you unit loses its upgrade.

Troops:
    CSM x 10 w/Champ PF, 2xPlasma, icon of Nurgle (in Rhino)

All fine

Fast Attack:
    Raptor x10 w/Champ Pair LC, 2xMeltagun, icon of Nurgle

Bring the Unit down to 8. If you have a Winged DP, these guys can form an attack group with him. If you have 5pts left, give the Champ Melta Bombs, as he has no PF.

Heavy:
    Obliterator x 2
    Defiler x 1
    Land Raider w/extra armor (Lord + Termi in there)

All fine

3 Rhino w/Havoc Launcher & Demonic possession

Definately lose all the upgrades. You'll be delivering Berzerkers who need to get close, so it's unlikely your Havoc launcher will fire for rounds 1+2. After that, if your Rhinos are still able to move, use it to block LoS or to Tank Shock the enemy.

My biggest concern with you list is your lack of man power. While all your jump units + vehicles are moving up, you have very little shooting at your enemies. Remember that your Chosen need to close too.

I really think those 20 CSM of yours look good at the moment.

Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i know about the DP wings, i want to buy him some wings but not sure what to get. Maybe the winged nightmare wings from the vampire counts WHFB? But i guest your right i could just play it like you said. I'll also keep in mind your other tips.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get more chaos space marines! If you look at their equipment list, it will say that they have a bolter, bolt pistol & close combat wep. On other parts of the forum i have seen people talk about this and the most common outcome is that they can use all of these things. For example, when out of assault range use the bolter and rapida their backsides. When in assault range, use the pistol and then assault. The good thing about this is that when in CC csm's always count as having 2 attacks, because they have extra weps.

On top of all the grenades the CSMs have, they are soooooo much better than an imperial marine, yet cost the same. CSMs are the ultimate tactical unit, and in 2500 points you shoud have atleast 3, well worth the points cost, even if they arent given upgrades. If you plan to capture objectives, take rhinos too, at 35 points its hard to go wrong.

Here is a good tactic with CSM (Or any army). If its your assault phase, and you realise that one of your units is within 6 inches of an enemy squad that will obviously mince your squad in an assault that you cant escape from, charge them. Think about it...

Most people go "OMG, my squad is dead!" and leave their squad standing their, pending being charged and destroyed.

Intelegent people, (Not so much) like me, will use their almost certaily dead squad and charge the powerfull enemy. By doing this, you get 1 more attack for every model in that squad, and deny the enemy the attacks they would have got from charging. Even though your sqaud is still almost certainly dead, your reducing the damage you will take and increasing damage to your foe. Either way, its better than standing there and waiting to be eaten...

EDIT: About the bolter / pistol / CC wep thing. Many people say it does not obey WYSIWYG, well actualy it does...

Pistols are almost never represented on non-charecter models, like the tau sniper drone spotter for instance, he has one but it is not represented on him. Pistol sorted, our CSM now has a WYSIWYG pistol.

And the CC wep? Well, emagine you are a CSM, your holding your bolter in two hands, then you take one of your hands off of the bolter and take out a pistol. You are now holding a pistol, which you can fire, and a bolter which you cant fire. Thing is though, that bolter realy does double as a sturdy club...

Anyway, WYSIWYG only applies to special / optional weps.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; January 25th, 2009 at 09:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ramon View Post
    The problem with a Chain Fist, is that the Lord loses his great Initiative. For the difference in cost, leave him without a Mark, and give him a Deamon Weapon.
    I agree with you in 1 aspect, a chainfist is a waste of initiative. Give him a demon wep without icon? are you insane? Look at what the slanesh icon does to a lord with demon wep. For so little points, not taking it is just plain stupid.

+ Reply to Thread