Terminator Heavy (1500 pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminator Heavy (1500 pts)

The idea of this army is to unleash a horrible amount of terminator on the enimy. The resean that Abbadon is in this army, is because I got inspired to do so because of him.

HQ: Abbadon the Despoiler 275

Elites: 10 Terminators with 2 Heavy flamers, 2 dual Lightnig claws and 2 chainfists and Icon of Tzeentch 395

10 Terminators with 2 Heavy flamers, 4 powerfists, 1 dual lightning claw and 1 chainfists and Icon of chaos glory 385

6 chosen with AC with powerfist and icon of chaos glory 153 pts

Troops: 8 chaos space marines with icon of chaos glory 130 pts

7 chaos space marines and 1 AC with icon of chaos glory and powerweapon 160 pts

Tactics: Deploy your chaos marines squads out of line of sight. You don't want them to get killed, because they are the only troops you got. These marines will try to claim objectives the moment the first squad of terminators arrive.

The chosen are in here, because I wanted to have a deep strike beacon near my enemy. Deploy your icon bearer behind a wall so he won't get killed. All other chosen can be in cover or to out of line of sight. Fall tacticly on the ground whenever a low armor piercing weapon is shot on you. Don't bother that they can't do anything the next round, because they need to survive till the terminator arive.

When the terminator arive, they will be get shot, A LOT. Try to shoot down te units that will hurt you the most. If he happens to own a vindicator or something with similiar ordance blast, then run the first round, so they won't get killed that easily.

As for Abbadon, he is here to kill your opponent leader. Let him run along your chaos glory terminators, because you dont want him to run of the battle field. After the initial deep strike, you could saperate him from his group and let him kill some units on his own and try to reach his leader. No one else may kill his leader, only Abbadon may do it. But watch out for the grey knight Grand master with the chaos hate thingy (I don't know how it's called. This nasty HQ can kill Abbadon with a single unsaved wound, because of some old codex rule.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

I've never been a fan of really heavy Terminators list because they lack in the troop department. If you plan to play with the 5th edition scenarios, you will most likely have to play a scenario where you have to keep and take objectives and your list will most probably fail in this department because you have only 2 troops and they are on foot.

What are you going to do if there are 5 objectives on the board and if the opponent have a fast attack list so he can target your troops even if they are hidden... how do you plan to handle deep striking units from your opponent?

Also, I know Abbadon is a really cool character but he can't win the game by himself and he's quite expensive. In an objective game you don't win by killing your opponent HQ.

So for a 1500 pts Terminator Heavy list I would advise the following:
    - Take a Chaos Lord in terminator armor.
    - Take 4 squads of 4 Terminators instead of 2 squad of 10.
    - Try to have at least 4 troops in rhinos even if they are low in number.

One last point... how do you plan to deal with tanks? The only weapons capable of doing any damage to armoured vehicules are assault weapons...

I've dealed with such an army in the past... 2 big squad of Terminators, a Land Raider, only 2 troops and a big HQ... I obliterated the troops and then waited for the lil Terminator to slug their way up to my troops while I was shooting them from a distance.

This kind of list might be fun to play with and they look cool on paper but you won't be competitive with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry that I forget to mention it, but this isn't quite a competitive list. It's was more likely to be something funny.

btw: how where you planing to use 4 squads of 4 terminators. You only have 3 elite chooses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrassil View Post
    Sorry that I forget to mention it, but this isn't quite a competitive list. It's was more likely to be something funny.

btw: how where you planing to use 4 squads of 4 terminators. You only have 3 elite chooses.
    Sorry about that... when you mentionned Abbadon I got in my Apocalypse mode... that's the way I field him when I field a 3000 pts Apocalypse Chaos list, with 12 Terminators splitted in 4 squads of 3... I drop them near each other and they draw a lot of attention .

You should make 3 squad of Terminators then, let's say 2 squads of 7 and 1 squad of 6... so you can split your fire on more targets and so your opponent will have to split his fire on 3 different units.

If the list is purely for fun then go for it! I would love to see your opponent face when you drop Abaddon and 20 Terminators on his side of the table...

+ Reply to Thread