2000 pt. Mostly Khorne List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Mostly Khorne List

This list is building onto my 1000 pt. list which basically included a Daemon prince, two squads of Berzerkers in Rhinos, a squad of CSM and a Vindicator.

HQ

Daemon Prince -140
    - Wings
    - MoK

Troops

8 Khorne Berzerkers -233
    - Skull Champion
    - Power Sword
    - Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers -233
    - Skull Champion
    - Power Sword
    - Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers -233
    - Skull Champion
    - Power Sword
    - Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers -233
    - Skull Champion
    - Power Sword
    - Rhino

10 Chaos Space Marines -260
    - Aspiring Champion
    - Power Fist
    - IoCG
    - x2 Melta Guns
    - Rhino

10 Chaos Space Marines -260
    - Aspiring Champion
    - Power Fist
    - IoCG
    - x2 Melta Guns
    - Rhino

Heavy Support

Vindicator -145
    - Demonic Possession

Vindicator -145
    - Demonic Possession

Obliterator -75

Total: 1957

This list is more for just having fun then tournament games since my strategy is basically just an all-out rush towards the enemy. Feel free to leave criticism as most improvements are welcome, especially anti tank wise. The reason why I say most and not all, is that drastic changes may be pretty expensive when it comes to buying stuff and since I already own half this list it would be wasteful for me not too use most of those models.

Last edited by Raltoren; February 4th, 2009 at 23:47. Reason: Advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Your main problem is, as you pointed out, anti tank (Or lack of).
    I shall suggest some minor changes to fix this. The only major changes with it will be your heavy support.
    First of all, drop extra armour from all the rhinos. Its just not worth the points it costs. This saves you 90 points.
    Next, drop melta bombs from everything. This saves you another 30.
    Drop the plasma guns in the chaos marine squads down to melta guns. This helps with your AT problem and gives you 20 points.
    Give the aspiring champions in the chaos space marine squads powerfists, costing you those 20 points you just saved.
    Your calculation are correct, so we also have those 18 points to play around with.

Now, you have a few of good options here. I would do one of the following.

Add one obliterator, and upggrade the vindicators to having daemonic possession.
    OR
    Add a second Daemon Prince (Doesn't really help Anti Tank much though).
    OR
    (My favourite, but the most drastic) Drop both vindicators, and add in instead three predators set up with Autocannon Turrets and Lascannon sponsons.
    Last edited by Riptor; February 4th, 2009 at 23:30.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with the first option, as I already have one Vindicator and buying three Predators would be a bit expensive. However Forty-three points were left over, unless i calculated it wrong, so any suggestions on what to spend that on are appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Personnally, since you want to go for a full Khorne list I would keep it as it is except for a few small changes.

It's true that your list lack in anti-tank firepower, but by saying that it doesn't mean you have to take heavy weapons, it just mean you need some tank busters. In my book, one of the really good tank busting option we have in our army list is a raptor squad with 2 Meltaguns. You can deploy them with the rest of your army and you deep strike them.

So I would try to fit 2 squad of Raptors in your current list. First I would drop that lone Obliterator, he doesn't fit the theme and he won't do much by himself, next I would drop Daemonic Possession on the Vindicators. It's a nice upgrade for a vehicule but it's costly for what it does. Also, it lower you BS...

Since your CSM squads are 255 pts each (not 260 pts) your list would cost you 1872 pts.

Remove a squad of Khorne Berserkers and replace it by 2 squads of Raptors with the following configuration:
    6 Raptors (180 pts)
    - Aspiring Champion w/ a Power Fist
    - 2 Meltaguns

Removing a Squad of Berserkers could be hard for you but with 2 squads of Raptors you gain a tactical advantage and your list becomes more mobile. Also Raptors make a great retinue for a flying Daemon Prince of Khorne.

One last change I would make with that list, is to give all your Skull Champions a Power Fist. They deserve it and it's really worth it. I know, I5 and a Power Weapon are a great combo but my deduction that a Power Fist is always better for numerous reasons is born from experience.

All in all, with your DP, 3 squads of 8 Khorne Berserkers in rhinos, 2 squads of 10 CSM in rhinos, 2 squads of 6 Raptors and 2 Vindicators your have a 1989 pts list. With the 10 points left you could buy a combi-melta for one of your CSM Aspiring Champion...

Anyway, that's it, hope it helps. It's really a close range / close combat army... I like it a lot.
    Last edited by Thyr; February 5th, 2009 at 03:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one way to fix ur anti tank problem is dropping both vindicators and the Lone oblitertator and add in a tri Lascannon Predator <---- WORKS Perfectly and 2 obliterators.

Not only this but change the CSM squads to meltas instead of the Plasmas. Then ur fine and the List looks like it will do well

+ Reply to Thread