2500 Tournament daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

2500 Tournament daemons

This is my first attempt at writing a non-all slaanesh daemons list and I was wondering what you think. It's for a 2500 point tournament and rounds out at 2501 points. Please feel free to tweek it and give me feedback on what you think.

HQ
    Blood Thirster, might, and blessing

Blood Thirster, might, and blessing

Elites
    6 Fiends
    8 Bloodcrushers

Troops
    2X12 blood letters

20 daemonettes

2X12 plaguebearers, Icon

Heavy support
    3X slaanesh prince w/breath, aura, pavane, and hide.

Thoughts?

Last edited by girlhunter2102; July 14th, 2009 at 07:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Slaanesh Princes? Unless you take Aura, Musk and Pavane I wouldn't bother. Grinders or Nurgle DPs are superior for your intended uses.

Bloodcrushers can be split into 2 units, I'd also give them icon, instrument and blessing for wound allocation purposes.

Daemonettes are yuck, I'd get more PBs (10-12 should be enough for both units).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Alright, I'm thinking about dropping the nurglings, and shaving the daemonettes back to 15. In order to take at least 10 more plaguebearers, and more upgrades on the princes. I also know who 4 of my possible oppents are and what they play, so now i'm trying to be balanced enough to beat them. Eldar, Dual lash-slaanesh, tyranids, and assault heavy/mech Space wolves. Once again input would be much appreciated, thanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

This thread belongs in the army list section.

*thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

battle report

There's a typo first of all, there's supposed to be one unit of 12 bloodletters, and the other of 15.

So I threw in more plague bearers as suggested by ==ME==, and I play tested it against the nasty, CODEX CREEP Space Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dropped in a thirster, 2 princes, both units of plague bearers and the crushers first.

They hid first turn in cover, and ran out of base-base, whew! No need to give his rhino mounted bloodclaws berzerk charge, even if I strike first. He focused fire on one prince, killed it, and whittled down the plaguebearers with his drop-pod assault wolf guard in terminator armor.

Turn 2:
    One bloodletter squad and fiends come in. Thirster assaults blood claws after death striking their rhino, with prince assistance. I only kill 5 and since he's stubborn get tied up, sad for a thirster.

He kills one plague bearer unit, with wolf guard, and does some very minor shooting damge because he's hiding in his rhinos, waiting for me to get close, however I'm not stupid =).

Turn 3:
    The rest comes in, Death strike takes another rhino down, Ragnars rhino. Thirster rolls amazing for his saves but only kills 3, still has prince support following him. But once again damn stubborn saves him!!!!!! Blood crushers get locked with his venerable dreadnaught, bad on my part to assault it, needed the other thrister to get them out.

Moves land speeders to block other prince, from bringing more assault support, more blood claws die an agonising death, as the blood thirster and his prince keep going with one wound. I officially hate the 4 power weapon/fist combo, CAN SOMEONE SAY CHEESE!!!

Turn 4:
    Nettes & other unit of plaugue bearers tie up grey hunters and their drop pod, Venerable dread finally pops, thank god! A rhino pops, WOO! death strike. RAgnar dodges all but one attack which was from the prince, so no instant death, =(. Fiends pop Land speeders and move on to contest objectives.

Moves two rhinos on one objective, charges wolf guard into 14 bloodletters, Lets just say Russ wasnt with them and blood went to the blood god!

Turn 5:
    Prince pops BLood claws rhino and they run due to 5 dieing in the explosion, thank god. Blood thirster pops antoher rhino so fiends and blood letters can assault and kill blood claws holding objective and take it in the name of the Blood God. Boy do they. Other Rhino pops to other thrister in assualt, and other bloodletters kill them in combat. Prince pops drop pod, Grey hunters finally die.

Game ends Victory for chaos! The map flows with wolf blood, and Khorne Drinks deep the blood of victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I played against this list in the tourney, and was absolutely eaten.

Mission was KP's, and between some bad Warp Spider rolling and his spread deployment I was unable to use my Mech Eldar's mobility to their advantage, and was dragged into CC and smacked around.

In retrospect, I should have played without my usual mobility mindset and stayed in a cohesive group, dealing with the nearest threat. As it was, his units were too resistant or too numerous for my spread out firepower to deal with before CC.

Anyway, well constructed and well played list, Girlhunter went 3-0 and finished third thanks to our somewhat senile tournament organizer's decision to use old-school VP's instead of opponent's records for breaking ties.

Congrats girlhunter, we both know that G's Drop IG had a massive advantage thanks to playing that scrubmarine player twice.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Sounds like a good showing, well done
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I'm not going to name names rattrap, so your comments on my list for next 1000 point doubles to go along with ==Me== would be appriciated. I love multile opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Yeah that probably came off a little harsh on them

But c'mon, two KP missions in one day?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

-edit- When is that 1k doubles tourney btw?
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I don't want to re-post the list, so I'm just reviving it instead. I've got a 2500 ard boys game coming up and this is the list I'm bringing. I fixed the massive amount of typos in the original list and just changed it, a bit. But generally still the list that got me third last time.

I've got a game coming up against daemonhunters (same guy who started the thread how do you fare against daemonhunters in the main forum here) there you'll find his list. Your advice is much needed as I rarely play against daemonhunters with my daemons (as I hate the sanctuary power ssssssoooooo much).

Either way here's the list, thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast